Barnier done!

Started by T00ts, September 05, 2020, 09:23:24 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 04:46:17 PM31/12/20?

sorry gerry couldnae resist.

Not much happening then, other than the UK putting up a border within it's country. The rest we'll wait and see how the trade talks go, or not go as they currently are.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 05:03:08 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:55:23 PMpretty much baff.

Gerry can't get over we are leaving though , hence the regular outbursts.17 weeks to go.

You have to get with the Programme, you've all ready left, months ago. Zero time to go.
Thats the spirit Gerry, now you get it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:55:23 PMpretty much baff.

Gerry can't get over we are leaving though , hence the regular outbursts.17 weeks to go.

You have to get with the Programme, you've all ready left, months ago. Zero time to go.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:35:33 PM...but but toots. Its your total lack of understanding that is the problem. Gerry is here to re educate you .

Fer christ sake dont tell him it was irelands total lack of understanding of how the uk works that caused them to leave 100 years ago.
Anyone thinking Merkel or Macron rules the EU knows nothing about the EU.
Well yesif "lack of understanding" in this case means opression, starvation, murder, property theft etc... then your right

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:01:51 PMThey understand the eu , they just dont want to be in it. I even posted the "wee bleu book" detailing how the eu works ( obviously it primarily focuses on scotland , but it details how the eu operates for an english audience.)

http://www.yeswecan.scot/flipbooks/WeeBleuBook/WeeBleuBook.html#p=1

Its your total lack of understanding this which is the problem gerry.

We had this argument over four years ago , voted on it , and after much deliberation , are now leaving in 17 weeks.

You can kick and scream all day long gerry , but its happening.
Thomas you demonstrate a strong understanding of the EU/UK/Scotland/IRL and i'm sure many other areas that haven't been discussed, but that can't be said about a lot of people on here, there's a void between opinions and reality about the EU. I've said it before, if I grew up in England I think I would have a very negative opinion about the EU with the decades of blaming the EU on domestic failures by UK politicians.

There's no debating the UK leaving. They have left, it's done, brexit is finished no more work to be done. It's moved onto future trade and what the relationship will be like.

Great book by the way.

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2020, 01:48:32 PMBut according to Gerry the EU are only losing 0.6% of their budget %uD83D%uDE1C. Using his maths you should be able to lose all member states and retain 90% of the budget. Lol
Poor nick its not just what the EU is but gets his numbers all mixed up also. That's not what was said, a little recap. The UK net contribution is about 7.5b stg or roughly 8.5b euro. The EU budget is about %u20AC150b, what the EU looses is the UK 8.5b or about 5.6% loss. It doesn't all have to be "plugged" as the EU regulatory bodies no longer have to service the UK and there will be tariffs charged on UK exports coming into the EU, so hardly a financial hit. The EU market is worth %u20AC14,000b, less the UK GDP %u20AC2,500 leaves %u20AC11,500b so the UK nett budget contribution as a % of that is 0.07%.

So Numbers Nick, you should also know that the cost to the UK so far for brexit is growing and in excess of %u20AC145b, won't be long before the cost is more than what the EU has cost the UK in total for decades. Plus we're not even mentioning all the positives of the EU.

Any more numbers you want to discuss ?

I will - none of that makes sense. Is it saying what you meant it to?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 04:44:21 PM

31/12/20? ;D

sorry gerry couldnae resist.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2020, 01:48:32 PMBut according to Gerry the EU are only losing 0.6% of their budget %uD83D%uDE1C. Using his maths you should be able to lose all member states and retain 90% of the budget. Lol
Poor nick its not just what the EU is but gets his numbers all mixed up also. That's not what was said, a little recap. The UK net contribution is about 7.5b stg or roughly 8.5b euro. The EU budget is about %u20AC150b, what the EU looses is the UK 8.5b or about 5.6% loss. It doesn't all have to be "plugged" as the EU regulatory bodies no longer have to service the UK and there will be tariffs charged on UK exports coming into the EU, so hardly a financial hit. The EU market is worth %u20AC14,000b, less the UK GDP %u20AC2,500 leaves %u20AC11,500b so the UK nett budget contribution as a % of that is 0.07%.

So Numbers Nick, you should also know that the cost to the UK so far for brexit is growing and in excess of %u20AC145b, won't be long before the cost is more than what the EU has cost the UK in total for decades. Plus we're not even mentioning all the positives of the EU.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 04:07:00 PM

To be fair Thomas we are all entitled to strong views and I guess most will do their utmost to uphold them. I don't blame him for that although you might need to be careful. I thought you were a staunch remainer, but just sometimes ...    ;D

unlike gerry and others , i firmly believe in democracy toots.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:54:19 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 03:41:01 PM

That's fine I am often re-educated here but there is a limit.

and you also do plenty of educating yourself toots. ;)

But there is a difference between being educated ,and listening to one mans non stop propaganda.

To be fair Thomas we are all entitled to strong views and I guess most will do their utmost to uphold them. I don't blame him for that although you might need to be careful. I thought you were a staunch remainer, but just sometimes ...    ;D

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on September 05, 2020, 03:44:04 PM
How the EU works is a problem for EU members to worry about.

pretty much baff.

Gerry cant get over we are leaving though , hence the regular outbursts.17 weeks to go.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 03:41:01 PM

and you also do plenty of educating yourself toots. ;)

But there is a difference between being educated ,and listening to one mans non stop propaganda.

Baff

How the EU works is a problem for EU members to worry about.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 03:30:54 PM

You are absolutely right and especially so if you only believe their PR. Where do those ideas for laws/regulations come from? Perhaps lobbying voices are louder in some parts than others.

...but but toots. Its your total lack of understanding that is the problem. Gerry is here to re educate you .

Fer christ sake dont tell him it was irelands total lack of understanding of how the uk works that caused them to leave 100 years ago. :D

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 03:30:54 PM

You are absolutely right and especially so if you only believe their PR. Where do those ideas for laws/regulations come from? Perhaps lobbying voices are louder in some parts than others.

...but but toots. Its your total lack of understanding that is the problem. Gerry is here to re educate you .

Fer christ sake dont tell him it was irelands total lack of understanding of how the uk works that caused them to leave 100 years ago. :D