FT: Bojo to override WA

Started by Dynamis, September 07, 2020, 04:20:38 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 14, 2020, 08:39:35 PM
They've bee taking the piss  for 45 years

Yep , i started this process as you know mate as a lukewarm remainer. Mildly pro eu , and as you know i voted remain in 2016.

...but what i have seen over the past four years is an absolute feckin disgrace in terms of how both the eu , and remainers , especially in england , have behaved.

Im deadly serious here streetwalker.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2020, 08:14:27 PMSo you agree then This bill is not breaking international law?
As Melanie Phillips explained:
Quote from: Melanie PhillipsUnderlying this row, however, is a largely undiscussed conundrum. This is the existence of two kinds of law in potential conflict with each other: domestic UK law passed by the UK parliament, and international law.

By international law, we mean what countries promise each other in the treaties they sign. Breaking those treaties is most certainly an act of bad faith. It is not, however, to "break the law" in the same way as breaking domestic law, because domestic law and international law involve two different concepts.

In a democracy, a country's citizens have a duty to obey domestic law. That's because the law of the land is anchored in a democratic system reflecting the will of the people through the legislature they elect and the laws it passes. That's why the domestic courts have unchallengeable jurisdiction to police those laws and punish those who break them.

International law, by contrast, is nebulous and contested. That's because it is not anchored in any democratic jurisdiction. It is instead a theoretical construct created from — among other sources — a conceptual amalgamation of treaties signed between states.

As a system of law, it therefore has a different status from domestic law. And in any conflict between international and domestic law, the concepts of democracy and national sovereignty mean domestic law must take precedence.

However the left would have us believe that this nebulous "international Law" trumps our own, which, of course, used to be the case as EU law trumped our own.
Now it does not as Gerry has said, we've left so we don't have to put up with our laws being trumped any more.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 14, 2020, 08:24:22 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2020, 08:01:06 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 14, 2020, 07:53:28 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 14, 2020, 07:42:05 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 14, 2020, 07:22:41 PM

, and there will be no deal for NI, much to their shame. It could well prove a slap in the face of all those that lost lives, and loved ones in those sad days

Im still laughing good old that the micks hink ed milliband is some political beast coming to their saviour.

This is the guy who shat himeslf to have an in out european referendum in the first place , ( unless there was a treaty change leading to the transfer of you much beloved westminster sovereignty from westminster to brussells ,) now being touted as the last gasp saviour.

While your man starmer is back in hiding. :D

More cheese gromit?
When the remainers are screaming about policy, you know the EU has been caught red handed trying to pull a flanker. International law my backside,  it is exactly what they did with everything we tried to push through Parliament after the referendum, until we sacked them, next time they are all getting sacked, they didn't believe they were getting their P45's the last time.

Exactly, no international law is being broken. We are merely giving our selves a choice if the Cartel tries to hamstring us, it's a UK law.

The EU doesn't like it hands the subject of a border in Ireland to them, THEY either build or don't build.

How many top Tory lawyers  have to tell you international law will be broken, if this bill is past and implemented.
Even loud mouth Cox, who has fought the brexit corner at the dispatch box..There will be no choice . If there is no deal on the  table. Proving a complete  lack of integrity with this ploy , can leave the EU little  choice  other than to call it a day.
Tell us what they like, they are born liars acting on behalf of the EU.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

They've bee taking the piss  for 45 years

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on September 14, 2020, 08:24:22 PM

How many top Tory lawyers  have to tell you international law will be broken, if this bill is past and implemented.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on September 14, 2020, 08:18:23 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 14, 2020, 08:12:14 PM

Milliband,  can't save NI now , they are at the mercy of a  Tory party prepared to  be disingenuous , law busting , In an exercise , to leave NI in a position that they thought was left in the past. And most certainly something they would never vote for.
Starmer has the threat of Covid in his house.  Not a very clever remark on your part . But very much in keeping with what you think worth sharing with us.

Im not trying to be clever. I absolutely detest that man starmer , and im saying no can't notices the difference regarding wether he is isolating or not. I have been telling you for months on here the guy is missing without leave , and all you have done  , then as now , is make excuses for him.

As for northern ireland , its intersting to see what the uk `s david frost is saying about barniers tweets.

QuoteThe EU's position is that listing is needed for Great Britain only, not Northern Ireland. So if GB were not listed, it would be automatically illegal for NI to import food products from GB

QuoteYet it has been made clear to us in the current talks that there is no guarantee of listing us. I am afraid it has also been said to us explicitly in these talks that if we are not listed we will not be able to move food to Northern Ireland.
On 3rd country listings: the EU knows perfectly well all the details of our food standards rules because we are operating EU rules. The situation on 1.1.21 is accordingly perfectly clear. We have discussed this frequently with the EU including last week.

https://twitter.com/DavidGHFrost

quite clearly his inference is the EU is taking the piss , while as ever you labour types are running around with your white flags taking the eu side against your own.

