Barnier done!

Started by T00ts, September 05, 2020, 09:23:24 AM

« previous - next »

Baff

Aaaw.
It's such a shame.

Poor old remoaners.
Made a surrender treaty but their nation hasn't surrendered.
Never mind.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 08, 2020, 06:27:00 PMYou are on a different planet if you thin anyone is buyng some sort of BRINO simply becasue a few daft meps are off the brussells gravy train , but all else remains the same.
With Johnson you can't rule brino out, he does more about turns than a rocking chair, look what he did with the WA, took an ok deal May negotiated and made it worse, a right croc of crap and the dumb dumb's signed it off. Brexiters will love it when the EU brings the EU to the ECJ to judicate on the UK breach (if that happens).
At least we gained freedom, I'll buy you a pint (of guinness  ;) ) when Scotland gets her's. The way Johnson is going it could be sooner than expected.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 08, 2020, 06:19:38 PM

Spin on your head Thomas the UK has left the EU, gone, finished.

The process of leaving will be complete at the end of the year. ;)

QuoteIt can't leave a second time unless it rejoins.

Brexiters dont want to leave a second time.......first time will do.

...and of course not being bound by eu rules , courts and paying them fees more importantly.

QuoteThink of it like leaving the golf club but they let you use the course for the rest of the year. Your out. You no longer can use the members bar, or vote at the AGM.
That's why the UK doesn't have its 73 MEP's, it doesn't have a seat at the council, it doesn't send a commissioner. It doesn't have a vote, that's because it's out.

Dont talk rubbish gerry.

You an irishman trying to sell this cac?

Would ireland have accepted that as independence 100 years ago? If the britihs had told you you are free merely because 100 irish mps were no longer at westminster , but the rest of englands rule continued as it had before , the irish would have laughed in their faces.

You wouldnt buy it then , and the english arent buying now with the eu.

You are on a different planet if you thin anyone is buyng some sort of BRINO simply becasue a few daft meps are off the brussells gravy train , but all else remains the same.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 08, 2020, 06:12:26 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 08, 2020, 04:00:43 PM

The UK is out, your signing off with "The uk will properly be out in 17 weeks time." alot. Just pointing out the UK has left. Before it did it could have decided to stay, now it can't. Because it's out.

The uk isnt out. Its in transition.

Heres what the word means gerry.

Quotethe process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.

and that process will finish come the end of the year.

We have no parliamentary representation , but we are still taking rules and paying fees , of which the whole brexit referendum was about the uk not taking rules , and not paying fees.

Spin on your head Thomas the UK has left the EU, gone, finished. Any word will do. It can't leave a second time unless it rejoins.

Think of it like leaving the golf club but they let you use the course for the rest of the year. Your out. You no longer can use the members bar, or vote at the AGM.
That's why the UK doesn't have its 73 MEP's, it doesn't have a seat at the council, it doesn't send a commissioner. It doesn't have a vote, that's because it's out.

Maybe you forgot.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/jan/31/brexit-day-britain-prepares-leave-eu-live-news-updates

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 08, 2020, 04:00:43 PM

The UK is out, your signing off with "The uk will properly be out in 17 weeks time." alot. Just pointing out the UK has left. Before it did it could have decided to stay, now it can't. Because it's out.

The uk isnt out. Its in transition.

Heres what the word means gerry.

Quotethe process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.

and that process will finish come the end of the year.

We have no parliamentary representation , but we are still taking rules and paying fees , of which the whole brexit referendum was about the uk not taking rules , and not paying fees.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 05, 2020, 07:38:38 PMIt's nothing to do with following rules or making rules. It's about "He who pays the piper calls the tune" and Merkel pays the piper. Are you that naive to think that rules are followed to the letter? If so then you need a dose of the real world Gerry. And as mentioned above, lobbying is done in the purpose built lobby cafe, can you show me the rules that govern dodger deals done there?

The EU is rules based, the UK is not. That's not a slight on the UK, it's historically built on precedence. You think the EU operates like the UK, it doesn't. Merkel doesn't control anything, joint decisions. It's why the UK is leaving, old blighty want to rule over the masses, and the EU structures don't allow it.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 05:14:19 PMstop being disingenuous gerry.

The uk will properly be out in 17 weeks time.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 02:50:01 PMIt's your total lack of understand of the EU which is the problem.

It's nothing to do with following rules or making rules. It's about "He who pays the piper calls the tune" and Merkel pays the piper. Are you that naive to think that rules are followed to the letter? If so then you need a dose of the real world Gerry. And as mentioned above, lobbying is done in the purpose built lobby cafe, can you show me the rules that govern dodger deals done there?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on September 05, 2020, 06:52:08 PM

I self identify with this statement.

Thank you for being so honest baffy.

I keep hearing this "idiot english who voted brexit need re educating and told what is good for them " line , but for some strange reason certain individuals just dont see the writing on the wall , and that England  just doesnt want to be part of the EU.

History plays a part in there somewhere.

