Just had a word with Hon Sec

Started by Borchester, August 18, 2020, 12:54:18 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 18, 2020, 04:54:21 PM
Well I should just about be finished out in the garden for another year and the drying of washing returned to the tumble so come October fill your boots .

There is nothing that is more of a blight on suburban living  than the prick that decides to smoke out the community with a bonfire on a summers day .In fact one of the upsides to the pandemic has been the very few garden fires that we have had this year . The odd one quickly extinguished by shouts of ''put it out you selfish bastard'' across the garden fence by someone just home after their appointment at the department of respiratory medicine  .

As I say fill your boots Borky ,Oct -March should be the Bonfire season with heavy fines outside those months because you just know (well I do ) as soon as the hottest day of the year is announced some daft old bugger takes it as a green light to re-enact  the happenings along Pudding Lane  in 1666 .

I have to admit Streetwalker that there is something in what you say. Ideally bonfires should not be allowed until November when it is getting chilly and everybody has their windows closed.  And maybe just a couple of communal burnups during the winter as opposed to 160 going nigh on continually for half the year. And a proper forced draught incinerator with the air pump powered by a treadmill that is in turn powered by excited kids running up and down it.

But that is for Spring. Right now I am counting the days to 1 October.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Well I should just about be finished out in the garden for another year and the drying of washing returned to the tumble so come October fill your boots .

There is nothing that is more of a blight on suburban living  than the prick that decides to smoke out the community with a bonfire on a summers day .In fact one of the upsides to the pandemic has been the very few garden fires that we have had this year . The odd one quickly extinguished by shouts of ''put it out you selfish bastard'' across the garden fence by someone just home after their appointment at the department of respiratory medicine  .

As I say fill your boots Borky ,Oct -March should be the Bonfire season with heavy fines outside those months because you just know (well I do ) as soon as the hottest day of the year is announced some daft old bugger takes it as a green light to re-enact  the happenings along Pudding Lane  in 1666 .

Borchester

And she reckons that we will be allowed bonfires from the start of October. Someone asked about the old folks living in the home on the edge of the allotment site and she, splendid lass that she is, replied sod the old folk. We are old folk.

Generally speaking the committee members of any organisation are mostly sad buggers who are only there because no one else wants the job, but our lass has come up trumps. So come 1 October, if much of North West London disappears in a rich, rolling cloud of white smoke, don't worry on it. It will just be me burning a couple of old sheds, forty wooden pallets and most anything else I have been unable to get shot of since the arrival of the Sino Snots.
Algerie Francais !