Poor Whites in the Caribbean

Started by Dynamis, August 29, 2020, 12:22:26 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on August 31, 2020, 03:59:48 PMIr you can donate the land to the good folks of Essex, the centre of the peasants revolt!

As whatsisface says in carry on.. "The peasants, they're revolting!"

LOL

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 31, 2020, 12:38:29 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 31, 2020, 11:28:15 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 31, 2020, 11:00:36 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 31, 2020, 10:26:51 AM

But they're not are they? Their great great grandchildren are still very much alive, even true for poor whites in the caribbean..

Yes they are , dead that is . 

We all have Great Great Grandfathers that suffered at the hands of governments or the actions of other nations  . As I keep saying , that was the history of man .

So for the third time who are we going to help and how ?

Their g-g-grandchildren as I said.

Well, not sponsoring/supporting or fighting in foreign wars would be a start, you know, like how we are selling arms to the Saudis to blow up Yemeni hospitals.

That might be helpful.

There will be many in the que ,including me if we are going to get pay outs for our g grandfathers injustices .

But yes I would agree that partaking in wars in the middle east has been an own goal for the UK and a bit of a disaster for the Middle east as a whole

I dont for one minute get the troubles and wars in the Middle east (I dont think anyone does ) other than the tribes and different religious factions  have been at it for ever . Its far more complicated than the Saudis blow up Yemini hospitals . More like Saudi led coalition supported by the government of Yemen blow up hospital used by Iran backed opposition to Yemen Government .

Some would call them terrorists some the other side in a civil war . But its to more complicated than that with western governments helping different tribes/ regions /nations at different times to suit the benefits of the day .

👍

Quote from: T00ts on August 31, 2020, 12:47:24 PM
If we are honest surely we all look back through the history books and cringe at what was considered normal then. Not just abroad but here on our doorstep. For example it isn't that long ago that women were considered inferior to the point that we didn't have souls - let alone intelligent thought, and this from a nation that was and still is considered forward thinking and educated.

We learn as time goes on. We correct our understanding and our actions, not because of what happened then but because we understand the repercussions of those times. However in just the same way those  that we, as we understand now, mistreated, were also learning and still are, but we are not directly responsible for what happened then and no matter what redress we might offer it will never change anything or ever be enough, especially to those who are now making it a means to an end with their own agenda. How many generations should we recompense before it becomes enough? Each new generation will claim the same if they will. 100 years on what is to say that the privileged white will not look at how they are defined now and demand redress for the stigma that is so carefully being laid on them.
After all I could start a movement to reinstate the fortunes of those women who were left poor because of the male inheritance laws. I am sure somewhere along the line my maternal ancestors were swindled and I have suffered as a result. After all my line was donated land in Essex by William the Conqueror. Now Essex can stay where it is but certainly I am entitled there somewhere! ;D

Time for common sense yet again.

Ir you can donate the land to the good folks of Essex, the centre of the peasants revolt!

As whatsisface says in carry on.. "The peasants, they're revolting!"
+++

T00ts

If we are honest surely we all look back through the history books and cringe at what was considered normal then. Not just abroad but here on our doorstep. For example it isn't that long ago that women were considered inferior to the point that we didn't have souls - let alone intelligent thought, and this from a nation that was and still is considered forward thinking and educated.

We learn as time goes on. We correct our understanding and our actions, not because of what happened then but because we understand the repercussions of those times. However in just the same way those  that we, as we understand now, mistreated, were also learning and still are, but we are not directly responsible for what happened then and no matter what redress we might offer it will never change anything or ever be enough, especially to those who are now making it a means to an end with their own agenda. How many generations should we recompense before it becomes enough? Each new generation will claim the same if they will. 100 years on what is to say that the privileged white will not look at how they are defined now and demand redress for the stigma that is so carefully being laid on them.
After all I could start a movement to reinstate the fortunes of those women who were left poor because of the male inheritance laws. I am sure somewhere along the line my maternal ancestors were swindled and I have suffered as a result. After all my line was donated land in Essex by William the Conqueror. Now Essex can stay where it is but certainly I am entitled there somewhere! ;D

Time for common sense yet again.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Dynamis on August 31, 2020, 11:28:15 AM

But they're not are they? Their great great grandchildren are still very much alive, even true for poor whites in the caribbean..

We all have Great Great Grandfathers that suffered at the hands of governments or the actions of other nations  . As I keep saying , that was the history of man .

Well, not sponsoring/supporting or fighting in foreign wars would be a start, you know, like how we are selling arms to the Saudis to blow up Yemeni hospitals.

That might be helpful.

There will be many in the que ,including me if we are going to get pay outs for our g grandfathers injustices .

But yes I would agree that partaking in wars in the middle east has been an own goal for the UK and a bit of a disaster for the Middle east as a whole

I dont for one minute get the troubles and wars in the Middle east (I dont think anyone does ) other than the tribes and different religious factions  have been at it for ever . Its far more complicated than the Saudis blow up Yemini hospitals . More like Saudi led coalition supported by the government of Yemen blow up hospital used by Iran backed opposition to Yemen Government .

Some would call them terrorists some the other side in a civil war . But its to more complicated than that with western governments helping different tribes/ regions /nations at different times to suit the benefits of the day .

Borg Refinery

That might be helpful.
+++

Streetwalker

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2020, 10:49:05 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 30, 2020, 08:12:28 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2020, 07:22:50 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on August 30, 2020, 05:35:59 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2020, 04:55:23 PMColonialism though wasn't all bad though

..Really?

And what were these wonderful benefits of colonialism?

I mean even for White British free men and women btw. Fighting war after war to secure 'our' possessions? Being repeatedly attacked by the French - being invaded again and again and having our whole people subjected?

