I am a sensitive soul but

Started by Borchester, September 07, 2020, 12:06:02 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 09:30:58 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 09:19:28 AM

Goodfellow wasn't untouchable, it was me who sorted him out within a week. short memories I guess. He tried it on with me and got what was coming, seems fair.
But he did have the backing of the then mod Sue whose username I forget, whom he was actually screwing in real life, and was best buddies with that mod from America whose name escapes me but who joined him in attacking me, thereby disgracing his position. He had managed to befriend all the mods in real life whilst trying to be a c*nt to everyone else. How calculatingly Machiavellian is that? It was mod backing for the playground bully that is ultimately why I left at the time.

I learned a lesson from those days. No forum is indispensable. It is only pixels on a screen, inhabited by pixels on a screen posting anonymously. If it becomes a source of too much angst it is time to walk away at least for a time, as I did again after a short return under a different name. I regret the rancour of that time that developed with BYT whom I actually respected. The blame for that is mine and I wish to publicly apologise to her for that - just in case she still comes here.

Hopefully we will be seeing more of BYT.

That said, if you don't want to be insulted in the proposed TOPS, don't go into it.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 09:19:28 AM

Goodfellow wasn't untouchable, it was me who sorted him out within a week. short memories I guess. He tried it on with me and got what was coming, seems fair.
But he did have the backing of the then mod Sue whose username I forget, whom he was actually screwing in real life, and was best buddies with that mod from America whose name escapes me but who joined him in attacking me, thereby disgracing his position. He had managed to befriend all the mods in real life whilst trying to be a c*nt to everyone else. How calculatingly Machiavellian is that? It was mod backing for the playground bully that is ultimately why I left at the time.

I learned a lesson from those days. No forum is indispensable. It is only pixels on a screen, inhabited by pixels on a screen posting anonymously. If it becomes a source of too much angst it is time to walk away at least for a time, as I did again after a short return under a different name. I regret the rancour of that time that developed with BYT whom I actually respected. The blame for that is mine and I wish to publicly apologise to her for that - just in case she still comes here.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 09:15:36 AMYour memory appears to be rather selective

Yours is too - there were numerous occasions when, even though I didn't agree with you, as a Moderator I fought your corner to be allowed to express your views (and contested a ban), believing that over moderation can be as bad as censorship. I had my own battles with RG and it was his own lying that caught him out in the end (logging in on a moderators account), but I fought him every fecking day as the liar and cheat he was

I don't care whether you like me - but don't ever make accusations about "walking on water" to me. You don't know all the facts, you just think you do.

T00ts

Can I just point out that before I joined this crowd two owners ago, I looked carefully at other political forums. There have been some here during that time who have scared me a  bit but on the whole I have been made to feel quite comfortable. Unless you are a woman it is possibly quite difficult to imagine how that can be, but my point is that my dip into other Forums made me quite selective. Politics and religion the two taboo subjects in normal social situations, and I am interested in both so I expected a degree of rough and tumble.

If having a free for all nasty section will change that then I vote to stay the same.

Borg Refinery

I lament the way the internet has gone to pot. It definitely used to be nicer and freer (wrt expressing opinions without being jumped on).

As someone said, Facebook is feckin horrific. I was on a politics group for a week, my word.. the head of some modern UVF offshoot arguing with some Catholic guy from Glasgae.. "are you still looking for airey neaves eyelids in the car park" "im gonna kick the beast out of you". It made this place look heavenly..... other webby places are even worse.

I admit, I do like the humour on that arrse site though,even though it is the worst thing on the whole net..probably.
+++

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 09:15:36 AM
Quote from: Thomas on September 07, 2020, 07:40:01 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 07:33:46 AM
In an earlier incarnation many years ago, this forum had such a place - The Other Place or TOP - and it was nothing but a bullies' playground. We saw good members leaving in consequence. Being able to say whatever the f**k you want to someone is clearly a bullies' paradise.

I get that we all get moments when we want to call someone a c*nt or worse, and it can be mildly frustrating to have to rein yourself in.

But the forum as a whole is better for it

You never posted on the other place on the old forum from what i remember , but you still managed to get yourself bullied on the main boards by robin goodfellow and threw your rattle out your pram  ,deleted your account with much melodrama , and ran away.

Some folk can't handle debate.

As for borkies o/p , we all feckin know who he is talking about. An individual who has trolled every thread on every forum i have ever been on for the last ten years , while running to the mods at every occassion when folk start biting back at him.
Your memory appears to be rather selective. I did post in TOP and that proved to be a mistake. An anything goes area where people can say whatever the f**k they like to each other is a bullies' paradise and a breeding ground for animosity that invariably spills over into the entire forum.

