Djokavic out of US open

Started by T00ts, September 07, 2020, 11:04:54 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 09:08:12 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2020, 08:49:36 PM
Is it not normal practice to get rid of any balls you may have at the end of your serve ?  That he fired his spare ball behind him and it hit the woman was an accident . She as a match official should have been watching the players not whatever it was that distracted her attention .

I think he was hard done by but regardless , if your in a sporting arena that involves balls dont complain when your hit by one

That's not what happened. He had disputed a call and was miffed. He hit the ball without looking as he walked across the back of the court to restart play. It was an angry move and is of couse a disqualification act. Tim Hen man apparently did a similar things years ago with the same outcome. Djokavic will lose all the prize money thus far and ranking. He knew better and was angry.

Well OK if thems the rules but I think my point stands that in a place where balls are flying about wether struck in anger or not its up to you to make sure you avoid them .

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 07, 2020, 08:49:36 PM
Is it not normal practice to get rid of any balls you may have at the end of your serve ?  That he fired his spare ball behind him and it hit the woman was an accident . She as a match official should have been watching the players not whatever it was that distracted her attention .

I think he was hard done by but regardless , if your in a sporting arena that involves balls dont complain when your hit by one

That's not what happened. He had disputed a call and was miffed. He hit the ball without looking as he walked across the back of the court to restart play. It was an angry move and is of couse a disqualification act. Tim Hen man apparently did a similar things years ago with the same outcome. Djokavic will lose all the prize money thus far and ranking. He knew better and was angry.

Streetwalker

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 07, 2020, 11:04:54 AM
I can be a bit of a tennis freak when the mood takes me and was a bit surprised that Djokavic showed his temper, ending up getting disqualified purely for lack of self control. There it is again - my mantra of the moment.

I think the consequences of his actions were well deserved and he was lucky that the lady hit in the throat didn't suffer worse than she did. He does seem to be growing in arrogance particularly after he wilfully organised his tournament where so many contracted Covid 19 including himself recently. Perhaps at 33 he is beginning to sense age catching up with him and as he has been in a bit of a race against Nadal and Federa in recent years perhaps desperation is rearing its ugly head. Hopefully this will bring his ego back into line.

I like tennis but usually only bother with Wimbledon. IIRC Djoko made some horrifying comments about the genocide his country was involved in and I have no time foe him, it's a bit sickening that he's a big sportsman but I don't agree with 'cancel culture'.

At the same time, this hardly surprises me. He is clearly a nasty sociopath or something.
+++

T00ts

I can be a bit of a tennis freak when the mood takes me and was a bit surprised that Djokavic showed his temper, ending up getting disqualified purely for lack of self control. There it is again - my mantra of the moment.

I think the consequences of his actions were well deserved and he was lucky that the lady hit in the throat didn't suffer worse than she did. He does seem to be growing in arrogance particularly after he wilfully organised his tournament where so many contracted Covid 19 including himself recently. Perhaps at 33 he is beginning to sense age catching up with him and as he has been in a bit of a race against Nadal and Federa in recent years perhaps desperation is rearing its ugly head. Hopefully this will bring his ego back into line.