Spain will host climate conference after Chilean deaths

Started by Barry, November 01, 2019, 10:07:00 AM

« previous - next »

Churchill

<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4905 time=1573305233 user_id=69
Distant relative :roll:  we have something in come patriotic and I like Brandy as well  :)

Hmm, if you say so. ;) :tick:
+++

Churchill

Distant relative :roll:  we have something in come patriotic and I like Brandy as well  :)
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4893 time=1573302556 user_id=69
I suggest you don't try and guess what I am thinking

I didn't realize you were Winston Churchill.  :hattip
+++

Churchill

I suggest you don't try and guess what I am thinking you will be probably very wrong which you are, guessing assuming you can read minds is not possible,  as I have already stated I have never voted for Labour in 50 years of being eligible to vote now never will, I have already stated the Tories are the best of a very bad bunch.

PS I am not deeply religious either too many wars fought over religion for my liking

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4885 time=1573301601 user_id=69
This time you assumed correctly Churchill will be mortified if Labour win the GE , so will millions of others as jobs go hand over fist and income tax goes through the roof

Churchill would detest the modern Tories and their anti-nationalistic neoliberal policies, and probably would actually prefer old labour with their country-first Christian values, even if they were very misguided.

That's what he was really like I'm afraid.
+++

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4877 time=1573298891 user_id=98
Unfortunately, he then refers to others as 'dross' when no-one else made that implication.

That whole line of 80s type thinking has been widely discredited and even its biggest proponents turned away from it.

Trump is the apex of 80s style thinking and look what's going on there. Churchill wouod be mortified. ;)

This time you assumed correctly Churchill will be mortified if Labour win the GE , so will millions of others as jobs go hand over fist and income tax goes through the roof

Churchill

There are so many ifs in everyone's life if I had only been born at a different time, if I had been born in a different place, but one thing is for certain if you don't try you don't get anywhere, if you don't get offered a job then you have to work out why, if I had only done that, if I had only said that, if your life is not what you want, change it the world will not change to suit you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4860 time=1573292614 user_id=89
It annoys me that there are still people not up to speed on "welfare reform," and data about welfare.

Unfortunately, he then refers to others as 'dross' when no-one else made that implication.

That whole line of 80s type thinking has been widely discredited and even its biggest proponents turned away from it.

Trump is the apex of 80s style thinking and look what's going on there. Churchill wouod be mortified. ;)
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4869 time=1573297419 user_id=69
Bit of luck some yes the rest was hard work going without I made my own luck as did many others which many are still doing, times were more austere in my youth than today more are in some kind of work now than ever before.

It is only possible to get work if you are offered it no matter how hard you try.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

Bit of luck some yes the rest was hard work going without I made my own luck as did many others which many are still doing, times were more austere in my youth than today more are in some kind of work now than ever before.

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4864 time=1573295172 user_id=69

I did work I did not want to do that I was over qualified to do for one simple reason, it meant money in my pocket which eventually gave me enough to move to where better paid work was.

Lucky you, but please do not extrapolate your experience has being possible to all, because the state the country is in since May 2010, only a few people could follow your example.

Churchill

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4860 time=1573292614 user_id=89
It annoys me that there are still people not up to speed on "welfare reform," and data about welfare.

True I do not understand Welfare Benefits because I have never had to claim what in my days was called the dole, even when made redundant twice in less than 18 months I found some work.

I did work I did not want to do that I was over qualified to do for one simple reason, it meant money in my pocket which eventually gave me enough to move to where better paid work was.

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4857 time=1573292407 user_id=98
His post is very Tebbitt like "on yer bike" dross.

Yes I did a Tebbit or more accurately what his Dad did and like him I went to where work was that is why I was able to feed and house my family and earn money for over 50 years, wrong assumption I don't consider most people dross but some are even if in work.

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4857 time=1573292407 user_id=98
His post is very Tebbitt like "on yer bike" dross.