Mending things when you have no idea what you did.

Started by papasmurf, September 03, 2020, 09:33:00 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 03, 2020, 03:34:44 PM

I would put serious money on what you have done is actually hard reset it the old fashioned way.

That would not at all surprise me. (I always change the battery on such electronic gizmos outside so if it bursts in flames I can get clear quickly.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Like the Kindle Fire Stick those bloody things never actually ever "switch off" so there is always the chance of some hibernated setting you never set screwing you over every time it comes out of hibernation.

It is the same with my kindle e-reader, the "off" button is never "off" there is a dance you have to do to push buttons count to ten pick your nose etc etc etc 

I would put serious money on what you have done is actually hard reset it the old fashioned way.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

I'll remember that if it ever happens to mine. The grandchildren use it for CBeebies games.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I always feel that as long as the thing works afterwards then that's all that matters. It would be nice to understand why but not essential.

papasmurf

Something does not work, you take it apart can't see anything wrong put it back together and it works. I find that very annoying.
Yesterday the ball and chains Kindle Fire "froze." The usual recovery procedure would not work.

So using an oyster shucker, I carefully prised the casings apart and disconnected the battery. (I am a tad paranoid about lithium ion batteries catching fire.)

Left it 1/2 an hour, reconnected  the battery, put the cases back together and it worked with no problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe