I am a sensitive soul but

Started by Borchester, September 07, 2020, 12:06:02 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 12:37:29 PM
Thomas I cannot be bothered to quote all your shit.
You may possibly remember me admitting to being a former cannabis smoker but I haven't touched the stuff since 2003. I didn't even go online til 2010 and have worked in a supermarket since 2012.

Okay steve , theres absolutely no need to be so touchy on the subject. :)Have i struck a raw nerve or something?

QuoteYou are clearly misremembering and are too pig ignorant and arrogant to admit to the possibility.

well heres what i said to you in my previous post...

ok my apologies. Im only saying what you once told us all on the old forum.

I mean what more do you want me to say?

Im right you are a hash head , by your own admittance , its just the timescale you tell me is wrong. No problem.

;)

QuoteI have lost all respect for you.

im crushed steve. No really.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 07, 2020, 12:26:58 PM

Evidence? Because that is bollocks. You clearly forgot the probable use of the past tense. I used to smoke the stuff occasionally when a lot younger. I havent touched it since 2003. You are clearly misremembering something I said yet saying it anyway, so I am calling on you to produce the evidence. Put up or shut up, instead of being your usual obnoxious self.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 10:55:42 AM
That does not warrant the torrent of PERSONAL abuse and lies about me, I get.

Yes it does. You are a spiteful old man whose first response to any reasonable response (ie you are full of shit) is to run off and tell tales to the management.

There is nothing that can be done to help you Pappy. You are the sort who would have complained to the teacher when the other lads pushed your head down the toilet and piddle on top, but I think it would be nice if the rest of the forum had a place where we could talk plain.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Thomas I cannot be bothered to quote all your shit.

You may possibly remember me admitting to being a former cannabis smoker but I haven't touched the stuff since 2003. I didn't even go online til 2010 and have worked in a supermarket since 2012.

So throughout my time in a supermarket, and indeed throughout my entire time on line debating with insulting and lying arseholes of one stripe or another, I have never touched the stuff. I don't smoke anything in fact, having given up cigarettes in 2004.

You are clearly misremembering and are too pig ignorant and arrogant to admit to the possibility.

Yet you choose to call me a liar now to boot. I have lost all respect for you. You wish to use this forum to dishonestly slur me as a self-confessed dope smoker, where is your fucking evidence?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 12:13:30 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 07, 2020, 11:08:48 AM

The point im making is many of us were on the receiving end of his shite , but didnt run away off the forum like a wee wean in terror of him.
I actually left not because of him directly but because some of the mods were openly backing him, including Don abusing his position by joining him in making personal attacks upon me. Not least because they'd become real life best buddies, whilst he was happily screwing another mod, Opinionated - and it later turned out was being given access to her mod account. A playground bully is one thing, but a playground bully backed by the teachers is an intolerable situation.

I was not the only one who left. So did the thoroughly decent Major Sinic, and even Cromwell for a time.

And what is it with all this personal malice from you all the time, which is coming across loud and clear. If you don't like me, f**king ignore me. Or go and do something more useful like shoving your head up a Shetland pony's arse? Or have you already done that?

By calling me a hash head when I have already told you I am not is being deliberately insulting.

Likewise calling me weak and a coward.

If you cannot debate the issues without making personal attacks, just f**k off and bug somebody else.
Yeah well nobody said he didn't like yourself pop up under a different name occasionally. Thinking he could blend in especially nowadays with a Blairite back in the hot seat.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 12:01:31 PM
Your memory is shit. I have already pointed out on another thread that I do not touch hash and havent done for nearly two decades yet you cannot even remember me telling you that it seems.

How am i insulting you?

How did i know your name was steve , from plymouth , and i remembered you vividly saying you worked in a supermarket  and admitted you smoke hash.

I havent known you "online" for two decades , more like 6 years or maybe a bit more.

Thats fine then , you deny away.

QuoteI actually left not because of him directly but because some of the mods were openly backing him, including Don abusing his position by joining him in making personal attacks upon me. Not least because they'd become real life best buddies, whilst he was happily screwing another mod, Opinionated - and it later turned out was being given access to her mod account. A playground bully is one thing, but a playground bully backed by the teachers is an intolerable situation.

So feckin what?

You delight in playing the victim , but as we have all seen on here are happy to dish it out when it suits. Dont feckin moan about being on the receivng end of things in that case then.

Further , i have had my ups and downs with probably most folk on this forum , most of the old mods too. I didnt run away because of it.

You cant handle debate steve , and thats why you regularly flounce off forums when it gets too hot for you.

Twice you have done it in the past , and goodfellow was only the excuse  on one accasion.

QuoteAnd what is it with all this personal malice from you all the time

What personal malice?

There you go again playing the victim as you always do , which is why you get very little respect from me.

QuoteOr go and do something more useful like shoving your head up a Shetland pony's arse? Or have you already done that?

Need i say anymore? ;D

QuoteBy calling me a hash head when I have already told you I am not is being deliberately insulting.

srb7677

The point im making is many of us were on the receiving end of his shite , but didnt run away off the forum like a wee wean in terror of him.
I actually left not because of him directly but because some of the mods were openly backing him, including Don abusing his position by joining him in making personal attacks upon me. Not least because they'd become real life best buddies, whilst he was happily screwing another mod, Opinionated - and it later turned out was being given access to her mod account. A playground bully is one thing, but a playground bully backed by the teachers is an intolerable situation.

I was not the only one who left. So did the thoroughly decent Major Sinic, and even Cromwell for a time.

