Time-wasting UK makes post-Brexit deal unlikely, says Barnier

Started by Dynamis, August 26, 2020, 08:09:43 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:39:08 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 03:36:13 PM

He only did what I did and no doubt millions of others. He wrote 2 letters in order to clarify in his own head what he wanted. Who is to blame him if that decision was coloured by future prospects? Just because he is a politician it doesn't stop him being as human as anyone else. I certainly drafted 2 lists of pros and cons and took time to decide. At least he did decide and not simply follow doctrine.

pappy is one to talk toots. On our old forum he was deadly against freedom of movemet for years , a key ingredient of eu membership , one of the four freedoms that would never have been reformed. Pappy is very very quiet about that while throwing mud at johnson.

If the tories came out for the eu , pappy would then change his mind and become eurosceptic.

Thomas you really do have a wicked streak. Leave sleeping dogs lie!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 03:36:13 PM

He only did what I did and no doubt millions of others. He wrote 2 letters in order to clarify in his own head what he wanted. Who is to blame him if that decision was coloured by future prospects? Just because he is a politician it doesn't stop him being as human as anyone else. I certainly drafted 2 lists of pros and cons and took time to decide. At least he did decide and not simply follow doctrine.

pappy is one to talk toots. On our old forum he was deadly against freedom of movemet for years , a key ingredient of eu membership , one of the four freedoms that would never have been reformed. Pappy is very very quiet about that while throwing mud at johnson.

If the tories came out for the eu , pappy would then change his mind and become eurosceptic.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:03:30 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2020, 02:48:51 PM

But Boris did want to remain and changed his mind at the last minute.

So in other words johnson realised the way the euroscpetic wind was blowing in england , and jumped aboard to get elected.

Masterfull politics pappy.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:03:30 PM

So in other words johnson realised the way the euroscpetic wind was blowing in england , and jumped aboard to get elected.

What are they going to do, hope Boris who has been rather bullish towards the EU folds his hand and in comes another Mrs May. With we need to take another approach, I don't think so, listening to some of the old school Tories on here they have written him off already. I wouldn't bet on it, they know the next time they let us down, there is no going back. On the amusing side that post was number 666. Quick move it into conspiracy theories.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 12:52:55 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 05, 2020, 12:45:58 AMNot really the point.

Cameron was a secret Brexiter and as PM, de facto head of In (abusing his power as he did in the AV ref and Scot indyref), IMHO he fluffed the campaign on purpose, even Bojo said so in 2016. He was ultra euroskeptic for years. The In campaign was a fail compared to the No campaign and the status quo campaign in 2011.
At least he knew what he was, Johnson had 2 letters pened, one supporting remain and the other brexit. He blows with the wind.

Another statement you can't back up.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 05, 2020, 12:16:10 AM
Call me Dave.

Oh yes he did big time. In fact I'm not even sure he knew there was a campaign, he was so sure he would walk it.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 12:52:55 AM

Cameron was a secret Brexiter and as PM, de facto head of In (abusing his power as he did in the AV ref and Scot indyref), IMHO he fluffed the campaign on purpose, even Bojo said so in 2016. He was ultra euroskeptic for years. The In campaign was a fail compared to the No campaign and the status quo campaign in 2011.
At least he knew what he was, Johnson had 2 letters pened, one supporting remain and the other brexit. He blows with the wind.

Boris knows what he is - a neoliberal charlatan like Blair, Brown, Cameron, all of them, all the same crap in different shades of blue. They're as thick as richmond pork sausages imho and not to be taken any notice of. Dumber than gerbils..

Brexit is neutral - had we a decent govt, they'd come to an equitable arrangement with the EU. That's the truth.

I like the EU but I don't want countries like ours holding it back, that's selfish - like Tory Remainers who blame the EU for everything then turn around and say how great it is.

Maybe now you understand my position a little bit better?
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on September 04, 2020, 02:09:05 PM, I just want a better understand of whats going on.

..Even our govt struggles with that one.  ;) It's best not to understand illogical repetition and madness it will send you round the swerve..

+++

GerryT

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Baff on September 05, 2020, 12:19:29 AM
Every Remain campaigner fluffed that one.

Not really the point.

+++

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 05, 2020, 12:37:41 AMThe cost of Brexit today is 100b?

ROFLLMAO.

I'll leave you to dwell on that on your own

Well it was at 130b at the start of this yr, and going up, prob at 150b or more. That's not taking account of covid, but that's hitting everyone.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-10/-170-billion-and-counting-the-cost-of-brexit-for-the-u-k

I bet your going to poo poo Bloomberg now, bet their remainers also.

Baff

The cost of Brexit today is 100b?

ROFLLMAO.

I'll leave you to dwell on that on your own.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 04, 2020, 09:29:11 PMWhich is why they have failed to make very many deals.
And will continue to fail to make many deals.

Their problem is they are too large with too many conflicting interests internally.
Is there a country on the planet with trade deals with more countries than the EU, I very much doubt it.