Sir Ed Davey: Lib Dems key to ending Conservative rule

Started by GBNews, September 01, 2020, 01:18:46 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 02, 2020, 08:12:36 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 02, 2020, 08:05:36 AM

I will never easily trust the Lib Dems again.

Where I live is a Tory marginal with the Lib-Dems a close 2nd. So I don't have any choice but to vote Lib-Dem tactically.
I understand that completely.

Currently my constituency is held by that Tory arse Johnny Mercer, with Labour the main challengers. The Lib Dems are now in a very distant third place. So voting Labour has to be a no brainer for me until or unless the party becomes something I cannot support as happened with New Labour. Then I'd be looking for a protest vote only. But I'd prefer the Greens or some left wing no hoper to the Lib Dems who would be my protest vote of last resort if there were no other options. I would have already left the Labour party if it came to that.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 02, 2020, 08:05:36 AM

Where I live is a Tory marginal with the Lib-Dems a close 2nd. So I don't have any choice but to vote Lib-Dem tactically.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

It is a bit rich and a bit late for the Lib Dems to start claiming to be the key to ending Conservative rule now. When we lent our anti-Tory votes to them in the past, as soon as they had the numbers they used them to perpetuate Tory rule! And I was one of the mugs who voted for them in 2010 as an anti-Tory and anti-New Labour vote. I was like millions of others in that. I tend to capitalise what followed as the Great Betrayal of 2010.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

The liberals pissed so many people off they will never see the light of power again in my lifetime.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GBNews

Sir Ed Davey: Lib Dems key to ending Conservative rule

But the party's new leader says the first task is to "listen" and win back voters.

Source: Sir Ed Davey: Lib Dems key to ending Conservative rule