Main Menu

Long Covid

Started by BeElBeeBub, August 31, 2020, 09:44:20 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 10:23:03 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2020, 10:08:45 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 10:07:06 AM

For someone who constantly cries "Personal attack" you don't half give it out. You should think about that.

I did not make a personal attack, I was and am genuinely concerned about Toots welfare.

So constantly calling Boris Johnson a clown isn't a personal attack? Just because he isn't here to defend him self doesn't detract from the fact that you're constantly making personal remarks about people.

Come on Nick, you've made plenty of personal attacks on Corbyn.

As long as we don't attack each other what is the harm? They are all pomiticians and fair game for some slack, not really nasty twitter troll abuse - but yes they deserve some rough scrutiny I think.
+++

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 03, 2020, 11:56:23 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 10:58:36 AM
Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 03, 2020, 10:08:04 AM
I've never PERSONALLY met a Boer War veteran, an ebola patient or a shark attack victim.

However I am quite prepared to believe that the Boer War, Ebola and Shark attacks are all a thing.

Good for you. How this relates to my post I have no idea.

OK, taking you in good faith, would it be reasonable say your position is you believe in the existence of "long covid" despite you not having any personal experience?

I have no reason to think anyone on the board would tell lies so I would assume that it exists.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 10:58:36 AM
I've never PERSONALLY met a Boer War veteran, an ebola patient or a shark attack victim.

However I am quite prepared to believe that the Boer War, Ebola and Shark attacks are all a thing.

OK, taking you in good faith, would it be reasonable say your position is you believe in the existence of "long covid" despite you not having any personal experience?

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 09:47:02 AMI said I had PERSONALLY not seen 👁 any evidence. Where am I denying anything?

Maybe an overreach on my part, but a common refuge for poor thought is the 'an absence of personal experience' argument. For example it is often said by Flat Earthers that 'I'm not denying the world is round, but I have no personal experience of it being round' this is used across a range of bad arguments, from holocaust deniers to anti-vaxxers. It may just of happened that you were using what looked like a bad argument, but in good faith, in which case I'd be happy to be wrong.
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2020, 11:06:42 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 03, 2020, 10:53:30 AM

I think I might forego your concern if you don't mind in light of your comments in the other thread.

Childlike innocence in an adult concerns me.

Enough!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 03, 2020, 10:53:30 AM

I think I might forego your concern if you don't mind in light of your comments in the other thread.

Childlike innocence in an adult concerns me.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 09:47:02 AM
Quote from: Nalaar on September 03, 2020, 08:57:37 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2020, 08:28:14 PMI'm very much an evidence based person and have not personally seen any evidence of "fit" people being struck down with CV.

Do you not consider what Toots said to be evidence? Or is evidence only good enough when you personally witness it?

Do you actually read what people post or just jump on the first key word?

I said I had PERSONALLY not seen 👁 any evidence. Where am I denying anything?

T00ts

For someone who constantly cries "Personal attack" you don't half give it out. You should think about that.

I did not make a personal attack, I was and am genuinely concerned about Toots welfare.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 10:23:03 AM

So constantly calling Boris Johnson a clown isn't a personal attack?

He has been known as Bojo-The-Clown for years.  It isn't a personal attack, unlike the "Semtex Kid" who as far as I am aware has never been near any Semtex.

Nick

So constantly calling Boris Johnson a clown isn't a personal attack? Just because he isn't here to defend him self doesn't detract from the fact that you're constantly making personal remarks about people.

papasmurf

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2020, 09:47:02 AM
Quote from: Nalaar on September 03, 2020, 08:57:37 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 02, 2020, 08:28:14 PMI'm very much an evidence based person and have not personally seen any evidence of "fit" people being struck down with CV.

Do you not consider what Toots said to be evidence? Or is evidence only good enough when you personally witness it?

Do you actually read what people post or just jump on the first key word?

I said I had PERSONALLY not seen 👁 any evidence. Where am I denying anything?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2020, 10:00:29 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 03, 2020, 09:55:24 AM

I'm not sure that PMQs is a fair playing field and is just grandstanding for the cameras and a bun fight for the MPs. It's unfairly put forward as a show of leaders' strength. Starmer is a man carrying a huge ball and chain on each ankle and from his position it's the easiest thing in the world to complain/criticise. I haven't seen any evidence yet of original thought. Perhaps he's waiting for Christmas. :)

Toots, you worry me you really do, Bojo-The-Clown was extremely personally offensive to Starmer to the point I am puzzled the Speaker did not intervene.
In response Starmer ripped Bojo to shreds.

BeElBeeBub

I'm not sure that PMQs is a fair playing field and is just grandstanding for the cameras and a bun fight for the MPs. It's unfairly put forward as a show of leaders' strength. Starmer is a man carrying a huge ball and chain on each ankle and from his position it's the easiest thing in the world to complain/criticise. I haven't seen any evidence yet of original thought. Perhaps he's waiting for Christmas. :)
Wasn't BJ's strength supposed to be grandstanding for the cameras and having a bun fight?

papasmurf

Toots, you worry me you really do, Bojo-The-Clown was extremely personally offensive to Starmer to the point I am puzzled the Speaker did not intervene.
In response Starmer ripped Bojo to shreds.