Why Labour lost.

Started by srb7677, August 20, 2020, 10:40:32 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 29, 2020, 09:58:46 AM

What would you rather we called him? Uncle Jez? The Peoples Champion? The man (and his co-conspirators) had a long history of cozying up with the Provos, Hamas and Hezbollah to name a few. In fact, virtually anyone with an anti-uk or anti western agenda was on his party invite list.

Have you ever bothered to check any of that, other than believing news papers.  (I am serious about that.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on August 28, 2020, 07:41:07 PMthe heads of MI5 & 6 and the Army to accuse Wurzel of high treason against The Empire and Emperor Palpatine.

What would you rather we called him? Uncle Jez? The Peoples Champion? The man (and his co-conspirators) had a long history of cozying up with the Provos, Hamas and Hezbollah to name a few. In fact, virtually anyone with an anti-uk or anti western agenda was on his party invite list.

Treason might be the wrong word. C*** certainly isn't

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on August 28, 2020, 08:24:15 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 28, 2020, 08:15:04 PMBoris doesn't forget his commitment he made, I cannot tell you how I know that, but he has been an honourable man. Politically that is, he doesn't forget those who stood by him.

I don't doubt that at all.
Good, because its true, it is probably upsetting for some that he doesn't pretend he is a messiah.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 28, 2020, 11:00:32 PM
Cad? So anyone who is immoral in any way should not be in government? I guess it would be one way to reduce numbers at Westminster.
There are indeed many morally dubious specimens in Westminster from all parties, but Johnson is exceptional.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on August 28, 2020, 10:26:46 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 28, 2020, 08:15:04 PMBoris doesn't forget his commitment he made, I cannot tell you how I know that, but he has been an honourable man. Politically that is, he doesn't forget those who stood by him.

I do. The man is an obvious cad.

Boris is a son of a bitch, but he is the sort of son of a bitch that appeals to me and a lot of other voters so I reckon that he will be around for a good while yet.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Cad? So anyone who is immoral in any way should not be in government? I guess it would be one way to reduce numbers at Westminster.

srb7677

I do. The man is an obvious cad.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on August 28, 2020, 07:58:13 PM
BJ does himself no favours. He almost seems to expect success despite himself, which is as ridiculous as it sounds. Carrie's father let it drop that he will jump ship in 6 months, roundly refuted of course but in some ways it might make sense. He got to No 10 on one real promise of 'get Brexit done'. The other extraneous dreams of North Sea bridge etc were just bravado window dressing although without Covid and with his majority in place the sky was the limit.

Covid  has changed everything. The focus now has to be to keep us afloat to ride the 2nd wave, should it come, and Brexit. Having experienced Covid and had a close call and now with a new baby in tow, I am convinced his focus has changed. I would not be at all surprised to see him pull out - job done, and hand over to someone with the commercial stomach to get us on our feet. The country's need will be for a person capable of detail and drive. My feeling is that BJ although clever never did detail and Covid removed his drive. He hasn't looked the same since he succumbed.

I suspect that he is wise enough to know when to leave. Starmer will not get a shoe in and at present the self inflicted damage to Labour runs too deep.
Boris doesn't forget his commitment he made, I cannot tell you how I know that, but he has been an honourable man. Politically that is, he doesn't forget those who stood by him.

T00ts

BJ does himself no favours. He almost seems to expect success despite himself, which is as ridiculous as it sounds. Carrie's father let it drop that he will jump ship in 6 months, roundly refuted of course but in some ways it might make sense. He got to No 10 on one real promise of 'get Brexit done'. The other extraneous dreams of North Sea bridge etc were just bravado window dressing although without Covid and with his majority in place the sky was the limit.

Covid  has changed everything. The focus now has to be to keep us afloat to ride the 2nd wave, should it come, and Brexit. Having experienced Covid and had a close call and now with a new baby in tow, I am convinced his focus has changed. I would not be at all surprised to see him pull out - job done, and hand over to someone with the commercial stomach to get us on our feet. The country's need will be for a person capable of detail and drive. My feeling is that BJ although clever never did detail and Covid removed his drive. He hasn't looked the same since he succumbed.

I suspect that he is wise enough to know when to leave. Starmer will not get a shoe in and at present the self inflicted damage to Labour runs too deep.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 28, 2020, 07:23:44 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 28, 2020, 09:20:11 AM
LOL lets dissect the Liebour party, they lost because they are shit and everybody knows it. They ramped up thinking they could do a con job and got slaughtered.

Sod it, I was going to say that.
No worries the media will convince them they are getting the upper hand like they did with Corbyn, but as we have the votes and not them, we know they are talking out of their backsides..

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on August 28, 2020, 07:23:44 PM
LOL lets dissect the Liebour party, they lost because they are shit and everybody knows it. They ramped up thinking they could do a con job and got slaughtered.

Well, there's that too but you could level the same thing at the Tories.

I mean Boris's numbers are plummeting against that incompetent clown Starmer.. surely that says something? ;)

No idea whether Corbo would've been any better, they were shit sure..but less shit than the Tories have been so far? IMHO yes, otherwise they wouldn't have treated Lab as a such a 'grave' threat and wheeled out the heads of MI5 & 6 and the Army to accuse Wurzel of high treason against The Empire and Emperor Palpatine.
+++

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Baff