Met caught out targetting Black drivers..?

Started by patman post, August 18, 2020, 05:46:20 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2020, 08:32:40 PM
Well since I wasn't there I don't know what is true or not,what I do know is that there is a narrative that practically all claims of racism are false,clearly they're not,to believe so is as ridiculous that all claims are true.
Somewhere alongthe line balace has been lost

I again totally disagree with you cromwell. First of all you say to me the other day "many claims of racism are true" without providing any evidence to back this up bar a few sporadic examples , now you claim there is a narrative that all claims of racism are false?( aye i know you then tried to qualify this ,
Quoteto believe so is as ridiculous that all claims are true.
but this sounds a bit pathetic in light of your previous claims  , where you are anything but balanced and neutral on the subject)

I wont bother asking , cause im sure you can't back this up either.

This comment is interesting though...

QuoteSomewhere alongthe line balace has been lost

I fully agree. The balance has been lost , and you are part of the problem.

can't you see posting empty throw away comments about many claims of racism being true and lamenting about a mythical narrative of claims of racism being false without providing any context or fact is part of why the balance has been lost in terms of debating racism?

You are taking a preconceived postition without knowing all the evidence and facts , and your mind is closed on the matter. This in turn leads others to take a contrary position to what they see as your unfair comments.

Both sides get entrenched  , all minds become closed and further debate is pointless. You then moan balance has been lost , which to me comes across as a euphemism for people dont agree with you?

The balance you seek is there is racism in society , and there are those who arent racist. There are good and bad black and white , and most of us just want to rub along together and get on with things.

On the wider subject of racism , you wont fight the injustice of racism by creating more injustice by accusing society of being culpable in terms of many claims of racism being true.

Black folk arent above the same laws that apply to the rest of us , and if we get to a stage where they are , then society really will break down if the police fear to go anywhere near a black person for fear of being accussed racist.

Targetting black drivers isnt necessarily racist.

I have already given exmaples previously on how scottish police regualrly targetted young white council estate bhoys in the glasgow area for things like stop and search for years. No one liked it no one agreed with it , but we didnt cry racist.

If a high amount of black drivers are commiting car crime in greater london  , then you can see why they are targeting black drivers.

Police officer who said 'black people commit more crime' wasn't being racist
A police officer who pulled a driver over and told him black people commit more crime was not being racist, an investigation has found.

So naturally, if you see a car full of black lads, they may be dressed in gangsta style clothing and they're driving down there, they're getting stopped.'

https://metro.co.uk/2017/12/07/police-officer-said-black-people-commit-crime-wasnt-racist-7140683/

By the way cromwell , the police said there was nothing wrong in this case , to echo the opposite of somethng you said the other day regarding the case in cyprus  , so the police in this instance dont agree with you.( many claims of racism being true? Not in this case it isnt according to the MET.....cue postman screaming the MET are racist)

QuoteScotland Yard said in a statement a review "found no evidence of misconduct" on May 23

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2020, 10:32:49 PM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 10:08:18 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 18, 2020, 08:10:16 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on August 18, 2020, 06:37:15 PM
Pretty dangerous game for this police officer to be playing - Accusing someone of driving at speed, through a red light, and unusually, can all be countered by the citizen having a dashcam recording their driving, which many people do nowadays.

Why would it be dangerous ?  Plod were doing their jobs , the Met found nothing wrong with the stop and now even when they are polite are accused of underhand tactics .

That they let him go when he showed his badge is of more concern to me ,all equal under the law includes policemen , black or otherwise
Well since I wasn't there I don't know what is true or not,what I do know is that there is a narrative that practically all claims of racism are false,clearly they're not,to believe so is as ridiculous that all claims are true.

To be fair, that is an argument that can be used the other way... All police stops of black people are racist which clearly they're not.
pardon Nick,isn't that what I said?

Quotethere is a narrative that practically all claims of racism are false,clearly they're not,to believe so is as ridiculous that all claims are true.

Sorry Mr C, didn't see that bit :)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 10:08:18 PM
Pretty dangerous game for this police officer to be playing - Accusing someone of driving at speed, through a red light, and unusually, can all be countered by the citizen having a dashcam recording their driving, which many people do nowadays.

Why would it be dangerous ?  Plod were doing their jobs , the Met found nothing wrong with the stop and now even when they are polite are accused of underhand tactics .

That they let him go when he showed his badge is of more concern to me ,all equal under the law includes policemen , black or otherwise

To be fair, that is an argument that can be used the other way... All police stops of black people are racist which clearly they're not.
pardon Nick,isn't that what I said?

Quotethere is a narrative that practically all claims of racism are false,clearly they're not,to believe so is as ridiculous that all claims are true.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nalaar on August 18, 2020, 09:07:27 PMTrue, but then the officer would have to imagine up some other reason, which the dashcam couldn't refute.
But you're assuming the reason for the stop is always a traffic offence. Many times it's just to inconvenience and the play games. If they can get a reaction — which is often played for — it's a bonus...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

I remember Pat telling us he gets stopped in his car regularly, I guess the easiest thing is to say Racism, when it sounds more like stereotyping, because of the crime level among the black community, which in the US is always being pointed out as a reason. unless of course the figures are a bunch of lies to cover for racism.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nalaar

Quote from: patman post on August 18, 2020, 08:56:02 PM
But the suggestion (rather than accusation) doesn't get made until the office has had a squint round the inside of the car.
And the Police not having their body worn camera on is not uncommon...

True, but then the officer would have to imagine up some other reason, which the dashcam couldn't refute.
Don't believe everything you think.

patman post

But the suggestion (rather than accusation) doesn't get made until the office has had a squint round the inside of the car.
And the Police not having their body worn camera on is not uncommon...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

patman post

Now a black police inspector is suing the Met Police for racial harassment after being stopped in his car by two white officers.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53811375

One comment is just on the button: "...police officers pretending to be polite whilst falsely accusing me without any evidence whatsoever of having committed serious criminal and road traffic act offences."

The way to deal with this is to be even more polite than the officers. Odds are they'll then tire of trying to get a reaction.

News of this stop follows the recent high-profile vehicle stops of Dawn Butler MP and British sprinter Bianca Williams. Both have received apologies...