Have I lost the plot?

Started by T00ts, August 31, 2020, 02:20:13 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on September 06, 2020, 10:37:25 PM
No one is losing access to EU markets.
Only facing tariffs.

Other markets are available.

The only thing changing is "who rules here".

And that is proving to be a bitter pill for some to swallow.

without a doubt baffy.

Beelbeeb is an unashamed anti democrat , who bitterly hates his own and supports johhny foreigner.

2016 was a bitter bitter pill for him and his ilk to swallow , and he hasnt ever recovered from it or accepted democracy.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 06, 2020, 09:43:25 PM

It's less spin that the DJ quote.

yet its a tacit admission of a certain amount of spin , something you are constantly bleating about brexiters doing while remaining blind to your own sides lies.
Do the Spanish have a large fishing fleet? Yes.

They can have the largest sailing fleet in the world for all anyone cares , it means nothing if you dont have the waters to fish in. A large part if not the majority of the spanish catch is outside their own waters.......they rely on agreements to fish other people territory.

You are merely proving how lack of any agreement will damage eu nations like spain badly.

QuoteAt best no-deal brexit will be a Pyrrhic victory for the UK fishing industry.  Sad times for the scottish fishermen,

You just spent the last four years or more arguing , and failing to win the arguments , over the eu and economy.

16 weeks from hard brexit , you carry on with the same losing tactics.

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on September 06, 2020, 10:37:25 PM
Only facing tariffs.

Quite.

Which is why so many voted Brexit.

As to the negotiations, they appear to hinge on fishing rights.

In terms of GDP the Scottish fishing industry is worth about a penny out of every five pounds a Scot earns. So there may be lots of social and political reasons for an independent Scotland to rejoin the EU, but the spoondollies ain't one of them.In fact about fifty years ago our crafty Caledonian chums twigged that rather charging across the oceans and risk drowning, it was easier and smarter to set up fish farms around the coast. As a result one third of Scottish fish is currently farmed and at the glacial rate talks with the EU progress, by the time quotas are agreed there won't be any wild fishing to have quotas about.
Algerie Francais !

Baff

Only facing tariffs.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Thomas on September 06, 2020, 06:53:17 PMSo what you are saying is the spainsh then are massively over represented . Even portugal has a larger eez than spain.

Spains main catch s coming in from north east atlantic , and east central atalantic , most of which isnt in any way their waters.

Looks like the spanish are going  to suffer badly in terms of fishing rights.

Quote (selected)
it catches less in the NE Atlantic (the UK "patch") than Denmark and the UK.

it still makes up over a third of the spanish catch. Nice try at spin yet again beelbeeb.
It's less spin that the DJ quote.

It's pure facts. 

Do the Spanish have a large fishing fleet? Yes.

But over 1/3 of what they catch is totally outside EU waters.  The UK's EU membership did not stand in the way of any UK fishermen doing the same.

When it comes to the waters around the UK, they are the 5th largest catch behind Denmark, UK, France and the Netherlands.

You could argue (on a EEZ basis) that Spanish boats shouldn't be fishing in the N. Sea, but the NE Atlantic zone is mostly international waters (i.e. outside the EEZ of any nation) as is the CE Atlantic zone (which the have some claim over due to the canaries)

Losing access to the UK EEZ will hurt European fleets, but losing access to EU27 EEZs for fishing will hurt the UK and losing access to the EU27 markets will hurt even more.

At best no-deal brexit will be a Pyrrhic victory for the UK fishing industry.  Sad times for the scottish fishermen,

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 06, 2020, 07:32:04 PM

I can accept that.

But in my defence, I only ever voted Lab twice in my life - once in a London mayor election and once in 2019.

All the other Lab admins I found unvoteable, also I'm not and never have been part of Momentum if that's what you're thinking

no not at all.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 06, 2020, 07:22:23 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 06, 2020, 07:15:42 PM

" I blame successive Labour and Tory govts for ceding everything to them."

..in anticipation of that.

Harold Wilson IIRC also ceded Scot sovereignty in several areas. But I can't find any references quickly on the old google, but I'm sure you'll give me the benefit of the doubt.

im just making sure i even up the score.