Remember, there were times when we suffered as badly as anyone else.

I'll bet if you asked the English who suffered back then what they thought of colonialism, they'd say it's a bit crap.

Yes really

As European countries opened up trade routes around the world they of course protected their investments ,built infrastructure and created stable nations which would later become democracies . Law and order was installed as was in England's case the protection of the Crown and cricket lessons .

Im not saying life in those times was a bed of roses but it wasnt the Horror story some would have us believe . And yes I agree with you those times were as bad for the people of the colonisers as they were for those being colonised . Maybe you should read all of my post .

I read all of your post and picked out the part I didn't agree with, to see what your response would be.

It's pretty much below your usual standard, where you make a proper attempt to defend your position.

Sorry but India (for example) had a highly developed school system znd high economic putput (one of the top exporters) before Britain invaded and 'made things better'

China had all that except at one point not long before Britain set its sights on them, it was no. 1

And Scotland before it was forced by thr parcel of rogues into the acts of union was in a far, far better position.

I can back all that up with details if you want, but I'm hoping you'll show me some real benefits of colonialism and not just vagaries zbout cricket and law and order (LOL! As if they had no way of policing themselves prior, that's one of the most ludicrous claims I've seen wrt colonialism).

I would agree  that India in  was well developed and Colonisation for them was no blessing . Having said that they owe much of their democracy  and Governmental functions to the institutions put in place during British rule .

Yeah and look how well that went. Mass slaughters in partition, most people don't know that Gandhi had heavy fascist sympathies btw, then Indira Gandhi later engaged in mass sterilization etc.

Now it's Modi with his RSS 'cow protector' militias killing people for having cows! And disenfranchizing and oppressing milliobs of Muslims. That's 'law and order' and govt.

QuoteBut you are moving away from my point that it was as harsh for the people of Britain during that period as it was for the colonies . It was the way of the world ,a history we have evolved from into a better place for all and though brutal at times Colonialism played its part in that . 

I stated qi agree with all of that, but that doesn't mean colonialism had great effects. qmaybe those advancements would've been faster in countries that weren't invaded?

QuoteYour opening post was with regard to the people that suffered under colonialism and how we should be helping them ,again I ask who  because as far as I know those that suffered are dead ?

+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Dynamis on August 30, 2020, 08:12:28 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 30, 2020, 04:55:23 PMColonialism though wasn't all bad though

..Really?

I mean even for White British free men and women btw. Fighting war after war to secure 'our' possessions? Being repeatedly attacked by the French - being invaded again and again and having our whole people subjected?

I'll bet if you asked the English who suffered back then what they thought of colonialism, they'd say it's a bit crap.

Yes really

As European countries opened up trade routes around the world they of course protected their investments ,built infrastructure and created stable nations which would later become democracies . Law and order was installed as was in England's case the protection of the Crown and cricket lessons .

Im not saying life in those times was a bed of roses but it wasnt the Horror story some would have us believe . And yes I agree with you those times were as bad for the people of the colonisers as they were for those being colonised . Maybe you should read all of my post .

I read all of your post and picked out the part I didn't agree with, to see what your response would be.

It's pretty much below your usual standard, where you make a proper attempt to defend your position.

Sorry but India (for example) had a highly developed school system znd high economic putput (one of the top exporters) before Britain invaded and 'made things better'

China had all that except at one point not long before Britain set its sights on them, it was no. 1

And Scotland before it was forced by thr parcel of rogues into the acts of union was in a far, far better position.

I can back all that up with details if you want, but I'm hoping you'll show me some real benefits of colonialism and not just vagaries zbout cricket and law and order (LOL! As if they had no way of policing themselves prior, that's one of the most ludicrous claims I've seen wrt colonialism).

I would agree  that India in  was well developed and Colonisation for them was no blessing . Having said that they owe much of their democracy  and Governmental functions to the institutions put in place during British rule .

But you are moving away from my point that it was as harsh for the people of Britain during that period as it was for the colonies . It was the way of the world ,a history we have evolved from into a better place for all and though brutal at times Colonialism played its part in that . 

Your opening post was with regard to the people that suffered under colonialism and how we should be helping them ,again I ask who  because as far as I know those that suffered are dead ?

Borg Refinery

..Really?

Yes really

+++

Streetwalker

..Really?

Yes really

Borg Refinery

..Really?

+++

Streetwalker

Indeed people of all races have suffered through slavery throughout the history of mankind .   

Colonialism though wasn't all bad though and those that did suffer from it (yes there was some terrible stuff going on ) are long gone . So who exactly are we going to help overcome the consequences of it ?

I would add that the conditions in the colonies were little different to those in the poverty ridden parts of Britain . Indeed many Brits to escape their miserable lives sold themselves  to the colonial landowners and were often valued worse than the black slaves .

Equality and justice is important for all people and I guess my point is that it is the poor that have suffered over the years and found the most inequality . Not because of colour  as the Irish will testify but because of  wealth .

Borg Refinery

https://irishamerica.com/2015/10/the-irish-of-barbados-photos/

I found this article quite moving.

IMHO it shows whites and blacks have suffered enormously under colonialism; and that people deserve to be helped overcome the consequences of it regardless of creed or whatever else.

World lives matter, and I feel more could be done instead of leaving them to suffer such a horrible fate. How can people let the poor guy with cancer on his face suffer so much? It's inhumane. And ditto throughout the 3rd world for every poor black, white and everyone else.

So many people want to deny that people have suffered under colonialism, or that blacks in the USA have it worse than whites. I'll bet if black empires had ruled the world instead, many people would be denying that white people are suffering in any way and it would be people like me defending the right of white people to have equality and justice. That's how I see it.
+++