Migrant crossings: What happens to migrants who reach the UK?

Started by GBNews, August 20, 2020, 01:03:04 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 20, 2020, 11:07:32 PM

Pappy won't tell you. I don't like to say this but sometimes I don't think he knows how to have fun.

Won't tell you what?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 20, 2020, 06:13:32 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on August 20, 2020, 03:37:53 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on August 20, 2020, 01:09:39 PM

I notice at long last there is an aircraft being used to patrol the entire  Channel coast, in order to spot illegal immigrant boats.
Several decades overdue but better late than never.
On another forum I frequent, the racist far right presence is quite prominent. They'd be happy to see the plane machine gunning the migrant boats "as a deterrent". As far as I can tell, this forum seems less tolerant of such types. Thankfully. Which forum I prefer depends very much upon my mood at that moment and upon who has posted what and where.

I tire on the other one of all the endless threads about black this and white that and muslim the other. Some of them - eg Wiggles - appear to be obnoxious refugees banned from this site.

Which forum is that. I must join ...
It would probably be right up your street. I would post a link but I don't know if posting links to rival forums is frowned upon here.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 20, 2020, 06:13:32 PM

I notice at long last there is an aircraft being used to patrol the entire  Channel coast, in order to spot illegal immigrant boats.
On another forum I frequent, the racist far right presence is quite prominent. They'd be happy to see the plane machine gunning the migrant boats "as a deterrent". As far as I can tell, this forum seems less tolerant of such types. Thankfully. Which forum I prefer depends very much upon my mood at that moment and upon who has posted what and where.

I tire on the other one of all the endless threads about black this and white that and muslim the other. Some of them - eg Wiggles - appear to be obnoxious refugees banned from this site.

Pappy won't tell you. I don't like to say this but sometimes I don't think he knows how to have fun.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: News on August 20, 2020, 01:03:04 PM

The government wants to cut the number of migrants crossing the Channel.

Source: Migrant crossings: What happens to migrants who reach the UK?

I suspect the majority just disappear into the general population.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GBNews

The government wants to cut the number of migrants crossing the Channel.

Source: Migrant crossings: What happens to migrants who reach the UK?