Whatever the tories have done to scotland , leave yourself in no doubt the labour party are responsible for scotland remaining in this union more than we needed to.

If it wasnt for labour scotland would be an independent country today. You did the conservatives dirty work on the doorstep , while they supplied the funds .

Many scots have woken up to who our real enemy is .

I can accept that.

But in my defence, I only ever voted Lab twice in my life - once in a London mayor election and once in 2019.

All the other Lab admins I found unvoteable, also I'm not and never have been part of Momentum if that's what you're thinking
+++

Thomas

Harold Wilson IIRC also ceded Scot sovereignty in several areas. But I can't find any references quickly on the old google, but I'm sure you'll give me the benefit of the doubt.

sorry dyno not with you here at all.

Thomas

im just making sure i even up the score.

Whatever the tories have done to scotland , leave yourself in no doubt the labour party are responsible for scotland remaining in this union more than we needed to.

If it wasnt for labour scotland would be an independent country today. You did the conservatives dirty work on the doorstep , while they supplied the funds .

Many scots have woken up to who our real enemy is .

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 06, 2020, 07:05:36 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 06, 2020, 06:52:32 PM

Simply disgusting, another time another Tory.

sorry mate tony blair and the labour party dont get off tht lightly with your tory jibe....

Former Ambassador reveals Labour role in annexation of Scottish waters

QuoteA former United Kingdom Ambassador has reveled how Tony Blair's Labour Government secretly connived with Whitehall officials in order to transfer a huge area of Scottish Territorial waters – containing oil fields – into English ownership.

Craig Murray, who is the UK's former Ambassador to Uzbekistan, has explained how in 1999 the then Labour Government secretly reclassified 6000 square miles of Scottish sea as English waters.

https://newsnet.scot/archive/former-ambassador-reveals-labour-role-in-annexation-of-scottish-waters/

+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 06, 2020, 07:03:44 PM
. Are you in favour of rejoining the EU not if but when you get indy?

Honest honest answer?

I couldnt give a feck.

I was mildly pro EU befoire the referendum , but listening to anti democrats like beelbeeb and others has sickened me to the core of my feckin being

Thomas

Simply disgusting, another time another Tory.

sorry mate tony blair and the labour party dont get off tht lightly with your tory jibe....

Former Ambassador reveals Labour role in annexation of Scottish waters

QuoteA former United Kingdom Ambassador has reveled how Tony Blair's Labour Government secretly connived with Whitehall officials in order to transfer a huge area of Scottish Territorial waters – containing oil fields – into English ownership.

Craig Murray, who is the UK's former Ambassador to Uzbekistan, has explained how in 1999 the then Labour Government secretly reclassified 6000 square miles of Scottish sea as English waters.

https://newsnet.scot/archive/former-ambassador-reveals-labour-role-in-annexation-of-scottish-waters/

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 06, 2020, 06:55:39 PM

I don't blame the EU for that, I blame successive Labour and Tory govts for ceding everything to them.

I do. I part blame the EEC as it was.

Fair enough.

An indy Scotland rejoining the EU would have a lot of bargaining power - and as one of the sweeteners they may give you greater fishing rights. Are you in favour of rejoining the EU not if but when you get indy?

+++

Thomas

I don't blame the EU for that, I blame successive Labour and Tory govts for ceding everything to them.

I do. I part blame the EEC as it was.

No matter , whats done is done , and beelbeebs crocodile tears over fishermen he couldnt care less about except as a bargaining tool to keep us in the eu dont matter a feckin jot.

Thomas

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 06, 2020, 06:42:44 PM

Note that although the spanish fleet catches more than Denmark or the UK, it catches less in the NE Atlantic (the UK "patch") than Denmark and the UK.  It's lead is from catches in the med, Indian Ocean and South Atlantic 

Hardly treading on the UK's toes.

So what you are saying is the spainsh then are massively over represented . Even portugal has a larger eez than spain.

Spains main catch s coming in from north east atlantic , and east central atalantic , most of which isnt in any way their waters.

Looks like the spanish are going  to suffer badly in terms of fishing rights.

Quoteit catches less in the NE Atlantic (the UK "patch") than Denmark and the UK.

it still makes up over a third of the spanish catch. Nice try at spin yet again beelbeeb.