Why Labour lost.

Started by srb7677, August 20, 2020, 10:40:32 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

The original Fenian movement was justified, and the original IRA ..but they went wrong in the 1940's and just became gangster terror orgs
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on August 29, 2020, 03:26:54 PM

I'm not denying that they supported terror groups.

You know your history - you KNOW they mostly supported the Loyalists and even collaborated with them themselves. Yes they did collaborate...

But Corbyn was pro IRA I'm not even denying that. What more do you want? But is he any worse than anyobe else in Labour or the Tories who supported Loyalists paramilitaries and other corrupt dictators and terrorists?

Do you see what I'm saying?

It's a fair point isn't it?

I would like to point out the biggest fillers of collecting buckets for the IRA were in America.
I did see such a collection in the 32 Club in Harlesden  back around 1968.  (I was then and still am a fan of Irish music.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

No I never said Labour was pro-IRA - they were not.

"Another British declassified document from 1975 reveals concerns from senior British army officers — which were communicated to then prime minister Harold Wilson — that the UDR was "heavily infiltrated" by loyalist paramilitaries and could not be relied upon to follow orders. The response from the British government was not to disband the UDR but to mobilise it along the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland, and increase its numbers and its intelligence-gathering role."

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-01-15-explainer-british-collusion-in-northern-irelands-dirty-war/amp/

They were pro loyalist..

..Corbyn was pro-IRA, but wanted a peace deal. Not sure how that's worse than being pro loyalist?

Aren't they both terrorists?

They killed Catholic British citizens in NI, are they not worth as much as any Englishman? Of course they are.

That's the point.
+++

Thomas

I think auld borkie is spot on when he said if there is anyone more stupid than the british left , we have yet to meet them. :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on August 29, 2020, 03:26:54 PM

You know your history - you KNOW they mostly supported the Loyalists and even collaborated with them themselves. Yes they did collaborate...

But Corbyn was pro IRA I'm not even denying that. What more do you want? But is he any worse than anyobe else in Labour or the Tories who supported Loyalists paramilitaries and other corrupt dictators and terrorists?

No it isnt.

The point is however you wish to spin it , corbyn let his stupidity overcome whatever small ounce of electoral sense he had regarding northern ireland  , as have labour in general.

You admit labour/corbyn were pro ira , and then cant see why you piss off the english , the enemies of the IRA? You know , the english electorate you go to on polling day and ask for votes?

Its not difficult dyno.

When the tories support loyalist terrorists , it doesnt harm their electability as the english are on the side of the loyalists.

loyalists werent bombing english people in a concerted campaign. Loyalists werent trying to tear up englands country - the uk.

Labour constantly find themsleves on the opposite side of public opinion , and wonder why they are out of power and red meat for the press. FFS.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 03:21:29 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 29, 2020, 03:18:14 PM
Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 03:08:11 PM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 29, 2020, 02:57:33 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 29, 2020, 10:15:57 AMYou can call Corbo your desired name

Thanks for that. And I should be pissed at Trump, the Israelis and BJ, why exactly? I don't remember them holding collection buckets for "Sinn.Fein" or protesting at the trials of Provos (curiously, he never turned up i n the interests of a "fair trial" for loyalist killers, eh?)

28 members of my Regiment died in Northern Ireland. I'm not asking you to agree with me or even to understand our anger with him, but the man is a **** to everyone who served over there. So thanks for allowing me to call him my desired name

i cannae remember deppity , but was wurzel  and moderate hard left centrist labour for or against the taliban?

They did?

From memory, didn't America and the Tories support the mujahideen who did this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

it was a joke dyno.?

You seem very touchy on the subject of labour supporting terrorist groups .

can't you see how out of touch they seem to ordianry english folk on the subject of the IRA and northern ireland , not to mention coming across as betraying their own?

On top of that , this freedom for everyone except the jocks is farcical.

+++

Thomas

The DUP have been talking to loyalist paramilitaries recently..

Not sure what the revelation is here dyno?

The DUP , the political wing of northern irish loyalist terrorists , talking to loyalists on the street is a revelation to you?

The point is , jeremy corbyn is asking the english for their support and vote while being seen as friends of englands enemies. How do you think that is going to go down?

