I am a sensitive soul but

Started by Borchester, September 07, 2020, 12:06:02 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 08:25:25 AM

I solved the problem in one case by posting a picture of the offenders front door on a forum. (Not this forum.) It was not just me he was attacking, it was some very vulnerable people as well.

My that was big of you.

We have discussed this "myth" before , that its cowards hiding behind anonymity .Forums like these ,where the members are anonymous , are on the decline  , while social media platforms like facebook etc , have been massivley on the rise for years now.

Despite not being anonymous on facebook , the arguments are just as bad if not worse than on here. I witness it everyday.

On top of that , i post under my real name , so does john of gwent and others over the past , while folk like you and others who bleat about bullying and anonymity post under non stop pseudonyms.

So what are you talking about?

You are one of the worst offenders on any forum i go on for trolling , harrasing and winding folk up ,then the first to run to mommy when it all goes sour.

Most of us are on here to deabte politics. You arent.

In ten years i have never ever witnessed you carry a civilised debate in the entire time.

Tory bad tory bad tory bad is about the extent of your political debate.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 07, 2020, 08:48:05 AM

And this is what happens, day in day out. Its relentless. Constant, attention seeking, often irrelevent, posts, endless trolling and hijacking of threads, and then when someone reacts, complaining and bleating. You only have to look at the post and thread counts at the top of the page to see who is making the most noise on here - white noise mostly. Some days he drives everyone away until he's on his own

I don't know about TOP - we need a care in fecking community thread. But he'd only troll that to death too

I suggest you put you own house in order.  I merely react when attacked, abused, or bullied.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

We had one of those.

I never had problems with it but some people clearly did and it was taken off line.

In the three forums I helped set up and run (two political, one trade based) we had such sections. I was moderator on the trade forum that had one.

The problem for me as a moderator on those sites was spillage of animosity allowed in there to places it wasnt.

I have no strong feelings either way. But then I can salve my injured feelings with the knowledge in real life I can deliver death from a distance that few forensic pathologists save those who taught me the method would ever realise was not an unfortunate allergy or infection, and leave no forensic evidence.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 08:44:15 AM

You just basically threatened me.

No I have not, you are a bully and a stalker, and I don't need to send someone around you house with a baseball bat.
There are legal solutions.
Do you wish to keep your access to the internet or not.
Just cease and desist, your constant bullying and ridiculing of me and stalking me.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 08:44:15 AMHere I am avoiding your posts and you reply to me directly with a threat.

And this is what happens, day in day out. Its relentless. Constant, attention seeking, often irrelevent, posts, endless trolling and hijacking of threads, and then when someone reacts, complaining and bleating. You only have to look at the post and thread counts at the top of the page to see who is making the most noise on here - white noise mostly. Some days he drives everyone away until he's on his own

I don't know about TOP - we need a care in fecking community thread. But he'd only troll that to death too

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 08:44:15 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 08:40:06 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 08:34:46 AM

I like being nice as I think you guessed but when people respond like that, as they take niceness for weakness then what can you do? I've completely ignored him for most of yesterday as per his request and now he's trying to get threatening... LOL.

The fault is with you not me.

Do they have mirrors in Cornwall? The last time you replied to me yesterday I completely ignored you because I knew you'd accuse le of harassing and stalking you.

Here I am avoiding your posts and you reply to me directly with a threat.

Be very careful about threatening people who you don't know.
Oldest trick in the book, he also threatened everyone with using other forums to create an atmosphere where he controls you through posting your front door. But is never him of course.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 08:36:24 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 08:28:14 AM

I would avoid a place like that like the plague as you might guess, and although I can sympathise with those who get really annoyed with others more through frustration than anything, I can't help feeling that we are all supposed to be adults here and if we can't control ourselves on a public forum it begs the question what on earth are we like in private.

Quite, more to the point what are they like out in public, the way I have been bullied, attacked, and harassed on this forum would have consequences out in public. Based on past experience of being verbally abused and ridiculed in a public place, I did not have time to respond, in one case the offender was thrown out into the street though a window, (luckily for him it was open,) by the customers in the pub.
Some people just do not realise how offensive they are, and when it is day after day after day, eventually they will get a reaction and a reaction they will not like.

With the greatest of respect Papy you sometimes make it very hard to love you. I try quite hard to love everyone, and we all have our foibles, but I have tried humour with you only to be jumped on that I am insulting you when I wasn't, you have insulted me several times quite unnecessarily with no attempt at any kind of apology. I don't hold grudges but respect should go two ways.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 08:40:06 AM

I like being nice as I think you guessed but when people respond like that, as they take niceness for weakness then what can you do? I've completely ignored him for most of yesterday as per his request and now he's trying to get threatening... LOL.

The fault is with you not me.

Do they have mirrors in Cornwall? The last time you replied to me yesterday I completely ignored you because I knew you'd accuse le of harassing and stalking you.

Here I am avoiding your posts and you reply to me directly with a threat.

Be very careful about threatening people who you don't know.
+++

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on September 07, 2020, 08:13:26 AM
One way 'battles' could be resolved is by pm'ing your aggravator the abuse, I guess, but the rules would need amending.

I can't blame nice folks like streetwalker for wanting a nice forum free from such though. I feel a bit bad for possibly ruining it for the likes of him and other friendly types

I would avoid a place like that like the plague as you might guess, and although I can sympathise with those who get really annoyed with others more through frustration than anything, I can't help feeling that we are all supposed to be adults here and if we can't control ourselves on a public forum it begs the question what on earth are we like in private.

Might I suggest that any forum warriors or wimps are quite different in front of their womenfolk at home and perhaps it just might be nice to see those same attributes here. If we need to let off stream then go run around the park.

Actually Toots, I was not suggesting that a gun be held to posters heads and that they be forced to contribute. My idea was of a sort of bolt hole where members could discuss matters in a free and open manner and possibly drop their trousers, strike a match and see how far the flame will reach. As said, not the place for the better sort of poster, but might be somewhere for the lesser breeds to indulge their more basic tendencies.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

The fault is with you not me. Take a good hard look at what you have been doing, stop doing it an apologise.
It is you who are at fault.  You have no idea who your nastiness is being aimed at, or the damage you are doing.
There is a limit and you have reached it. Cease and Desist.

papasmurf

Quite, more to the point what are they like out in public, the way I have been bullied, attacked, and harassed on this forum would have consequences out in public. Based on past experience of being verbally abused and ridiculed in a public place, I did not have time to respond, in one case the offender was thrown out into the street though a window, (luckily for him it was open,) by the customers in the pub.
Some people just do not realise how offensive they are, and when it is day after day after day, eventually they will get a reaction and a reaction they will not like.

Borg Refinery

One way 'battles' could be resolved is by pm'ing your aggravator the abuse, I guess, but the rules would need amending.

I can't blame nice folks like streetwalker for wanting a nice forum free from such though. I feel a bit bad for possibly ruining it for the likes of him and other friendly types

Might I suggest that any forum warriors or wimps are quite different in front of their womenfolk at home and perhaps it just might be nice to see those same attributes here. If we need to let off stream then go run around the park.

See smurf's post.

+++

Sheepy

Don't be like that Smurfy, just because we won't give you pleasure of closing down another forum. Or somewhere where you control everything said and done by others. The last couple of days it has been a pleasure watching people come to life and enjoying the place for a change.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on September 07, 2020, 08:20:02 AM

It's up to the Forum Owner to decide what they want on their forums, and if they want it decided by a poll etc, not me.

The forum owner cannot ignore terms of service or the law. A poll is a waste of time.