Main Menu

Rishi's Dinners?

Started by T00ts, August 31, 2020, 02:28:10 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

We didn't go out for a meal over August, however we did go to see Tenant at the cinema last week (quick side note the social distancing practices at the cinema were very good), and the complex the cinema is in is surrounded by restaurants either side, the queues out the door where huge both when we were entering and leaving the cinema, at least 50 people at each one. Presuming that was representative of an average night during the scheme then it must have helped restaurants out allot.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2020, 12:22:11 PM

Now come on ,you might think the bloke is an absolute arsehole

I do think he is an arsehole, and can't understand why  Wetherspoons stopped doing proper food. (Which locally did the places that do proper food a power of good.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on September 01, 2020, 11:27:31 AM
Quote from: johnofgwent on August 31, 2020, 03:04:07 PM
I was out on day two, having a half price wetherspoons pizza. I have taken advantage of it several times after that.
You wouldn't catch me in a Wetherspoons if they were paying me to eat their frigging pizzas. Tatty soulless places owned by an absolute arsehole.

The ones in Croydon are spot on . Good beer, lively and  cheap edible food . I think Ive mentioned before if Im out and about and in need of some nosebag a pint and a steak for £6 you cant go wrong .
I think they have stopped the steak deal though because of covid but have extended the Rishi theme with 'Stay out to help out ' where a pint and a burger or Pizza will set you back £5.29 .

Now come on ,you might think the bloke is an absolute arsehole but for that sort of money you can feed yourself and still have change out of a tenner for another pint to wash it down .
The guy by the way is a champion of the skint ,the saviour of  the downtrodden and the Saint of Im down to my last twenty . 

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 01, 2020, 11:27:31 AM
You wouldn't catch me in a Wetherspoons if they were paying me to eat their frigging pizzas. Tatty soulless places owned by an absolute arsehole.

Quite, I gave up my membership of Camra because if the glowing report they gave the Wetherspoons in Helston, which bore no relationship to the reality.

srb7677

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 31, 2020, 03:04:07 PM
I was out on day two, having a half price wetherspoons pizza. I have taken advantage of it several times after that.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

It was our Ruby wedding anniversary a couple of weeks back and what with the covid ,the holiday being cancelled and the big party Id planned not even getting a second thought we made the effort and went to the local Indian ,the first time we had been out since March  .

Nice grub as ever but when you have had  4 or was it 5 cobras washed down with 2 bottles of Sauvignon blanc  the tenner off the Chicken Madras doesn't seem to make a lot of difference .
It was good to see the guys again though and pleased they made it through the lockdown where their efforts in helping out did not go un noticed and were somewhat rewarded with the over generous tip left by a little drunk  and happy customer .

papasmurf

We have had several takeaways, but as I am still shielding, I can't see us eating out for a long time.

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

I haven't had the courage to dine out since my freedom day. Has anyone else taken advantage of Rishi's generosity? They say he has his eye on the top job perhaps he hopes those diners will remember his largesse with our taxes.