Main Menu

Masks? Impossible!

Started by T00ts, September 04, 2020, 12:20:29 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2020, 02:28:56 PM
Quote from: Barry on September 04, 2020, 02:24:44 PM
nor is there any requirement for any exempt person to prove that they are.

Actually there is under Covid-19 regulations and they should have an exemption certificate.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
LINK, if no link, WRONG!
† The end is nigh †

patman post

The guy in the opening post looks well able to handle himself and wear a mask.

I still believe anyone whose unable to wear a face mask, through either physical or mental problems, should not be venturing into enclosed public places...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 04, 2020, 02:24:44 PM
nor is there any requirement for any exempt person to prove that they are.

Actually there is under Covid-19 regulations and they should have an exemption certificate.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

My view, based solely on the video, is that the officer acted unlawfully. There's no power of arrest, nor is there any requirement for any exempt person to prove that they are.
He's now been charged with various offences, (2 days ago), so it will be interesting to see how the court case goes.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 04, 2020, 02:09:26 PM

That's a bit harsh —

Based on experience, if I had to stay the night in Liverpool it meant putting the Juggernaut in a secure guarded compound overnight complete with twenty foot high walls topped with several coils of razor wire and several starving Rottweilers on patrol. In the "digs," it was necessary to stand the bed on your wallet or someone would nick it.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2020, 01:57:00 PMAs far as I am concerned and based on experience all of Liverpool is a blabagogy. (An environment of criminals and social outcasts.)
That's a bit harsh — though having spent some time in Liverpool and associated with Scousers over the years, I can understand why so many reasonable people found it easy to believe the Hillsborough allegations originally peddled by the authorities...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2020, 01:57:00 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 04, 2020, 01:51:34 PM

I bet he was as popular as the Beatles in Liverpool. ;D

As far as I am concerned and based on experience all of Liverpool is a blabagogy. (An environment of criminals and social outcasts.)

👍

And I know a guy, biker actually, who said he left Cornwall because it was so small minded.

How ironic.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 04, 2020, 01:51:34 PM

As far as I am concerned and based on experience all of Liverpool is a blabagogy. (An environment of criminals and social outcasts.)

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 01:23:16 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2020, 01:18:09 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 01:15:42 PM

Really?

Yes really. I used to go to Liverpool a lot in the past, as far as I am concerned a big trench should be dug around it and it towed out to sea and sunk.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 01:08:47 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 04, 2020, 12:54:03 PM
I was replying to - "so how is anyone able to decide if rules are being broken or not?" and "We should all wear masks, certainly on public transport, shops etc unless... we have a medical condition which excuses us. So who decides?"

Even the govt don't know! 🤔

The cop brutality is always wrong of course, I dunno but in the shops around here they would wrestle COPD customers to the ground even if they were wearing a mask.

;D ;D ;D I know that's really unfunny but I couldn't stifle a giggle. It gave me a whole new vision of your location.

:)

It's not quite Liverpool yet, but we have a Tory MP bussed in from Geordieland so I'm sure we'll get there (and the fog on the tyne will be all mine all mine). :)
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 01:26:23 PM

As far as I am aware asthma or breathing problems. I confess my own experience is that it is more difficult to breathe while wearing one. I don't know if there are any others.

A visor is different to a mask, a visor on its own would not be compliant with the regulations.  I wear both when I venture out due to the influx of potential plague carriers for the next few weeks.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on September 04, 2020, 01:24:01 PM
What's the medical reason stopping someone from wearing a visor?

As far as I am aware asthma or breathing problems. I confess my own experience is that it is more difficult to breathe while wearing one. I don't know if there are any others.

Nalaar

What's the medical reason stopping someone from wearing a visor?
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2020, 01:18:09 PM

Really?

Yes really. I used to go to Liverpool a lot in the past, as far as I am concerned a big trench should be dug around it and it towed out to sea and sunk.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

papasmurf

Really?