I am a sensitive soul but

Started by Borchester, September 07, 2020, 12:06:02 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 08:13:26 AM
One way 'battles' could be resolved is by pm'ing your aggravator the abuse, I guess, but the rules would need amending.

I solved the problem in one case by posting a picture of the offenders front door on a forum. (Not this forum.) It was not just me he was attacking, it was some very vulnerable people as well.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Nalaar on September 07, 2020, 08:20:02 AM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 07, 2020, 08:11:24 AM
Quote from: Nalaar on September 07, 2020, 06:27:40 AMI've been n a few forums with such areas and dislike them, so wouldn't be in favour of having one here.

The idea of "such areas" is that no one is compelled to post on them if they don't want to. "We shouldn't do it because I don't like it" is hardly a thought out response is it? If we weren't allowed to say anything liberals like you didn't like, we'd have f*ck all to say

Why don't you put it to the poll and have a democratic decision instead of loftily declaring what your ideal is.

In my experience the arguments had in free-for-all topic areas quickly spread to the rest of the forum, making it a worse place.

It's up to the Forum Owner to decide what they want on their forums, and if they want it decided by a poll etc, not me.
Well you know it goes, it isn't me it is everybody else.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar on September 07, 2020, 06:27:40 AM%u2019ve been n a few forums with such areas and dislike them, so wouldn%u2019t be in favour of having one here.

The idea of "such areas" is that no one is compelled to post on them if they don't want to. "We shouldn't do it because I don't like it" is hardly a thought out response is it? If we weren't allowed to say anything liberals like you didn't like, we'd have f*ck all to say

Why don't you put it to the poll and have a democratic decision instead of loftily declaring what your ideal is.

Sounds good.

I second the motion.
Algerie Francais !

Nalaar

Quote from: Nalaar on September 07, 2020, 06:27:40 AMI've been n a few forums with such areas and dislike them, so wouldn't be in favour of having one here.

In my experience the arguments had in free-for-all topic areas quickly spread to the rest of the forum, making it a worse place.

It's up to the Forum Owner to decide what they want on their forums, and if they want it decided by a poll etc, not me.
Don't believe everything you think.

Sheepy

LOL Borchester, is that the last word on the matter?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

One way 'battles' could be resolved is by pm'ing your aggravator the abuse, I guess, but the rules would need amending.

I can't blame nice folks like streetwalker for wanting a nice forum free from such though. I feel a bit bad for possibly ruining it for the likes of him and other friendly types
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 07:33:46 AM
and it was nothing but a bullies' playground.

Which is what this forum has turned into.  Being constantly ridiculed, bullied, and harassed, ganged up on, and now stalked,  is something the people doing it should be ashamed of.
I suggest they read the general Terms Of Service for internet providers and also the law relating to such matters.
It is the bullies at fault and have made the problem for themselves.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Nalaar on September 07, 2020, 06:27:40 AM%u2019ve been n a few forums with such areas and dislike them, so wouldn%u2019t be in favour of having one here.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 07:33:46 AM
In an earlier incarnation many years ago, this forum had such a place - The Other Place or TOP - and it was nothing but a bullies' playground. We saw good members leaving in consequence. Being able to say whatever the f**k you want to someone is clearly a bullies' paradise.

I get that we all get moments when we want to call someone a c*nt or worse, and it can be mildly frustrating to have to rein yourself in.

But the forum as a whole is better for it

You never posted on the other place on the old forum from what i remember , but you still managed to get yourself bullied on the main boards by robin goodfellow and threw your rattle out your pram  ,deleted your account with much melodrama , and ran away.

Some folk cant handle debate.

As for borkies o/p , we all feckin know who he is talking about. An individual who has trolled every thread on every forum i have ever been on for the last ten years , while running to the mods at every occassion when folk start biting back at him.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

In an earlier incarnation many years ago, this forum had such a place - The Other Place or TOP - and it was nothing but a bullies' playground. We saw good members leaving in consequence. Being able to say whatever the F@@@ you want to someone is clearly a bullies' paradise.

I get that we all get moments when we want to call someone a c*nt or worse, and it can be mildly frustrating to have to rein yourself in.

But the forum as a whole is better for it
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nalaar

I've been n a few forums with such areas and dislike them, so wouldn't be in favour of having one here.

Also regarding 'creating more work for the moderators' that is absolutely not an issue, so I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.
Don't believe everything you think.

Streetwalker

Not for me . If you feel you need that sort of forum you should be switching off and go and find a quiet corner with a good book .

Borg Refinery

It's a good idea though, on the 'other place' where I and pappy post, we had a forum called the dungeon for years. One of the heads decided to ban me after he decided "anything goes except the c word and threats" didn't actually mean "anything goes".

Oh well.
+++

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 02:05:15 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 07, 2020, 12:06:02 AM
can't help but feel that the correct response to any slight is suggest that the alleged offender eat shit like the fuckwit that he is and to add the wish that his hemorrhoids burst while doing so. Running to the management every five minutes just increases the mods work load and decrease the rest of the forum's respect for whomever is doing the complaining.

So how about a section where  we can say what we like, go off topic if we like and don't have to worry about what anybody else likes?

Careful what you wish for...

...you might just get it. :)

I will probably swoon at the very suggestion of a few high words, but I imagine the other posters will survive.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on September 07, 2020, 12:06:02 AM
can't help but feel that the correct response to any slight is suggest that the alleged offender eat shit like the fuckwit that he is and to add the wish that his hemorrhoids burst while doing so. Running to the management every five minutes just increases the mods work load and decrease the rest of the forum's respect for whomever is doing the complaining.

So how about a section where  we can say what we like, go off topic if we like and don't have to worry about what anybody else likes?

Careful what you wish for...

...you might just get it. :)
+++