Time-wasting UK makes post-Brexit deal unlikely, says Barnier

Started by Dynamis, August 26, 2020, 08:09:43 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 01:19:37 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 01:10:12 PM

yes you do, because he knows the SNP are making a full meal of it and he needs to get Brexit done first, which the SNP think now is their moment. Before brexit is done, because if we make a success of it, the SNP wil have lost the moment. It is only politics.

ahh i see. That old trope popping up again , lost the moment? ;D

I think boris isnt really the brightest though when you think about it.

Cameron was much more brighter dont you think?

Back in 2014 , he told us england subsidises scotland , and i wll give you a referendum in the process to prove it.

Thats made us jocks think "could this be true?" Are we getting a good deal?

Now?

Johnsons no referendum policy to scotland only confirms what the snp have been saying , scotland subsidises england and johnson is too cowardly for england to stand on her own two feet without scotland money , and the scottish public see this hence the 54/55% yes to independence. ;D
Anyway my point still stands, if it is about making a better future for the Scots which I think it is for you and not just anti-English nonsense or relying on the Westminster bubble to feck up, make sure you can do it and not just SNP rhetoric. Like the last time when you would have all ended up in the poor house.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 01:10:12 PM

yes you do, because he knows the SNP are making a full meal of it and he needs to get Brexit done first, which the SNP think now is their moment. Before brexit is done, because if we make a success of it, the SNP wil have lost the moment. It is only politics.

ahh i see. That old trope popping up again , lost the moment? ;D

I think boris isnt really the brightest though when you think about it.

Cameron was much more brighter dont you think?

Back in 2014 , he told us england subsidises scotland , and i wll give you a referendum in the process to prove it.

Thats made us jocks think "could this be true?" Are we getting a good deal?

Now?

Johnsons no referendum policy to scotland only confirms what the snp have been saying , scotland subsidises england and johnson is too cowardly for england to stand on her own two feet without scotland money , and the scottish public see this hence the 54/55% yes to independence. ;D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 12:58:48 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:50:48 PM

I didn't say me, I said the Scots,

We showed them , and this is the result.....

QuoteShould Scotland be an independent country? (Savanta ComRes)

Yes 54%
No 46%

;D

For some reason the cowardly boris johnson and his party dont want us having a referendum. can't think why  :D

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on August 29, 2020, 12:58:12 PM
We did choose. And every Scotsman had the same equal voice in it as anyone else did.
The UK is somewhat bigger than just Scotland.

If the Scots wish to join the EU, that is matter between the Scots and the EU.

The uk isnt a single country , it is a multi national state of different countires held together by "consent".

Or should we rehold the eu referendum and give every european a vote , and when 450 million europeans vote against 55 million english leaving  , tell you its democracy and the eu isnt just about "little england"?

No thought not.

:D

completely agree , and it will be .First of al though we have to enact democracy and let you leave.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:50:48 PM

We showed them , and this is the result.....

QuoteShould Scotland be an independent country? (Savanta ComRes)

Yes 54%
No 46%

;D

For some reason the cowardly boris johnson and his party dont want us having a referendum. Cant think why  :D

Baff

We did choose. And every Scotsman had the same equal voice in it as anyone else did.
The UK is somewhat bigger than just Scotland.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 12:48:28 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:42:28 PM

No I didn't, I never said any such thing. the only thing I said, was you need to show the Scots how you will pay for it in this big wide world. Which as it happens at the time, your leaders came out with oil, which then crashed and would have seen you all in the poor house. Oh and a few posters stating Rab C and his missus would vote for independence.

We dont need to show you anything sheeps. You dont have a vote or a say on the matter.

We are however showing our fellow scots how we pay for things.

while laughing at the tories unionist gers figures...

Quote£65.9bn was raised in Scotland last year and sent to Westminster who sent back approximately £32bn as our "block grant" which means they held onto almost £34bn then told us we owe them £15bn as our overspend?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:42:28 PM

No I didn't, I never said any such thing. the only thing I said, was you need to show the Scots how you will pay for it in this big wide world. Which as it happens at the time, your leaders came out with oil, which then crashed and would have seen you all in the poor house. Oh and a few posters stating Rab C and his missus would vote for independence.

We dont need to show you anything sheeps. You dont have a vote or a say on the matter.

We are however showing our fellow scots how we pay for things.

while laughing at the tories unionist gers figures...

Quote£65.9bn was raised in Scotland last year and sent to Westminster who sent back approximately £32bn as our "block grant" which means they held onto almost £34bn then told us we owe them £15bn as our overspend?

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 12:36:03 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:32:57 PM

Not by running around telling everyone it is the English stopping your independence, as far as I know we fought for last referendum, which we agreed we would.

