Some Good News Bercow has gone

Started by Churchill, October 31, 2019, 09:02:31 PM

« previous - next »

Churchill

Quote from: T00ts post_id=4077 time=1572945492 user_id=54
It was interesting that not one candidate had a positive comment on Bercow during their candidate speeches, but there were slights galore, if muted.

It is lucky for Hoyle that he will start afresh with a new parliament and if he's really lucky the electorate will have weeded out the worst offenders for him.

I agree it is not what was said but was not said about Bercow, I think Hoyle will be a good sensible honest Speaker and restore order in the House and faith in the Chair.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts post_id=4077 time=1572945492 user_id=54
It was interesting that not one candidate had a positive comment on Bercow during their candidate speeches, but there were slights galore, if muted.

It is lucky for Hoyle that he will start afresh with a new parliament and if he's really lucky the electorate will have weeded out the worst offenders for him.

They had to distance themselves from him to get elected, that much is clear. It isn't about what they would 'like' to say.
+++

T00ts

Churchill

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=4042 time=1572921063 user_id=74
You mean he told them to cut the crap like Greg Dyke?

I be that was the reason. Bercow does not like bullshit. (eeek, bullying me, report report...)

Bercow was a bully and arrogant one at that he brought disgrace on the post of Speaker and the Commons in general , the Speaker is there to ensure the rules of the House are adhered to and to keep good order and  ensure that all MP's can have their say in a fair impartial manner both sides of the House front and back benches.

According to many members of the House he was not impartial as the role demands as laid down over many years, equal time for MP;s to express their opinions often did not take place, also good order was not always kept I think most people have seen the bad behaviour in the Commons over the last three years.

Some Labour MP's actually sang the Red Flag in the chamber, Bercow will now be elevated to the Lords which is traditional for Speakers when they step down, I do hope that is challenged it may not be with all the nonsense that has ben going on for the last 3 years, I think the new Speaker will deal with that
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Thomas

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=3997 time=1572901154 user_id=70
Hope he grows into the job to become as large a character as his predecessor — and at least he's not another of those annoying Scots Gnats...

Good to see we annoy you pat , made my day that has.

Maybe you could put us "annoying " scots up there with those annoying met policemen. :lol:

If i can get up those nostrils of yours once a day at least , i know im doing something right. :hattip
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=4042 time=1572921063 user_id=74

I be that was the reason. Bercow does not like bullshit. (eeek, bullying me, report report...)

I too liked Bercow and thought he tried his best, even if people decried some of his actions.

I like Hoyle as well and found his tribute to his late daughter quite touching. Good luck to him..he'll need it with that lot..
+++

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3820 time=1572858144 user_id=69

Some of the staff that did work for him also claim he is a bully one member of staff at least left becuase of his behaviour, bullying in the workplace is unlawful allegedly due to the power of his Office no investigation was carried out which is the norm if any other workplace.

Now he has gone an investigation may take place we will have to wait and see, some go as far as claiming his behaviour when in office was totally unacceptable both in the House and towards his staff, however being a politician I doubt if anything will be done or considered he will be given a peerage and stay on board the gravy train

<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Churchill

He already knows the post of Speaker he was already deputy Speaker

patman post

Hope he grows into the job to become as large a character as his predecessor — and at least he's not another of those annoying Scots Gnats...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Churchill

Nick

Looks like Lindsay Hoyle is going to get it. He's the guy that blocked 16 year olds getting the vote so that's fine with me.

The other remaining candidate is being backed by John McDonnell so that tells you something.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3920 time=1572889205 user_id=89
He is not standing at the general election.

Another english anti democratic remainer bites the dust.

:dncg:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=3911 time=1572886288 user_id=51
Saw someone suggesting Ken Clarke as speaker. So a rabid remainer who is 9 years past his best before date? I don't think so.

He is not standing at the general election.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Saw someone suggesting Ken Clarke as speaker. So a rabid remainer who is 9 years past his best before date? I don't think so.
† The end is nigh †