Main Menu

Spot On

Started by Nick, August 17, 2020, 08:56:44 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2020, 02:48:20 PM
You mainly talk past people , and you mainly dont enter into debate.

Which does beg the question why you actually joined an online debating forum...

I must admit though quackers i do enjoy your non stop predictions of the political world. Remember last decemebr you told us the remain majority was going to sweep all aside and stop brexit? Have you got one , and i mean one , actually correct yet out of the many you have made? :D

I was doing cartwheels about my lounge when the snp took out your dear leader swinson.

I can't remember saying that a remain majority would sweep all else aside and stop Brexit.  What I can remember saying over and over again is that it's quite possible that the majority of people by then wanted to remain in the EU and the country needed to find out. Then the Tories got a big majority and Brexit became the only dish on the table and it still is for the foreseeable future, regrettably.

Getting a bit grammatical for a second, if there had been a remain majority then presumably it would have swept all aside and stopped Brexit. But it didn't happen. Anyway Swinson wasn't my dear leader. I'm still in the process of deciding whether to forgive the Lib Dems for the coalition.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on September 19, 2020, 02:42:53 PM
Yes I do talk past people. I don't always enter directly into the debate. But even so I still manage to be a lot more polite and civil than some of the mud slingers on here who seem to be playing a game of last man standing.

You mainly talk past people , and you mainly dont enter into debate.

Which does beg the question why you actually joined an online debating forum...

I must admit though quackers i do enjoy your non stop predictions of the political world. Remember last decemebr you told us the remain majority was going to sweep all aside and stop brexit? Have you got one , and i mean one , actually correct yet out of the many you have made? :D

I was doing cartwheels about my lounge when the snp took out your dear leader swinson.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

HDQQ

Yes I do talk past people. I don't always enter directly into the debate. But even so I still manage to be a lot more polite and civil than some of the mud slingers on here who seem to be playing a game of last man standing.

I don't come on here to preach to the unconvertible, especially when they are incoherent.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on August 22, 2020, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: HDQQ on August 21, 2020, 10:31:41 AM

QuoteBack to the OP, how is testing in an area in Australia that is know to be almost virus fee help anything?
To find out if the virus is spreading in that area or to detect if it appears.
OK, if you're looking for diamonds, there's no point in screening all horse manure because it's a known fact that diamonds don't occur in horse manure. Likewise there would be no point in screening people in an area of Australia for lasser fever, since it doesn't occur there as far as I know.  But there's ever possibility that covid-19 could appear in that area that's currently free of it. Also it might be a useful study of how prevalent asymptomatic cases.

Did you actually watch the video?

i would doubt that very much nick.

Quackers speciality is talking past people rather than listening to debate , engaging or watching videos.

If you think of it along the lines of someone writing  dear diary , you wont be far off the mark.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on August 21, 2020, 10:31:41 AM

QuoteBack to the OP, how is testing in an area in Australia that is know to be almost virus fee help anything?
OK, if you're looking for diamonds, there's no point in screening all horse manure because it's a known fact that diamonds don't occur in horse manure. Likewise there would be no point in screening people in an area of Australia for lasser fever, since it doesn't occur there as far as I know.  But there's ever possibility that covid-19 could appear in that area that's currently free of it. Also it might be a useful study of how prevalent asymptomatic cases.

Did you actually watch the video?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 20, 2020, 06:08:05 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2020, 03:52:56 PMSpecial actions?

If I've had it then there are no actions.
If I haven't had it there are no actions.
If I've got it, I am sure I would know therefore I don't need testing.

So what are your special actions?
QuoteIf you've had Covid you can assume you're reasonably secure from catching it again.

I had a sore throat whilst in Italy in December and again back in the U.K. January. It could have been a throat infection or COVID, testing will tell me nothing unless they can say when I got it.

QuoteIf you haven't had Covid, you take care, where possible, to avoid situations of possible higher contamination.

If I haven't had it I'm never going to get it.