And what is it with all this personal malice from you all the time, which is coming across loud and clear. If you don't like me, f**king ignore me. Or go and do something more useful like shoving your head up a Shetland pony's arse? Or have you already done that?

By calling me a hash head when I have already told you I am not is being deliberately insulting.

Likewise calling me weak and a coward.

If you cannot debate the issues without making personal attacks, just F@@@ off and bug somebody else.

srb7677

My memory is spot on.

What is remember of you was you were a gentle soul who i generally once got on with , a hash head from plymouth who worked in the local supermarket with a penchant for politics and a strong dislike for new labour.

Your memory is shit. I have already pointed out on another thread that I do not touch hash and havent done for nearly two decades yet you cannot even remember me telling you that it seems.

You insult me by calling me a pot head in spite of being told otherwise yet object to a little ribbing in response because you cannot take what you dish out.

srb7677

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 09:20:08 AM
I lament the way the internet has gone to pot. It definitely used to be nicer and freer (wrt expressing opinions without being jumped on).

As someone said, Facebook is feckin horrific.

without a doubt dynamis.

10- 15 years ago , when these type if forums were all the rage , we had folk like greg lance watkins the original ukiper , telling everyone to use their real names.

The myth was anonymity was fuelling abuse.

Then along came facebook , the anonymity went , and the trolls kept trolling , the bullies bullying and so on.

The new myth being put in place is the world was all polite and civlised till the interwebby came along. The fact of the matter people have always been the same , only the platforms for people behaving as they do in real life have changed.

Bleating about it wont change a thing.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 08:59:24 AM

...and still no recognition or attempt at an apology for your behaviour.

Yep.

Smurf wants to abuse you , but not be abused himself.

He wants to troll threads , but not have his threads trolled.

He wants others to lose their anonymity , but keep his anonymity.

Etc etc etc.

Barry and cromwell graciously allowed him onto this forum , despite the fact they banned him for life on our old forum.

As they say though , a leopard never changes its spots.

Same shite different day as ever.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 09:15:36 AM
Your memory appears to be rather selective.

My memory is spot on.

What is remember of you was you were a gentle soul who i generally once got on with , a hash head from plymouth who worked in the local supermarket with a penchant for politics and a strong dislike for new labour.

QuoteI did post in TOP and that proved to be a mistake

I dont remember you posting in the other place , but if you say you did , im not going to argue the point.

In fact , by admitting you did , it makes it worse.

What you are saying then is you endorsed the existence of the other place by using it , then flounced off when it got too hot for you to handle?

Sorry steve , i think thats the cowards way , and more to the point , what i see on these forums every single day where certain individuals want to use platforms to sneer at or even abuse others , but cant handle it back.

Where i feckin come from , you dish it , you take it.

This isnt friends reunited or the local coffee morning club.

Politics gets nasty , and people get riled by it.

QuoteAnd the problem with Goodfellow 

I dont need you to tell me what wad wrong with goodfellow. I had some absolute humdingers with the guy long before you encountered him , and gave as good as i got with him. He was on the pm many a time to many people on this forum and others late at night full of gin and charlie being abusive .

The point im making is many of us were on the receiving end of his shite , but didnt run away off the forum like a wee wean in terror of him. Some people can take the cut and thrust of debate , others get all bitter and petulant over it , and flounce off.

You talk about bullying  , and name calling from your ivory tower , as if you have higher morals on the subject than the rest of us , but as i pointed out the other day on here about your high morals regarding racism and prejudice  , you do your fair share of it , so you arent any more whiter than white than the rest of us.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 10:55:42 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 10:44:52 AM

Have you thought of compromise? Perhaps if you were to consider making an effort to discuss matters instead of posting one line 'the Tories are rubbish' comments,

But the Tories are rubbish.  One liners?  I sometimes pick out a sentence from a long contribution that someone has posted because that is the only point I wish to address. That does not warrant the torrent of PERSONAL abuse and lies about me, I get.

It was just a friendly suggestion that might help both you and the forum.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 10:44:52 AM

Have you thought of compromise? Perhaps if you were to consider making an effort to discuss matters instead of posting one line 'the Tories are rubbish' comments,

But the Tories are rubbish.  One liners?  I sometimes pick out a sentence from a long contribution that someone has posted because that is the only point I wish to address. That does not warrant the torrent of PERSONAL abuse and lies about me, I get.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 10:33:09 AM
Quote from: Forum admin on September 07, 2020, 10:15:53 AM
However, we do need to protect people from bullying as it can have serious consequences.

That is the heart of the matter.  I am more or less trapped at home for several months yet.
There are serious issues that need discussing. But effectively that is getting more and more impossible for me to do due to the barrage of personal attacks, ridicule abuse and latterly stalking I get. The pack mentality involved is disgraceful.
If people think I am going to continue to put up with that without complaining about it they are very much mistaken.

Have you thought of compromise? Perhaps if you were to consider making an effort to discuss matters instead of posting one line 'the Tories are rubbish' comments, then people could engage instead of just get frustrated. It's really difficult to discuss anything with such adamant comments that simply close down any repartee. It takes two to tangle so perhaps if efforts were made on all sides to just change habits it would make falling out unnecessary. Eg I really enjoy some of the videos you post. They are fun so you obviously have a sense of humour and after all none of us can really make much difference in politics apart from chewing the cud over matters of the day. It's so much more interesting if argument can be tempered with a little bit of humour, despite really strong views on all sides.

I am sure we are all suitably convinced of your disapproval of the Tories. You don't need to convince us anymore. We understand!