Analysis: Why have there been so many U-turns?

Started by GBNews, August 28, 2020, 01:00:25 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on August 28, 2020, 02:06:03 PM
There is plenty of evidence that there is no political party that can be fairly described as guilt free. Perhaps it is something to do with them being made up of human beings most of whom have faults. I am of the mind at present that for the sake of the preservation of this country we have a chance to support rather than decry every move. We have no elections for another 4 or so years, we waste energy and good will by not pulling our weight behind them for the good of all.
Well surely you never expected the Neo Liberals and other assorted politicos to stick to their word they would accept a democratic decision that doesn't go by their minority ideas. They still think they can grind us down, never going to happen, of course. but then honest they ain't. Welcome back toots.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on August 28, 2020, 02:06:03 PM
There is plenty of evidence that there is no political party that can be fairly described as guilt free.

The Tories are well ahead in that competition.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

There is plenty of evidence that there is no political party that can be fairly described as guilt free. Perhaps it is something to do with them being made up of human beings most of whom have faults. I am of the mind at present that for the sake of the preservation of this country we have a chance to support rather than decry every move. We have no elections for another 4 or so years, we waste energy and good will by not pulling our weight behind them for the good of all.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on August 28, 2020, 01:58:40 PM
It suits those only prepared to see the negatives to invest in anything that will bring the government into disrepute.

The Tory government needs no outside assistance to bring it in to disrepute, it is very successful at doing that to itself.

T00ts

It's one thing to U turn because government is in disarray, it's another to be prepared to change tack because situations change. No matter what plans might have been drawn up way back at the last election the arrival of Covid19 threw everything up in the air. It will impact us for many months yet including our hopes for Brexit. 

Never being prepared to u-turn simply because it might be a sign of strength is senseless in these times, and in this case is a signal that this government is thinking on it's feet in an effort to stay abreast of the changing situation. It suits those only prepared to see the negatives to invest in anything that will bring the government into disrepute.

papasmurf

There have been so many U-turns because the government gets so many things wrong.

GBNews

Analysis: Why have there been so many U-turns?

There is some disquiet among Tory MPs - but there is evidence the public views a change of direction with sympathy.

Source: Analysis: Why have there been so many U-turns?