FT: Bojo to override WA

Started by Dynamis, September 07, 2020, 04:20:38 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

QuoteWho are you, Tony Blair to talk at Boris Johnson and government??? You took the nation to war without the will of the country. A war that cost hundreds of thousands of death and millions displaced and livelihoods destroyed to this very day!!!. And in the end there were no WMD!

Quotehaven't they understood yet? Whenever Tony & John say "don't do that" everybody else wants to do it even more. And when they say "do that" everybody does the opposite. That's adaptive human capacity in learning from experience.

this is a cracker...

QuoteThese two bastions of democracy and decency who last year were begging MP to ignore the result of a democratic referendum. Now that's what the word 'hypocritical' was invented for.

QuoteBlair - took UK into an illegal war with Iraq. Major - denied public a referendum on Maastricht treaty. Integrity between them? ZERO

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on September 13, 2020, 07:54:27 PMBoris johnson must be overjoyed tony blair is being trotted out to oppose him.

It's like mid December when Michael Buble gets defrosted 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on September 13, 2020, 08:11:08 PM

As long as they are up for it I don't see why not.

With the proviso that Spain calling for free movement on the Gib border is a massive lol.
As they are the ones that keep on shutting it.

The point is though baffy its all part of spain wanting more and more "shared" responsibility over gibraltar ,and more and more creeping influence on everyday affairs of the rock.

After watching spains behavious over catalonia , if i was a gibraltarian , i would be in terror of madrid having anything to do with me.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 13, 2020, 08:01:27 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 13, 2020, 07:58:05 PM

Well he probably will be when he see the thrashing the fools are getting twitter and facebook. I don't think Tone and John will be amused though.

As i said sheep , labour are getting it tight on twitter.

The vitriol being directed at them is unbelievable.

I cannae believe how much they are hated by the english public.

As for blair and major the pr blunders by remain keep coming as they have done now for the past four years or more.

Imagine being stupid enough to broadcast tony blair opposes the uk governments actions?

FFS.
The Westminster party are sure pushing their luck.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on September 13, 2020, 06:34:22 PM
QuoteSpain pushes for Gibraltar to join Schengen area after Brexit transition ends

QuoteLONDON — The Spanish government is pushing for Gibraltar to join the passport-free Schengen zone after the Brexit transition period.

Madrid made its request at a series of meetings with representatives of the governments of Britain and Gibraltar held in the Spanish capital in recent months. The European Commission has been kept abreast of the discussions.

The British government, which handles the foreign affairs of the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, is expected to respond to the proposal in two to three weeks' time, according to EU officials.

The idea is part of Spain's strategy of "shared responsibility" with the U.K. over the Rock's affairs after Brexit. Madrid argues that 97 percent of people in Gibraltar voted Remain in 2016, and that means tailored solutions should be found to allow Gibraltar to continue to benefit from as many EU policies as possible, with freedom of movement being one of the priorities. The proposal has the backing of Gibraltar's Chief Minister Fabian Picardo

https://www.politico.eu/article/spain-gibraltar-schengen-brexit-transition/

As long as they are up for it I don't see why not.

With the proviso that Spain calling for free movement on the Gib border is a massive lol.
As they are the ones that keep on shutting it.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 13, 2020, 07:58:05 PM

Well he probably will be when he see the thrashing the fools are getting twitter and facebook. I don't think Tone and John will be amused though.

As i said sheep , labour are getting it tight on twitter.

The vitriol being directed at them is unbelievable.

I cannae believe how much they are hated by the english public.

As for blair and major the pr blunders by remain keep coming as they have done now for the past four years or more.

Imagine being stupid enough to broadcast tony blair opposes the uk governments actions?

FFS.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 13, 2020, 07:54:27 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 13, 2020, 07:42:24 PM
Hilarious.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/tony-blair-john-major-urge-072200525.html

Boris johnson must be overjoyed tony blair is being trotted out to oppose him.

Normally sheep , blairs presence is like a red rag to the uk voting public.