You told scotland in the last referendum that to stay in the eu , we had to vote to stay in the uk. Then promptly did a u turn two years later , and said suck it up jock , england is taking you out the eu.

Did that little bit of info slip your mind?

I can assure you it hasnt slipped ours.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:32:57 PM

Not by running around telling everyone it is the English stopping your independence, as far as I know we fought for last referendum, which we agreed we would.

You told scotland in the last referendum that to stay in the eu , we had to vote to stay in the uk. Then promptly did a u turn two years later , and said suck it up jock , england is taking you out the eu.

Did that little bit of info slip your mind?

I can assure you it hasnt slipped ours.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 12:26:59 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:17:42 PM

Like I said, I am not saying I disbelieve you, it is one of those wait and see things, it depends on an awful lot of things aligning in your favour and I am not so sure they will. Which of course you are.

Im not relying on anything.

You on the other hand are completely relying on boris johnson and his conservative party continually saying no to scotland over a section 30 order for anther indyref , and keeping the disunited kingdom together by holding scotland "captive".

LMFAO.

Lets wait and see how long that strategy survives. Of course it worked in every other 62 countries around the world whom england told them that they couldnt leave their empire. :D
I think you have it wrong, I am not relying on anything, I just look at it with a common sense approach, it matters to you, not to me. If the scots are convinced the Eu is the next great step for them, then good luck to you all. As long as it is done by democratic means and with a nation that is aware of the pitfalls as well as the ups. Not by running around telling everyone it is the English stopping your independence, as far as I know we fought for last referendum so you had the choice, which we agreed we would.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:17:42 PM

Like I said, I am not saying I disbelieve you, it is one of those wait and see things, it depends on an awful lot of things aligning in your favour and I am not so sure they will. Which of course you are.

Im not relying on anything.

You on the other hand are completely relying on boris johnson and his conservative party continually saying no to scotland over a section 30 order for anther indyref , and keeping the disunited kingdom together by holding scotland "captive".

LMFAO.

Lets wait and see how long that strategy survives. Of course it worked in every other 62 countries around the world whom england told them that they couldnt leave their empire. :D

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on August 29, 2020, 12:14:21 PM

But you do accept that Nigel Farage said exactly the same thing as Gerry - "in a 48/52 split, this would be unfinished business by a long way" as I recall.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

...and whats wrong with that?

I dont like or vote for farage , but what are you suggesting here?

Nigel farage didnt say 52% wasnt an acceptable majority , therefore the result shouldnt stand.

He was saying that he would continue to fight  if he narrowly lost , which is perfectly reasonable and acceptable.

He wasnt saying 52% isnt a majority , or the result shouldnt be implemented unlike the anti democratic remainers in england who cant accept democracy when it goes against him , so its a pretty weak point you are making dynamis.

You carry on fighting , but the result has to be implemented first which is all i have ever said from day one.

I havent seen one single person say remainers cant voice and opinion , but whenfolk like gerry talk shite about 52% not being a large enough majority ( with the inferrence the result shouldnt be implemented) then i will call him out.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 29, 2020, 12:15:05 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:09:47 PM

I am not trying to tell you anything Thomas, I am just mulling over the different options, I also know how polls are skewed at most times for political beliefs at any one time, just taking a common sense view of it all really.

what polls? Do you believe someone went around the scottish public during the brexit referendum and forced them to vote to stay in the eu with a gun to their heads?

The vast difference between us is either side of the border , we have had different historical and cultural relationships to europe. You have been at war with them pretty much non stop , while we havent , we have been friends with them.

The concept of european citizenship as i have mentioned many a time is nothing new to scotland.

We i nscotland had automatic right for french citizenship for centuries till 1902 , just before the first world war when your government went bleating to the french during the entente cordiale , and asked them to rescind it.

The scots and english just dont have the same view on europe , its as simple as that. Scotland was pro EU long before the snp came to power.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 29, 2020, 12:09:47 PM

I am not trying to tell you anything Thomas, I am just mulling over the different options, I also know how polls are skewed at most times for political beliefs at any one time, just taking a common sense view of it all really.

what polls? Do you believe someone went around the scottish public during the brexit referendum and forced them to vote to stay in the eu with a gun to their heads?

The vast difference between us is either side of the border , we have had different historical and cultural relationships to europe. You have been at war with them pretty much non stop , while we havent , we have been friends with them.

The concept of european citizenship as i have mentioned many a time is nothing new to scotland.

We i nscotland had automatic right for french citizenship for centuries till 1902 , just before the first world war when your government went bleating to the french during the entente cordiale , and asked them to rescind it.

The scots and english just dont have the same view on europe , its as simple as that. Scotland was pro EU long before the snp came to power.