And the problem with Goodfellow was that he was untouchable, having been a c*nt to everyone except the powers that be whom he sucked up to. And in actual fact he was actually screwing one of the then mods behind her partner's back, and was best mates with another. He could get away with anything.

Several members left because of his behaviour, not just me. Including Major Sinic (where is he now?) and for a time even Cromwell. He was poison, yet powerful only because he had managed like some tin pot Machiavellian to ingratiate himself with the mods in real life.

It was interesting to note that as soon as those mods were no longer around to protect him, he ran away like the coward most bullies actually are. A big mouth with no actual backbone.

The situation was as if the playground bully had the backing and support of the teachers, but when they left the bully was too scared to turn up at school, lol.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sheepy on September 07, 2020, 09:08:26 AMLike the Dawg finally noticed this care in the community

Oh don't worry, I've known about that for a long time - its not exactly hard to figure out

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 07, 2020, 07:40:01 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 07, 2020, 07:33:46 AM
In an earlier incarnation many years ago, this forum had such a place - The Other Place or TOP - and it was nothing but a bullies' playground. We saw good members leaving in consequence. Being able to say whatever the f**k you want to someone is clearly a bullies' paradise.

I get that we all get moments when we want to call someone a c*nt or worse, and it can be mildly frustrating to have to rein yourself in.

But the forum as a whole is better for it

You never posted on the other place on the old forum from what i remember , but you still managed to get yourself bullied on the main boards by robin goodfellow and threw your rattle out your pram  ,deleted your account with much melodrama , and ran away.

Some folk can't handle debate.

As for borkies o/p , we all feckin know who he is talking about. An individual who has trolled every thread on every forum i have ever been on for the last ten years , while running to the mods at every occassion when folk start biting back at him.
Your memory appears to be rather selective. I did post in TOP and that proved to be a mistake. An anything goes area where people can say whatever the f**k they like to each other is a bullies' paradise and a breeding ground for animosity that invariably spills over into the entire forum.

And the problem with Goodfellow was that he was untouchable, having been a c*nt to everyone except the powers that be whom he sucked up to. And in actual fact he was actually screwing one of the then mods in real life behind her partner's back, and was best mates with another. He could get away with anything.

Several members left because of his behaviour, not just me. Including Major Sinic (where is he now?) and for a time even Cromwell. He was poison, yet powerful only because he had managed like some tin pot Machiavellian to ingratiate himself with the mods in real life.

It was interesting to note that as soon as those mods were no longer around to protect him, he ran away like the coward most bullies actually are. A big mouth with no actual backbone.

The situation was as if the playground bully had the backing and support of the teachers, but when they left the bully was too scared to turn up at school, lol.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Well frustrations have been aired - I am not sure how successfully. Perhaps we should all end it there before it gets worse.  :-*

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 08:59:24 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 08:57:34 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 08:45:30 AM

With the greatest of respect Papy you sometimes make it very hard to love you. I try quite hard to love everyone, and we all have our foibles, but I have tried humour with you only to be jumped on that I am insulting you when I wasn't, you have insulted me several times quite unnecessarily with no attempt at any kind of apology. I don't hold grudges but respect should go two ways.

I don't want anyone's love, this is supposed to be a debate forum, not a place where individuals are ganged up on, insulted, attacked, bullied, ridiculed and latterly stalked.
I have been outside of my property only a few times in the last  six months, and that situation will apply until there is a vaccine.
All I am asking is that the attacks, abuse , and ridicule cease, and latterly the stalking.

...and still no recognition or attempt at an apology for your behaviour.
You will wear your keyboard out first, it is all about Smurf and you don't count. Like the Dawg finally noticed this care in the community is all well and good, but he plays on it constantly.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 08:59:24 AM

What for I only react to abuse. It also not my fault is so people see things that in fact I have not written, or misinterpret them.

Borg Refinery

Papa I've been ignoring you since yesterday as per your request.

I will continue to completely ignore everything you've got to say in its entirety with considerable pleasure - you are the one who just responded to me with a threat.

Cease and desist yourself and put me on ignore, do not respond again.
+++

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 07, 2020, 08:57:34 AM

With the greatest of respect Papy you sometimes make it very hard to love you. I try quite hard to love everyone, and we all have our foibles, but I have tried humour with you only to be jumped on that I am insulting you when I wasn't, you have insulted me several times quite unnecessarily with no attempt at any kind of apology. I don't hold grudges but respect should go two ways.

I don't want anyone's love, this is supposed to be a debate forum, not a place where individuals are ganged up on, insulted, attacked, bullied, ridiculed and latterly stalked.
I have been outside of my property only a few times in the last  six months, and that situation will apply until there is a vaccine.
All I am asking is that the attacks, abuse , and ridicule cease, and latterly the stalking.

papasmurf