My son has just been stopped by the police for carrying a gun

Started by Borchester, September 08, 2020, 10:48:57 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

There's no doubt about it Borchester...this place would be a lot duller without you  :D :D :D

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 09, 2020, 08:15:46 AM
Ban him from the house Borky . I know where your coming from ,you do your best, private schools , buy them a motor at 17 ,teach them how to kick the underlings and grovel to kings and they let you down big time .

I hope he was let off with a caution though ,no need to take it any further as he obviously wasnt planning to go inside and steal anything ,  was he ?

Well there you are SW. It was all a misunderstanding.

The thing is that my lad has a heart of gold but is as tight as a duck's arse.

But he seems to have outsmarted himself this time. Apparently he came out of Iceland whereupon a couple of coppers grabbed his arms and cuffed him while the third said, "Good evening sir. We believe that you may have committed an offence under section 5 of the firearms act of 1968 etc etc because some has reported seeing you putting a gun into your bag..."

So they shook him down and discovered that the alleged firearm was in fact a tube of Iceland's tomato puree. So the police apologised and my lad said that there was no need and it was nice to see that the lads were on the ball and finally the lovefest broke up and all parties went their separate ways.

But the thing is, had this happened at Waitrose the management would have probably bustled over and plied him and Plod with cakes and ale by way of apology. And at Marks and Sparks some one would have been bound to say, "So, you understand the electric computers? Mmh, maybe we can do a little business."

But at Iceland all they do is say so you weren't carrying a gun? Well, maybe if I have a word with my mate I can get you one..

As the old saying goes, penny wise, pound foolish.

I wonder if I can get arrested in Waitrose? I really fancy one of their Chocolate Viennese Mousse cakes.

It did answer one question which is what do you say if you are stopped by the police. According to my lad you note that there are three of them with Glock 17s and Tommy guns and that in such a case he felt that the correct response was yes sir, no sir and three bags full sir. 
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: Dynamis on September 09, 2020, 11:18:48 AM
Quote from: Good old on September 09, 2020, 11:07:18 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 08, 2020, 10:48:57 PM
Outside Iceland.

I mean, no one can call me a snob, but Iceland?

There is a Waitrose or even a Marks and Spencer a few minutes up the road but no, my boy has to let the side down.

That sounds as if you have just awoke, with laptop in hand , and recorded your recent dream. Please don't record whatever else was in hand.

..A gun?

Spoil sport! His weapon maybe?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Good old on September 09, 2020, 11:07:18 AM
Outside Iceland.

There is a Waitrose or even a Marks and Spencer a few minutes up the road but no, my boy has to let the side down.

That sounds as if you have just awoke, with laptop in hand , and recorded your recent dream. Please don't record whatever else was in hand.

..A gun?
+++

Good old

Outside Iceland.

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 09, 2020, 10:50:13 AM
That's sounds about bizarre enough for north london, yep.

I wouldn't be surprised if they found there was PCP in the frozen fish fingers which would explain a lot of the bizarre behaviour at and outside Iceland in Stoke Newington too.

But where is any link to the incident?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

That's sounds about bizarre enough for north london, yep.

I wouldn't be surprised if they found there was PCP in the frozen fish fingers which would explain a lot of the bizarre behaviour at and outside Iceland in Stoke Newington too.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 09, 2020, 10:37:06 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 09, 2020, 09:20:04 AM
Is there some context to this thread please?

Of course there is , Borky is in a state because his son has let him down big time , show some support man .

Not without some context and information. It might just be a wind up.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 09, 2020, 09:20:04 AM
Is there some context to this thread please?

Of course there is , Borky is in a state because his son has let him down big time , show some support man .

papasmurf

johnofgwent

did you not explain to him that just because you were required to wear a mask to enter one was not expected to go the whole bank robber nine yards ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Ban him from the house Borky . I know where your coming from ,you do your best, private schools , buy them a motor at 17 ,teach them how to kick the underlings and grovel to kings and they let you down big time .

I hope he was let off with a caution though ,no need to take it any further as he obviously wasnt planning to go inside and steal anything ,  was he ?

Borchester

Outside Iceland.

Algerie Francais !