How do you mean forget Kremlin meddling?

Started by Sheepy, August 19, 2020, 09:57:07 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 23, 2020, 10:37:45 AM
How effective is any meddling in any foreign power's affairs.

Well it has fubared Labour in Britain.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

How effective is any meddling in any foreign power's affairs. If the country is a democracy, unless there is active vote rigging, it is necesssary to get to change the minds of many individual voters to have an effect.
Most of the voters have already made up their minds how to vote - same way as they have for the last 25 years.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 19, 2020, 12:43:54 PM
Probably the only useful part of that entire link

"Whatever way this election turns out, there will be a gulf of divisiveness and doubt among US citizens about the legitimacy of the next administration"

And they always have, and always will.

I wonder how much the Knesset is meddling, and not only in the US. But that's not a kosher subject for social media is it.
Well in actual fact the Hasbaras are affected as well. If the media want to battle it out between them without dragging everyone else in, with there everybody wants to rule the world, they can be my guest.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 19, 2020, 12:43:54 PM

I wonder how much the Knesset is meddling,

Since about 2013 a lot in British politics, ably assisted by the right wing press.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Probably the only useful part of that entire link

"Whatever way this election turns out, there will be a gulf of divisiveness and doubt among US citizens about the legitimacy of the next administration"

And they always have, and always will.

I wonder how much the Knesset is meddling, and not only in the US. But that's not a kosher subject for social media is it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/498332-kremlin-meddling-us-democracy/

No I don't think I will, because you didn't play nicely as I asked. so now you don't get a say.