FT: Bojo to override WA

Started by Dynamis, September 07, 2020, 04:20:38 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 01:54:55 PM

Correct, however it would take many years of negotiation, to do so and no Tories with £signs in their eyes with no thought of the damage to the British that will currently happen.

The plot thickens pappy. So as well as hating FOM , one of the cornerstones of the eus four freedoms , you also believed the uk would leave the eu eventually?

Did you vote leave or remain in 2016?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:38:43 PM

I know, I've not suggested otherwise.

I know you havent , all im saying this northern irish and fishing issue is laughable in terms of how highly the average uk individual rates them as serious political issues.

On the other hand if the tories were to  renege on brexit , they know it would be their downfall. Even a hint of doing a deal that ties england to the eu would have farage causing havoc.

On top of that  , the snp have been making political capital out of the fact northern ireland is getting to remain in the eu , while scotland , who voted even more to remain , is not , with predictable anger among the popualtion.

I think northern ireland will be getting dragged out with the rest of us , and i have said this to gerry and conor ( our resident irish posters) for a couple of years now. N.I is just causing too much political damage for the tories to be allowed to remain , as well as the fact the GFA is unpopualr among the tories and folk like Gove in particular.

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:43:58 PM

But you stated we should leave the EU eventually, and you don't mind leaving except for the fact of the Tories fecking it up.

I remember that.

Correct, however it would take many years of negotiation, to do so and no Tories with £signs in their eyes with no thought of the damage to the British that will currently happen.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:31:52 PM

Wait.. you are your cousin? How does that work? On second thoughts.. I don't want to know.  :D

I once got asked up to a flat in maryhill to go to a party , and four of us trudged up the stairs , the guy telt us he was going to introduce us to his cousin and his wife, but there was only one person there when we went in. :D

I always said they all have webbed feet and ingrown toenails in maryhill wae all that inbreeding.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 01:15:57 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:08:26 PM

And what would you do differently if you were Prime Minister papa?

This isn't a trick question, I'm keen to know.

There would never have been a referendum in the first place because as I pointed out before the referendum, the Irish problem was always going screw up any attempt to leave Europe.

But you stated we should leave the EU eventually, and you don't mind leaving except for the fact of the Tories fecking it up.

I remember that.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 01:29:28 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:24:36 PM

I do think that line is sellable to the public in England Thomas, you'll get a lot of catch. No but seriously, I'm just pointing out the truth, I accept that whatever the Tory infighting turns up will be the final result... as England voted for em' despite pappy's great plans to poison Bojo's tea with Novichoc leibniz accompaniments, somehow don't think that'll work.

And I think solitaire confinement is a great idea personally..many, many people have said I should be confined. :)

Bojo must go to bed every night shitting himself that smurf is his number one online enemy.

Others too, some are so scared, so shat out by his snitchery that they've taken contracts out.*

QuoteThe truth is neither northern ireland nor fishing rights are going to keep england in the eu mate .

Its that feckin simple.

I know, I've not suggested otherwise.

*Phone contracts, 12 month plans for £3.99 per month.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 01:26:21 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

They are very stupid and are in the process of wrecking the country for decades.

We hang by your every word smurf.

My cousing was sent a friends request the other day from that famous pakistani  online scammer.......Amin Asdaa.

I sent him a message back saying get us a crate of stella big man.

Wait.. you are your cousin? How does that work? On second thoughts.. I don't want to know.  :D
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:24:36 PM

I do think that line is sellable to the public in England Thomas, you'll get a lot of catch. No but seriously, I'm just pointing out the truth, I accept that whatever the Tory infighting turns up will be the final result... as England voted for em' despite pappy's great plans to poison Bojo's tea with Novichoc leibniz accompaniments, somehow don't think that'll work.

And I think solitaire confinement is a great idea personally..many, many people have said I should be confined. :)

Bojo must go to bed every night shitting himself that smurf is his number one online enemy.

The truth is neither northern ireland nor fishing rights are going to keep england in the eu mate .

Its that feckin simple.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

They are very stupid and are in the process of wrecking the country for decades.

We hang by your every word smurf.

My cousing was sent a friends request the other day from that famous pakistani  online scammer.......Amin Asdaa.

I sent him a message back saying get us a crate of stella big man.

Borg Refinery

Being battered by both papa and Thomas here (not a fishing pun..unless you want it to be).

Look, Moggy's clearly a fine horse and an amenable goose to boot, how dare you question his integrity.

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 01:22:27 PM

neither mogg nor johnson is stupid.

By the way I am not from Cornwall I only live here. I have been able to spot a "wrongun," since I was ten years old and Bojo-The-Clown and Rees Mogg are both in that category.
Mogg does not have a clue of the problems of us mere mortals, his is also going to make many £millions out of a hard Brexit via Somerset Capital Management. Plus his wife is very rich.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 01:18:28 PM

I am people, because high educational achievement does not stop people being stupid.

neither mogg nor johnson is stupid.

Both mulit millionaires , highly polished politicians , one having won both a brexit ref and a general election and been elected pm.

Im not going to accept they are stupid simply because some old crank in cornwall who hates all tories says they are.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 01:15:57 PM

There would never have been a referendum in the first place because as I pointed out before the referendum, the Irish problem was always going screw up any attempt to leave Europe.

;D

and if you remember milliband back in 2015 stood on a no brexit referndum mandate ......tell me how did that go pappy?

Even the lib dems  mocked him over that stance.

All that would have done is kicked the brexit can down the road for another government to hold a referendum over , and quite possibly had farage got elected into power , he wouldnt have held a ref at all , but simply took the uk out as part of his mandate in government.

As for the irish question , dont talk crap.

All johnson has to do in that scenario is say to the northern irish , you are having a border poll , either you vote to leave the eu with us or vote to stay in the eu as part of a united ireland , problem solved.

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:03:43 PM

I'm not suggesting either him or Moggy are 'stupid' in the all encompassing sense,

I am people, because high educational achievement does not stop people being stupid.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 01:13:50 PM

We sell most of our catch abroad remember.... we don't eat it mostly (which is a shame).

shame the uk voted to leave the eu int it dyno?

Do you think we cant hard brexit cause the french wont eat our fish is really that sellable to the english public? ;D