Mr Cummings must be feckin howling with glee.
Well he probably will be when he sees the thrashing the fools are getting on twitter and facebook. I don't think Tone and John will be amused though.  I told you fecking hypocrites, annoy the feck out of me.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 13, 2020, 07:42:24 PM
Hilarious.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/tony-blair-john-major-urge-072200525.html

Boris johnson must be overjoyed tony blair is being trotted out to oppose him.

Normally sheep , blairs presence is like a red rag to the uk voting public.

Mr Cummings must be feckin howling with glee.

Sheepy

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 13, 2020, 07:32:49 PM
QuoteSpain pushes for Gibraltar to join Schengen area after Brexit transition ends

QuoteLONDON — The Spanish government is pushing for Gibraltar to join the passport-free Schengen zone after the Brexit transition period.

Madrid made its request at a series of meetings with representatives of the governments of Britain and Gibraltar held in the Spanish capital in recent months. The European Commission has been kept abreast of the discussions.

The British government, which handles the foreign affairs of the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, is expected to respond to the proposal in two to three weeks' time, according to EU officials.

The idea is part of Spain's strategy of "shared responsibility" with the U.K. over the Rock's affairs after Brexit. Madrid argues that 97 percent of people in Gibraltar voted Remain in 2016, and that means tailored solutions should be found to allow Gibraltar to continue to benefit from as many EU policies as possible, with freedom of movement being one of the priorities. The proposal has the backing of Gibraltar's Chief Minister Fabian Picardo

More bullshite from the Spanish . The last referendum on sovereignty 2002  saw 98.7% voting to remain British . Cross border workers and trade are important to both Spain and Gibraltar but Ive not seen anything that would suggest anyone in the UK or Gibraltar are willing to accept Spain or indeed the EU as part rulers of the rock .  In the end it will be down to the Gibraltarians who to be fair that although they voted remain have accepted leave as their destiny .

A but streetwalker havent you been reading pro european labour supporters like good old on this forum earlier?

Its one rule for the europeans , and another for the british he says. Referendums only matter when its in europes interests.

Im told brexit was a "british " referendum , and we all have to abide by it , the next , im told brexit isnt a british referendum , and northern ireland is an exception.

Im told the eu can't interfere in domestic issue , then the next , the eu is interfering in northern ireland and supporting spain interfering in sovereign uk overseas terrority.( while ignoring fascist spains brutal repression of the catalans)

Some people seem to want cake and eat it it seems.

Streetwalker

More bullshite from the Spanish . The last referendum on sovereignty 2002  saw 98.7% voting to remain British . Cross border workers and trade are important to both Spain and Gibraltar but Ive not seen anything that would suggest anyone in the UK or Gibraltar are willing to accept Spain or indeed the EU as part rulers of the rock .  In the end it will be down to the Gibraltarians who to be fair that although they voted remain have accepted leave as their destiny . 

Sheepy

Probably best not to go bothering the populists as when we get involved they are very likely to get a good dose of home truths.

Thomas

QuoteThe Labour Party give up on the Working Classes over 30 years ago.
The Labour Party is a racist, Sectarian Cabal which only cares about Islamists and Blacks.

Any elected government of the UK must do everything in their power to protect the interests of their own country, not undermine it by supporting unreasonable demands made by other countries or institutions
Labour and Starmer would not just take a knee for the EU but bend over for the EU and let the EU have party

a small selection of tweets ,showing the mass anger of the uk public regarding the eu and labours support of the eu.

Labour appear yet again to be on the opposite side of the public mood.

Thomas

Thomas

The labour party being absolutely slaughtered across the twittersphere over their faux outrage regarding johnson and the eu.

The constant theme repeated time and agin is how people dread labour getting into power , taking the uk back into the eu without even a referendum ( which as we all know they hate direct democracy) and signing over powers to the eu more thanwhat they had before.

The general feeling is johnson is standing up firm for the uk against the eu.

QuoteI love it, I am overjoyed every time labour roll out a hand wringing, snivelling sycophant who resembles an extra from one flew over the cuckoos nest as an MP. Keep making Labour unelectable.
Labour: the party that was set up to defend and promote British workers' rights but now cares more about no-working and non-employable jihadists, rapists, gangsters, fake refugees and freeloading thieves.

And they wonder why don't get elected...