Main Menu

Facts about Covid-19

Started by Barry, September 08, 2020, 10:21:59 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2020, 03:12:37 PM

That is a good point. I always put a mask on when I get on the bus so as not to worry the driver and then take it off in the hope of breathing on Pappy. But I have still only used three or four since this nonsense start. Who are these folk who are throwing them away as though they were not coming from China and doing terrible damage to the trade balance?

Borchester  your attempts at levity are not bloody funny, I am shielding for as long as it takes for a vaccine to be available.
You seem totally unable to understand if I catch Covid-19 I have a 90% chance of dying due to age and pre-existing conditions. (Some of which are none of your damned business.)
You are not being funny at all, quite the opposite.
If you think I am going anywhere near a bus full of potential plague carriers you can think again.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2020, 03:12:37 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 03:04:25 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2020, 02:59:35 PM

Frankly I hope angry passengers throw you off of the bus whilst it is still moving.

Mind you dont trip over all those dirty facemasks that are laying around everywhere pappy.

That is a good point. I always put a mask on when I get on the bus so as not to worry the driver and then take it off in the hope of breathing on Pappy. But I have still only used three or four since this nonsense start. Who are these folk who are throwing them away as though they were not coming from China and doing terrible damage to the trade balance?

We use the cloth ones borkie , but the paper masks are blowing around everywhere.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 03:04:25 PM

Frankly I hope angry passengers throw you off of the bus whilst it is still moving.

Mind you dont trip over all those dirty facemasks that are laying around everywhere pappy.

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2020, 02:46:53 PM

This sunshine has brought on my hay fever so I am going to do my Rosa Parks act. I will sit at the front of the bus, wheezing and coughing and farting while the rest of the passengers cower at the back.  :)

Mmh, well if it makes you happy Pappy. But would that not violate the two metre rule?
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

papasmurf

This sunshine has brought on my hay fever so I am going to do my Rosa Parks act. I will sit at the front of the bus, wheezing and coughing and farting while the rest of the passengers cower at the back.  :)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: HDQQ on September 11, 2020, 05:09:01 PM
It's not a red herring but perhaps that's lost on you. People are risk-takers in some parts of their lives and risk-averse in others.

Because 99.9% of people don't suffer catastrophic house fires doesn't mean that house fires are not a serious problem for those affected by them.

Becoming seriously ill or dying from Covid-19 is not one of those one-in-ten-million things like being struck by a falling meterorite or winning the lottery jackpot.

No, it is a 1 in 1500 chance and cowering under the bed from fear of a head cold is not only uneconomic, it is embarrassing.

The buses as I recall in north london are so bizarre, you're more likely to be beamed up by aliens or abducted by werewolves than anything else.

But you'd still get the driver demanding they swipe their oyster cards, werewolf or not.
+++

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on September 11, 2020, 05:09:01 PM
It's not a red herring but perhaps that's lost on you. People are risk-takers in some parts of their lives and risk-averse in others.

Because 99.9% of people don't suffer catastrophic house fires doesn't mean that house fires are not a serious problem for those affected by them.

Becoming seriously ill or dying from Covid-19 is not one of those one-in-ten-million things like being struck by a falling meterorite or winning the lottery jackpot.

No, it is a 1 in 1500 chance and cowering under the bed from fear of a head cold is not only uneconomic, it is embarrassing.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2020, 01:37:12 PM

If there was 100% compliance with the regulation the country could have gone back to work months ago.

Why?

Are you saying if everyone "complied" the virus would have disappeared?

Is that what you are hinting at pappy?

Yet  i keep reading this virus isnt going to go away. In fact , the tory mp ian duncan smith for example said the spanish flu from 1918 is still circulating the globe today.

This virus , one way or the other , is going to work it s  way through every human being on this planet. Moaning about a small minority not complying with regualtions wont change that fact.

Borg Refinery

Oh you mean a day trip to Eastbourne? Not been there in a while..thank gawd.
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on September 11, 2020, 05:40:24 PM"and with the current fashion for battering people no matter what they do"

Well, we are always going to moan and 'batter' any govt whatever they do, that's how it goes. It's just a matter of degree.

Sorry. For a moment there I thought you were going to go off on one of those self loathing day trips. Or that you'd spent too many nights in Osnabruck  :D

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 11, 2020, 09:22:45 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 10, 2020, 11:55:21 PMWe are English, what do you expect?

*****[splutters coffee all over screen]*****

What?

"and with the current fashion for battering people no matter what they do"

Well, we are always going to moan and 'batter' any govt whatever they do, that's how it goes. It's just a matter of degree.
+++

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on September 11, 2020, 11:11:09 AM
Quote from: Barry on September 11, 2020, 10:15:13 AM
There are 7,811 million people in the world. After almost a year, this virus has not killed 1 million worldwide.
Meanwhile, 97 million babies have been born this year. For goodness sake, get some perspective.

If you knowingly take your car on a long journey with a defective tyre, the chances are it won't burst. Even if it does burst, you probably won't have a crash and even if you do crash, statistically you probably won't be injured or killed. Is that an argument for not bothering about tyre safety?
No, I always check my tyres, especially before a long journey and every time I fill up with petrol. Got any more red herrings?
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2020, 01:14:20 PM
Quote from: Borchester on September 11, 2020, 01:04:41 PM

You need to get out more Pappy.

It is too bloody dangerous to do so, I am shielding until the local GP practice tells me otherwise.
The other problem is the carnage on the local roads, the tourists seem not to know how to drive either.
You making light of the situation makes me bloody angry. I have a 90% chance of dying if I catch Covid-19 and your constant idiocy does not help at all.

Everything makes you angry Pappy.

Your doctor is not going to give you the all clear because he knows that if anything goes wrong you will squeal like a stuck pig and demand that he be struck off.

Go outside and dig the garden. Build a barbecue pit. Fix a motor bike. Get some sunshine on your bones. Let us face it. We are both in our 70s and living on borrowed time so we might as well have some fun before we go.
Algerie Francais !