When the tories support terrorists , they support the "right terrorists" that are fighting on englands side.

Its not difficult to work out why labour constantly piss off the scottish and english electorate , and are seen on the opposite side  to the very people they are courting at election time , hence the bloddy nose in december.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on August 29, 2020, 03:18:14 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 29, 2020, 10:15:57 AMYou can call Corbo your desired name

Thanks for that. And I should be pissed at Trump, the Israelis and BJ, why exactly? I don't remember them holding collection buckets for "Sinn.Fein" or protesting at the trials of Provos (curiously, he never turned up i n the interests of a "fair trial" for loyalist killers, eh?)

28 members of my Regiment died in Northern Ireland. I'm not asking you to agree with me or even to understand our anger with him, but the man is a **** to everyone who served over there. So thanks for allowing me to call him my desired name

i cannae remember deppity , but was wurzel  and moderate hard left centrist labour for or against the taliban?

They did?

From memory, didn't America and the Tories support the mujahideen who did this...

it was a joke dyno.?

You seem very touchy on the subject of labour supporting terrorist groups .

Cant you see how out of touch they seem to ordianry english folk on the subject of the IRA and northern ireland , not to mention coming across as betraying their own?

On top of that , this freedom for everyone except the jocks is farcical.

Borg Refinery

They did?

+++

Borg Refinery

Was a bit apprehensive about mentioning NI, as I like you and I know it's a sore spot (I don't mean that as a dig btw) as you served there..

..but I also had to be honest. The govt did collaborate with loyalist terrorists.

The DUP have been talking to loyalist paramilitaries recently..

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/10/16/news/dup-defends-arlene-foster-s-astonishing-meetings-with-senior-loyalists-1739844/

And yet the govt has accommodated them plenty, both the previous one and this one.

And they put soldiers in danger too, if memory serves some have died at their hands, even if it was accidental.

+++

Thomas

papasmurf

I don't remember them holding collection buckets for "Sinn.Fein" or protesting at the trials of Provos (curiously, he never turned up i n the interests of a "fair trial" for loyalist killers, eh?)

What actual non newspaper credible evidence do you have for any of that please?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2020, 10:08:33 AM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 29, 2020, 09:58:46 AM

What would you rather we called him? Uncle Jez? The Peoples Champion? The man (and his co-conspirators) had a long history of cozying up with the Provos, Hamas and Hezbollah to name a few. In fact, virtually anyone with an anti-uk or anti western agenda was on his party invite list.

Have you ever bothered to check any of that, other than believing news papers.  (I am serious about that.)
Only about 30 pages of it on another forum, which you were there talking your usual bollox, but then don't let that short memory syndrome bother you.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 29, 2020, 09:58:46 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 28, 2020, 07:41:07 PMthe heads of MI5 & 6 and the Army to accuse Wurzel of high treason against The Empire and Emperor Palpatine.

What would you rather we called him? Uncle Jez? The Peoples Champion? The man (and his co-conspirators) had a long history of cozying up with the Provos, Hamas and Hezbollah to name a few. In fact, virtually anyone with an anti-uk or anti western agenda was on his party invite list.

Treason might be the wrong word. C*** certainly isn't

I see you've arrived in full uniform. ;) Hope you're well.

To be fair, the Hamas friends thing was a bit silly, no one blinked when Trump called Xi or Jong Un his best fwend, the Provo's one... well the govt already had backchannels with them as you know, and I can't remember what happened with hizbullah but it was probably riveting.

He was quite a unionist as I showed to srb and was opposed to scot indy. Not completely anti-UK then..

But more importantly he didn't really hide his leftism.

Oh and one more thing.. the Tories have a long history of cosying up to Unionist Paramilitaries and other terrorists and dictators like Pinochet and countless others - and an ultra-right Israeli govt under Netanyahu who just recently had a justice minister who called for every single Palestinian kid to be killed, Ayelet Shaked was her name. Don't you think that outmatches any Hamas rhetoric?

But heck, if you want a better kick in the teeth than anything Corbo said or did try this on for size...

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/comments/e3e2wj/boris_johnson_said_fk_the_families_of_the_772005/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

You can call Corbo your desired name.

+++