Barnier done!

Started by T00ts, September 05, 2020, 09:23:24 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2020, 02:33:53 PM

Everyone thought, because they were told, the land of unicorns would be full of money for everyone.

No they didnt , and you have been told this is shite now across two different forums.

You just cant get it into your head wethre its good or bad economically , the english dont like being part of the eu.

You told them for four years the economic repercussions , and still they voted brexit and for parties promising to enact brexit every election.

Ireland was initially worse off after independence form the uk , and remained the poor man of europe for decades , yet it didnt stop many irish people from supporting their countries independence. So why on earth do you think it is going to stop the far far richer england from wanting theirs?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 13, 2020, 02:07:51 PMThey knew the rammifications all along.
They more than anyone.
If those who have most to lose from Brexit are the loudest proponents of it, no one needs you to speak for them.
If you do wish to protect them fromt he negative economic effects of Brexit there are two things you can do.
Buy British and petition the government to provide them with state subsidies.

As opposed to squealing when the UK says it will provide them with subsidies.

Everyone thought, because they were told, the land of unicorns would be full of money for everyone. The fishermen would get the waters back and all the catch could be sold in the EU because they love our fish and will let it in tariff free. CAr manufacturers were told Merkel (she has nothing to do with brexit) rules the EU and the car industry will ensure there will be tariff free access to the eu and the JIT industry needn't worry as its so important to the EU. Farmers were told that all the subsidies the EU pays to the UK farmers were safe (actually I think there now gone) and that brexit will open up great opportunities for farmers to grow their business.

The reality is under a no deal brexit all these industries are F@@@*d. If they were told that pre brexit,as in the liar had told the truth for once, they all those industris might have voted differently

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on September 13, 2020, 02:07:51 PM

They knew the rammifications all along.
They more than anyone.

Actually they didn't. Now a no deal Brexit is imminent they are realising the depth of poo they have dropped themselves into.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on September 13, 2020, 01:58:37 PM
Quote from: Baff on September 13, 2020, 01:43:51 PM

That farmers were the people most dedicated to leaving the EU.

Weird ay?
I guess not everything is all about the money.

Many are now realising the gravity of their mistake.

They knew the rammifications all along.
They more than anyone.
If those who have most to lose from Brexit are the loudest proponents of it, no one needs you to speak for them.
If you do wish to protect them fromt he negative economic effects of Brexit there are two things you can do.
Buy British and petition the government to provide them with state subsidies.

As opposed to squealing when the UK says it will provide them with subsidies.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 13, 2020, 01:57:56 PM

When brexit Britannia starts importing chlorinated chicken, angel dust beef and GM crops. And the EU hits UK foods with a 40% tariff. You might find UK farmers will have a different tune to play.

Don't forget the Endocrine disruptors in the American food products.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on September 13, 2020, 01:43:51 PM

Weird ay?

Many are now realising the gravity of their mistake.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 13, 2020, 01:43:51 PMWait until you find out that UKIP was started by and supported by... a load of farmers.

Weird ay?
:D :D  Prob the fisher men and car manufacturers also.

When brexit Britannia starts importing chlorinated chicken, angel dust beef and GM crops. And the EU hits UK foods with a 40% tariff. You might find UK farmers will have a different tune to play.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on September 12, 2020, 05:45:20 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 05:42:15 PMYou can add farming to that, premium UK produced meat which is exported to Europe will under WTO have an up to 65% tariff on it.

True, and many more. I can't believe that people are supporting the Govt. in this act. I'm sure there's millions disgusted with these recent developments.

We'll have to wait for cummings to tell borris what to do before we know the next move.

Wait until you find out that UKIP was started by and supported by... a load of farmers.

Weird ay?

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on September 13, 2020, 09:15:46 AM
The same ones the rest of the world do.
Well considering 98% of trade is done through FTA's and most FTS' s look to reduce barriers to trade, not just tariffs you'll find they reduce the 'state aid' provision set under WTO. if the UK on on primarily WTO for trade, then the state aid rules will be worse than now.

Baff

Correct.
The WTO rules on state aid are the level playing field we will be using.

The same ones the rest of the world do.

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 05:42:15 PMYou can add farming to that, premium UK produced meat which is exported to Europe will under WTO have an up to 65% tariff on it.
We can add state aid also, as WTO also has state aid rules. Even though Johnson is making a fuss how the EU is so unfair in having state aid rules.

Baff

I agree.
I think that WTO trade with the EU will hurt our farm exports.

GerryT

True, and many more. I can't believe that people are supporting the Govt. in this act. I'm sure there's millions disgusted with these recent developments.

We'll have to wait for cummings to tell borris what to do before we know the next move.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 12, 2020, 05:34:05 PM
In this bright new world, of mostly WTO trade, can you explain the UK plan for a couple of sectors, it's less than 4 months away.

Fishing, who's going to eat all this fish you catch, because it's not be consumed in the UK. Can't see EU ports welcoming UK boats.
Car JIT. With barriers going up how will JIT work and again are all the cars being made in the UK sold in the UK ? Will UK car price increases sell in the EU with so many competitors not having an increase.
Services These aren't covered under WTO, with the uK economy 80% services what's the plan.

Surely these and many many more is what the UK should be talking about.  I don't know of any plans, so what's happening ?

You can add farming to that, premium UK produced meat which is exported to Europe will under WTO have an up to 65% tariff on it.

GerryT

In this bright new world, of mostly WTO trade, can you explain the UK plan for a couple of sectors, it's less than 4 months away.

Fishing, who's going to eat all this fish you catch, because it's not be consumed in the UK. Can't see EU ports welcoming UK boats.
Car JIT. With barriers going up how will JIT work and again are all the cars being made in the UK sold in the UK ? Will UK car price increases sell in the EU with so many competitors not having an increase.
Services These aren't covered under WTO, with the uK economy 80% services what's the plan.

Surely these and many many more is what the UK should be talking about.  I don't know of any plans, so what's happening ?