QuoteThe symptoms are not exclusive to Covid, so testing will confirm either way, and you can adjust your life to the previous two alternatives. Of course, you should also consider any others in your immediate circle, such as their age and vulnerability.

When ever I go anywhere I don't visit my parents for 2 weeks, testing me won't change this or give any information on this situation.

QuoteAnd the information from your tests will be added to the national pot and help build up a picture of the varying situations around the country...

Testing me will add nothing except confusion to any pot as I travel so much.

Back to the OP, how is testing in an area in Australia that is know to be almost virus fee help anything?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2020, 03:52:56 PMSpecial actions?

If you've had Covid you can assume you're reasonably secure from catching it again.
If you haven't had Covid, you take care, where possible, to avoid situations of possible higher contamination.
The symptoms are not exclusive to Covid, so testing will confirm either way, and you can adjust your life to the previous two alternatives. Of course, you should also consider any others in your immediate circle, such as their age and vulnerability.

And the information from your tests will be added to the national pot and help build up a picture of the varying situations around the country...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2020, 03:52:56 PM

The problem is many people don't know they have got it, because they are asymptomatic, but they can still transmit it to others.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 20, 2020, 02:07:32 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2020, 06:44:37 PMSame old blurb with no substance. So here is a real life scenario, (Me).

Beginning of the year I travelled to Italy twice, The Netherlands, France, Estonia, Latvia and a week in New York.
Don't know if I've had it but if I was tested what would this show?

As we all know but are dancing round the fact, the spikes are within the Asian community where there are 3 generations in the same house. Oldham, Blackburn, Leicester and Preston. All got large Asian populations.

None of this is anything to do with Australia testing in areas they KNOW have very little if any cases of CV-19.
If you were tested you would find out if you had Covid, had had Covid, or were a carrier with no symptoms. Each of these outcomes would indicate what, if any, special actions you should take according to your own circumstances.

The top ten hot spot spikes in England are Leicester, Pendleton, Blackburn, Herefordshire, Bradford, Oadby & Wigston, Rochdale, Peterborough, East Staffordshire, and Luton...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8532065/Public-Health-England-publish-list-areas-risk-lockdowns-Covid-19-spikes.html

Special actions?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2020, 06:44:37 PMSame old blurb with no substance. So here is a real life scenario, (Me).

Beginning of the year I travelled to Italy twice, The Netherlands, France, Estonia, Latvia and a week in New York.
Don't know if I've had it but if I was tested what would this show?

As we all know but are dancing round the fact, the spikes are within the Asian community where there are 3 generations in the same house. Oldham, Blackburn, Leicester and Preston. All got large Asian populations.

None of this is anything to do with Australia testing in areas they KNOW have very little if any cases of CV-19.
If you were tested you would find out if you had Covid, had had Covid, or were a carrier with no symptoms. Each of these outcomes would indicate what, if any, special actions you should take according to your own circumstances.

The top ten hot spot spikes in England are Leicester, Pendleton, Blackburn, Herefordshire, Bradford, Oadby & Wigston, Rochdale, Peterborough, East Staffordshire, and Luton...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8532065/Public-Health-England-publish-list-areas-risk-lockdowns-Covid-19-spikes.html
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 20, 2020, 12:09:32 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2020, 12:06:37 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on August 20, 2020, 11:31:05 AM
Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2020, 11:06:54 AM

Show me where someone has explained the benefits of testing using the above scenario?

Several times in this thread. That you can't or won't understand it is frankly your problem not theirs.

Keep saying won't make it true.

Seeing as only you and I have posted on the subject since I outlined the scenario it must have been you, so where is it?

Several people have explained it to you in the thread.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2020, 12:06:37 PM

Show me where someone has explained the benefits of testing using the above scenario?

Several times in this thread. That you can't or won't understand it is frankly your problem not theirs.

Seeing as only you and I have posted on the subject since I outlined the scenario it must have been you, so where is it?

Several people have explained it to you in the thread.

Nick

Are you planning on actually posting a intelligent response to a post any time soon? Or are you forever going to hide behind snide comments, insults and simple one line answers?

papasmurf