If they are taking the piss, don't break law, have your integrity questioned. Instead let the world know what it is you want ,get arbitration if needed. ,tell  the EU straighten this out . and walk if they don't. It's that simple. This is the last resort of a rogue. Every school yard bully has pulled this stroke. The  victim won't hit him so he gives them a shove so as to extract  the first punch. I this case it will the  EU telling Boris, to piss off at which point Boris, and Cummings  will celebrate.

Thomas

and the usual piss taking.....

Thomas

QuoteWe are not breaking any laws, the EU is. We signed the WA with a promise of a FTA, negotiated in good faith. Threatening to cut food to a part of the UK if we don't oblige and submit to their laws in the future, is not negotiating in good faith, imo.

QuoteSurely this wouldn't have been necessary if the EU had negotiated in good faith.
Thank God their arrogance caused them to allow a fly on the wall documentary which followed them in private meetings.
They truly showed their colours when they said they would exploit Ireland.

There appears to be a lot of anger out there at the minute against the eu over all this.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2020, 08:01:06 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 14, 2020, 07:53:28 PM

, and there will be no deal for NI, much to their shame. It could well prove a slap in the face of all those that lost lives, and loved ones in those sad days

Im still laughing good old that the micks hink ed milliband is some political beast coming to their saviour.

This is the guy who shat himeslf to have an in out european referendum in the first place , ( unless there was a treaty change leading to the transfer of you much beloved westminster sovereignty from westminster to brussells ,) now being touted as the last gasp saviour.

More cheese gromit?
When the remainers are screaming about policy, you know the EU has been caught red handed trying to pull a flanker. International law my backside,  it is exactly what they did with everything we tried to push through Parliament after the referendum, until we sacked them, next time they are all getting sacked, they didn't believe they were getting their P45's the last time.

Exactly, no international law is being broken. We are merely giving our selves a choice if the Cartel tries to hamstring us, it's a UK law.

The EU doesn't like it hands the subject of a border in Ireland to them, THEY either build or don't build.

Even loud mouth Cox, who has fought the brexit corner at the dispatch box..There will be no choice . If there is no deal on the  table. Proving a complete  lack of integrity with this ploy , can leave the EU little  choice  other than to call it a day.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2020, 08:14:27 PM

So you agree then This bill is not breaking international law?

What is does appear to be doing is bypassing the devolved government of Scotland and taking power back to Westminster.  That will cause trouble.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on September 14, 2020, 08:12:14 PM

Milliband,  can't save NI now , they are at the mercy of a  Tory party prepared to  be disingenuous , law busting , In an exercise , to leave NI in a position that they thought was left in the past. And most certainly something they would never vote for.
Starmer has the threat of Covid in his house.  Not a very clever remark on your part . But very much in keeping with what you think worth sharing with us.

Im not trying to be clever. I absolutely detest that man starmer , and im saying no can't notices the difference regarding wether he is isolating or not. I have been telling you for months on here the guy is missing without leave , and all you have done  , then as now , is make excuses for him.

As for northern ireland , its intersting to see what the uk `s david frost is saying about barniers tweets.

QuoteThe EU's position is that listing is needed for Great Britain only, not Northern Ireland. So if GB were not listed, it would be automatically illegal for NI to import food products from GB

QuoteYet it has been made clear to us in the current talks that there is no guarantee of listing us. I am afraid it has also been said to us explicitly in these talks that if we are not listed we will not be able to move food to Northern Ireland.
On 3rd country listings: the EU knows perfectly well all the details of our food standards rules because we are operating EU rules. The situation on 1.1.21 is accordingly perfectly clear. We have discussed this frequently with the EU including last week.

https://twitter.com/DavidGHFrost

quite clearly his inference is the EU is taking the piss , while as ever you labour types are running around with your white flags taking the eu side against your own.

Nick

Quote from: Good old on September 14, 2020, 08:12:14 PMStarmer has the threat of Covid in his house.  Not a very clever remark on your part . But very much in keeping with what you think worth sharing with us.

It's a bit of humour, hence the emoji.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 14, 2020, 08:10:25 PMand acted upon.

So you agree then This bill is not breaking international law?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

More cheese gromit?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 14, 2020, 08:01:06 PMExactly, no international law is being broken. We are merely giving our selves a choice if the Cartel tries to hamstring us, it's a UK law.

Well you can take that line but the UK are breaking international law if this bill is passed and acted upon. The Eu will take a measured response. Brexit couldn't have gone any worse for the UK.