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:01:51 PMThey understand the eu , they just dont want to be in it. I even posted the "wee bleu book" detailing how the eu works ( obviously it primarily focuses on scotland , but it details how the eu operates for an english audience.)

http://www.yeswecan.scot/flipbooks/WeeBleuBook/WeeBleuBook.html#p=1

Its your total lack of understanding this which is the problem gerry.

We had this argument over four years ago , voted on it , and after much deliberation , are now leaving in 17 weeks.

You can kick and scream all day long gerry , but its happening.
Thomas you demonstrate a strong understanding of the EU/UK/Scotland/IRL and i'm sure many other areas that haven't been discussed, but that can't be said about a lot of people on here, there's a void between opinions and reality about the EU

some people undoubtedly dont know how the eu works , and more to the point  , they dont care gerry. The ship has sailed.
I've said it before, if I grew up in England I think I would have a very negative opinion about the EU with the decades of blaming the EU on domestic failures by UK politicians

Hang on gerry , the same politicians and the same media that control the entire uk control scotland. We have had devolution for twenty years , and the majority of control over scotland is still at westminster. All the main media is non scottish controlled , the bbc is centred in london under london control , so your insinuation that itss all to do  with politicians and possibly media doesnt explain the vast difference in opinion between england and scotland regarding the eu.

By the way gerry the majority of uk politicians and main political parties and establishment were all pro EU on the run up to the referendum. This  hinting at anti eu brainwashing doesnt in any way go along to explain englands attitude to the eu.

I think a lot of it is the history of bitter fighting and hatred between the english and the major eu powers over the centuries , just like irelands attitude to england.

QuoteThere's no debating the UK leaving. They have left, it's done, brexit is finished no more work to be done.

No we havent. We are in the half way house of a transition period, were everything remains the same except parliamentary representation. Thats will end at the end of the year.
I self identify with this statement.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 05:03:08 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:55:23 PMpretty much baff.

Gerry can't get over we are leaving though , hence the regular outbursts.17 weeks to go.

You have to get with the Programme, you've all ready left, months ago. Zero time to go.

stop being disingenuous gerry.

The uk will properly be out in 17 weeks time.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 05:01:22 PM

Well yesif "lack of understanding" in this case means opression, starvation, murder, property theft etc... then your right

Right , and no one knows irish history , which has often been entertwined with scotlands , more than me.

However the point being , the irish were determined to leave the uk just as the english want out the eu ,and im saying you should understand this even if you dont agree with it.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:01:51 PMThey understand the eu , they just dont want to be in it. I even posted the "wee bleu book" detailing how the eu works ( obviously it primarily focuses on scotland , but it details how the eu operates for an english audience.)

http://www.yeswecan.scot/flipbooks/WeeBleuBook/WeeBleuBook.html#p=1

Its your total lack of understanding this which is the problem gerry.

We had this argument over four years ago , voted on it , and after much deliberation , are now leaving in 17 weeks.

You can kick and scream all day long gerry , but its happening.
Thomas you demonstrate a strong understanding of the EU/UK/Scotland/IRL and i'm sure many other areas that haven't been discussed, but that can't be said about a lot of people on here, there's a void between opinions and reality about the EU

some people undoubtedly dont know how the eu works , and more to the point  , they dont care gerry. The ship has sailed.
I've said it before, if I grew up in England I think I would have a very negative opinion about the EU with the decades of blaming the EU on domestic failures by UK politicians

Hang on gerry , the same politicians and the same media that control the entire uk control scotland. We have had devolution for twenty years , and the majority of control over scotland is still at westminster. All the main media is non scottish controlled , the bbc is centred in london under london control , so your insinuation that itss all to do  with politicians and possibly media doesnt explain the vast difference in opinion between england and scotland regarding the eu.

By the way gerry the majority of uk politicians and main political parties and establishment were all pro EU on the run up to the referendum. This  hinting at anti eu brainwashing doesnt in any way go along to explain englands attitude to the eu.

I think a lot of it is the history of bitter fighting and hatred between the english and the major eu powers over the centuries , just like irelands attitude to england.

QuoteThere's no debating the UK leaving. They have left, it's done, brexit is finished no more work to be done.

No we havent. We are in the half way house of a transition period, were everything remains the same except parliamentary representation. Thats will end at the end of the year.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2020, 05:06:15 PMWhere have we gone to? I thought we were still in the year transition. Are you sure ?
Your out of the EU. There's no going back. If before leaving you had said you were staying they you could have on the exact same terms you had. If the UK tomorrow morning said we want to stay you can't because your now a 3rd country. It would require re-applying and thay would involve taking the Euro, Schengen etc...

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 05, 2020, 05:03:08 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 05, 2020, 03:55:23 PMpretty much baff.

Gerry can't get over we are leaving though , hence the regular outbursts.17 weeks to go.

You have to get with the Programme, you've all ready left, months ago. Zero time to go.

Where have we gone to? I thought we were still in the year transition. Are you sure ?