Tony Abbott appointed

Started by T00ts, September 04, 2020, 07:51:34 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 08:32:38 PM
He is pretty good I think at delegating to the right people.

I daren't reply to that or I will get banned.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on September 04, 2020, 08:21:59 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 08:18:55 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on September 04, 2020, 08:15:11 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 07:51:34 PMIf he keeps it to himself that's ok.

Well apparently he hasn't, since you know about it.

That's a point but every dog is allowed one bite. So if his lesson has been learned I have no reason to wish him 'cancelled', which seems to be the current fad. He apparently does have valuable skills which let's face it are desperately needed as we embark on our non EU adventure. Let's hope he is Covid immune.

And if the lesson hasn't been learned? If he comes of with some sexist non-sense next week, then you'd want him sacked, or is he allowed a second bite?

I'm not much onboard with the  cancel cuture in relation to ruining the life of the guy who works at a bus station or call centre, it's a bit different when its the rich being appointed to government advisory jobs.

That has to beg the question - are you more upset because of his beliefs or his money? In answer to yours, he will have been told no doubt. His future is in his own hands. We voted BJ in to do a job. He is pretty good I think at delegating to the right people. If this chap has the skills then so be it. BJ would be a complete fool to stick his neck out for no good reason. We have seen it before, no doubt we will see it again.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 07:51:34 PMIf he keeps it to himself that's ok.

That's a point but every dog is allowed one bite. So if his lesson has been learned I have no reason to wish him 'cancelled', which seems to be the current fad. He apparently does have valuable skills which let's face it are desperately needed as we embark on our non EU adventure. Let's hope he is Covid immune.

Can he do tricks?
+++

Nalaar

And if the lesson hasn't been learned? If he comes of with some sexist non-sense next week, then you'd want him sacked, or is he allowed a second bite?

I'm not much onboard with the  cancel cuture in relation to ruining the life of the guy who works at a bus station or call centre, it's a bit different when its the rich being appointed to government advisory jobs.
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Nalaar

As for Abbot, I'd rather he wasn't on the UK payroll, but i doubt there will be enough of a pushback to change the appointment.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 04, 2020, 07:51:34 PM
I am fairly sure that mysogynists and homophobics aren't quite as rare as hen's teeth even in high office.

I am certain there are a lot of them in high office.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

How should we feel about this? The word is that because he has voiced homophobic and misogynist beliefs he shouldn't have been given the job.

As a woman I am happy for him to be a mysogynist as long as he doesn't abuse women. If he keeps it to himself that's ok. We are getting more and more paranoid about free speech but free thought? Is that a problem too? I can't speak of homophobia  since I am not a man but I am fairly sure that mysogynists and homophobics aren't quite as rare as hen's teeth even in high office. They just haven't been sussed.,