Arrested for praying

Started by Barry, November 01, 2019, 08:43:30 PM

« previous - next »

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4990 time=1573323918 user_id=69
Protests have taken place outside that Clinic or a regular basis for over a year , that is why the Council had to do something the Court Order was contested and the protesters and appealed against its issue but lost the appeal.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/aug/21/council-ban-on-protests-outside-abortion">https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/au ... e-abortion">https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/aug/21/council-ban-on-protests-outside-abortion...

I think the local residents the people working in the clinic or those who were attending the clinic may well strongly disagree with you

Ah but it hinges on human rights law. You have a legal right to express your view to others, no matter how objectionable the others view it as. If you do not like hearing what others think then tough cheese because that's the law, and it operates over any national law or what a national judge can decide. If you are doing this by blocking a road to a hospital so it threatens the life of emergency cases then of course they can get a court order for these problems, but they can not get one because they disagree with the views of the Christians, even if the staff get upset by them. They will simply have to grow up a bit before engaging in employment.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4977 time=1573320904 user_id=98
Day after day? What? Where did it say that?

And I disagree, they should have just left him well enough alone as he did NO ONE any harm whatsoever.

Protests have taken place outside that Clinic or a regular basis for over a year , that is why the Council had to do something the Court Order was contested and the protesters and appealed against its issue but lost the appeal.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/aug/21/council-ban-on-protests-outside-abortion">https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/au ... e-abortion">https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/aug/21/council-ban-on-protests-outside-abortion...

I think the local residents the people working in the clinic or those who were attending the clinic may well strongly disagree with you
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Churchill

There is no comparison whatsoever

He was not taken to Court have you not followed this thread ? even if he had been innocent until proven guilty is a right we all have, personally I think it is highly likely he wanted his day in Court for publicity reasons to further his cause
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4962 time=1573318416 user_id=69
I think fairness was used the protest outside the clinic had been happening for a long time, would you tolerate that all day every day outside your home? I think you would not like it.

Protest had been permitted for long enough they had made their point but somebody in authority had to call a halt to it at some point to on behalf of the local residents, fairness all round not one sided.

Yes well interestingly a similar thing happened in Tiananmen Square. The lead up to it was this road to the square where the protestors had blocked the authorities for two weeks. The authorities tried everything and they would not go, so they slowly moved their vehicles forwards to make them go and the protestors near to the tanks got crushed, whilst those in the crowd further back tried to stay put!

It's a case of intransigence. Actually if that happened in the EU the authorities would have a right to quell the protest because there is a  clause in the freedom of expression where the state should not be hindered in carrying out its lawful duties, i.e. protest that destabilises the government is not protected. This chap could probably challenge the court order and if successful he would be innocent, because there is no compulsion to follow an illegal order. It hinges on whether he was disruptive in some way, which it is unlikely he was.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4974 time=1573320493 user_id=69
Peaceful Protest is perfectly acceptable which I support, but there is a limit to how long it can go on for in the case a long time day after day as I understand it

As I said earlier in the thread they could have removed him out of the zone, however if he was asked which I think he probably was and refused the Police are obliged to comply with the Court Order and enforce it if they want to or not.

Day after day? What? Where did it say that?

And I disagree, they should have just left him well enough alone as he did NO ONE any harm whatsoever.
+++

Churchill

Peaceful Protest is perfectly acceptable which I support, but there is a limit to how long it can go on for in the case a long time day after day as I understand it

As I said earlier in the thread they could have removed him out of the zone, however if he was asked which I think he probably was and refused the Police are obliged to comply with the Court Order and enforce it if they want to or not.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4962 time=1573318416 user_id=69
I think fairness was used the protest outside the clinic had been happening for a long time, would you tolerate that all day every day outside your home? I think you would not like it.

I'd rather that than druggies, 'bruvs' and troublemakers 'all day everyday outside' my house, plus incessant loud banging, shouting and general pish as has often been the case!

QuoteProtest had been permitted for long enough they had made their point but somebody in authority had to call a halt to it at some point to on behalf of the local residents, fairness all round not one sided.

I disagree that they went about it properly. They could have dealt with it much better.
+++

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4958 time=1573317273 user_id=98
Precisely - and God provides.

Acquittal.

He did not even get taken to Court , CPS later withdrew their charge

Churchill

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4956 time=1573317231 user_id=98
There you go Churchy ...on your own lawn..;) Fairness is all that's asked for here.

Protest had been permitted for long enough they had made their point but somebody in authority had to call a halt to it at some point to on behalf of the local residents, fairness all round not one sided.

Churchill

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=4955 time=1573317095 user_id=74
Yes, it is the classic victimless crime, or what is often called persecution. Jesus experienced the same thing with the Romans.

No the protest had been going on for so long in front of the clinic which as I understand it is in a residential area local residents had by all accounts had enough it was impacting on their lives and well being , not a victimless crime

Therefore the local Council who are the custodians of all our public spaces and respsobibsle for them had to convince a Court of Law to issue a banning  order to stop people protesting in a zone directly outside the Clinic, basically nuisance free zone.

This man obviously deeply religious  knew that a ignored the Court Order,  so basically he caused his own arrest

Borg Refinery

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=4955 time=1573317095 user_id=74
Yes, it is the classic victimless crime, or what is often called persecution. Jesus experienced the same thing with the Romans.

Precisely - and God provides.

Acquittal.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4951 time=1573316189 user_id=69
I would let him do so for a short time being a nice Northern lad , then ask him politely to leave and do on it on his own lawn :)

There you go Churchy ...on your own lawn..;) Fairness is all that's asked for here.
+++

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4943 time=1573314460 user_id=98
The idea of anyone being arrested for praying, to me just increases their grace- and the persecutor is paid in stored up wickednesses on the ol tab.

patman post

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4950 time=1573316157 user_id=98
Idk if anyone posted this before but the charges got dropped:

Man arrested for praying outside abortion clinic sees case against him collapse

A man who was arrested after praying outside an abortion clinic has had charges against him dropped after officers failed to caution him before his arrest.

Christian Hacking was arrested on 8 August after kneeling to praying aloud in front of the Marie Stopes clinic in Ealing, west London.

The clinic was the first in the UK to be covered by a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) – which specifically bans "engaging in any act of approval or disapproval" towards abortion outside the facility – including prayer.

Bodycam footage shows Mr Hacking ignoring officers while praying for god to "end the shedding of innocent blood" and to "have mercy upon the mothers".

Mr Hacking, who tells officers he broke his back several years prior and has used a wheelchair since, is then lifted and carried into a police van – however he is not told of his charge before being lifted away and placed in the cell in the back of the vehicle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-praying-abortion-clinic-arrest-london-marie-stopes-ealing-a9181551.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 81551.html">https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-praying-abortion-clinic-arrest-london-marie-stopes-ealing-a9181551.html

When there are murders, GBH etc going on London's streets and the ol bill are busying themselves with paraplegics praying outside an abortion clinic, and not even causing any kind of trouble, you know this country has gone down the pan.

Seriously...........

The fact Police are not able to follow correct procedure is perhaps more worrying...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Churchill

I would let him do so for a short time being a nice Northern lad , then ask him politely to leave and do on it on his own lawn :)