Blackmailing USA?

Started by T00ts, September 10, 2020, 11:27:00 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2020, 10:36:41 PMWhat has the thread got to with the Provo and their fund raising activities in the Boston area?
Precisely. What does this thread got to with the Provo and their fund raising activities in the Boston area?

I'm explaining that because many people in the US donated money in good faith to alleviate hardship in Northern Ireland, they are now worried their funding will be squandered. How you may consider their money was actually used does not concern them...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 11, 2020, 10:14:40 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2020, 09:24:41 PMYou have just modulated (True to form) to a whole new subject of NorAid. That has nothing to do with getting a deal with the US.
No.
I have just identified the reason so many US politicians are representing the concerns many of their voters have with Johnson's current cavalier stance on the Northern Ireland Protocol...

What has the thread got to with the Provo and their fund raising activities in the Boston area?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2020, 09:24:41 PMYou have just modulated (True to form) to a whole new subject of NorAid. That has nothing to do with getting a deal with the US.
No.
I have just identified the reason some US politicians are representing the concerns many of their voters have with Johnson's current cavalier stance on the Northern Ireland Protocol...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 10, 2020, 12:29:30 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 10, 2020, 12:00:58 PMWhy is that so different to the EU that we have suffered for so long?
Surely if you believe that, you should welcome the idea that the USA may refuse to enter into a trade deal with the UK?

It should be remembered that Irish-Americans (and others) have pumped millions (possibly billions) of dollars into Northern Ireland good causes over the decades — and, despite the Loyalist and Telegraph spin to the contrary, it wasn't donated with the intention to buy armalites and Semtex...

You have just modulated (True to form) to a whole new subject of NorAid. That has nothing to do with getting a deal with the US.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2020, 01:57:27 PMWell you did ask:-

Far more at link:-

https://mbio.asm.org/content/9/2/e00540-18.full

Viable-but-Nonculturable Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella enterica Serovar Thompson Induced by Chlorine Stress Remain Infectious
But we're talking chicken, not chlorine-washed spinach...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2020, 11:14:56 AMIt won't be labelled.  Apparently the Americans don't want the Stars and Stripes flag on any of the crap food they want to send us.
Seems unlikely. Look at and news footage of food supplies being delivered to famine struck parts of the world and it's noticeable how many of the sacks and boxes carry the three letters USA...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 11, 2020, 01:48:43 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2020, 11:34:40 AMchlorination on the stuns the bug that make people ill/die.
I presume you mean "only stuns", but if you do please provide a link, as my belief is that chlorine kills bacteria, not just stuns them to wake up later and go on the rampage.

Well you did ask:-

Far more at link:-

https://mbio.asm.org/content/9/2/e00540-18.full

Viable-but-Nonculturable Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella enterica Serovar Thompson Induced by Chlorine Stress Remain Infectious
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 11, 2020, 11:34:40 AMchlorination on the stuns the bug that make people ill/die.
I presume you mean "only stuns", but if you do please provide a link, as my belief is that chlorine kills bacteria, not just stuns them to wake up later and go on the rampage.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 11, 2020, 11:26:15 AM

Don't see the problem —

There is a very big problem, chlorination on the stuns the bug that make people ill/die.
So a load of chickens from America could test negative when the are in fact positive. Then there is the problem of chemicals in American food products that have been banned in Europe/Britain in some cases for decades. Then there is growth hormone it meat.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 10, 2020, 07:10:13 PM
Quote from: Good old on September 10, 2020, 03:47:09 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 10, 2020, 02:48:21 PM
Well there will either be a trade deal with the USA or their wont .  We will see whats on offer when its on offer but generally they are  up for free trade deals which are the way forward rather than protectionist trade blocs

The US, believe in being top dog. It's fairly simple really it's not imperialism in the traditional sense, just a demand they make which amounts to do it our way , because we will not do it yours , unless that is , a threat you face is a threat to us.
All we have ever got from the US was a pat on the head, conducted with strict adherence ,to creating huge financial profit   for them , whilst bolstering their own security.
When the UK was still trying to develop as a viable developer in aviation , and many fields of high tec, it was the US that usually did everything it could to scupper British, projects , especially if they had fallen behind in the particular field.
The only deal you will ever get with the US, is if it is strongly in their favour.  Trump, will make sure that all we get will be another pat on the head.

Well thats fair enough , all trade deals are for the benefit of all concerned and you are not going to agree one if you are not getting something out of it . Does it really matter if the other guy is getting more than you are when everyone is a winner ?

Reminds me of a job I did years ago.

Someone I knew was renovating some offices and wanted the ceilings painted. Which looked to be a sod of a job because the ceilings were filthy and covered in scroll work and would have taken forever with a brush. So I gave the guy a price and said that I wanted to be paid in cash as soon as the job was done. And the guy said no worries, whereupon I got going.

I used a spray gun and had the job done in half the expected time. And then I approached the contractor who said oh, he did not realise that I would be so quick. And I replied well there you are. You have gotten the job done at a price you like and I have effectively doubled my money so we are both winners and if you would settle up I would be much obliged.

And he said, mmh.

I was a lot fitter in those days and nowhere near as warm and cuddly as I am today and the contractor finally shelled out but he was not happy.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on September 11, 2020, 11:00:00 AMI suppose you could try not eating unchlorinated chicken?
Don't see the problem — commercial kitchens (and ours) are mostly cleaned with chlorine-based bleach. So if it's OK for food preparation surfaces it's unlikely to harm the raw food itself.
Greater problems arise with irradiated food. This arrests the putrefaction process, but doesn't eliminated the resulting toxins...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 11, 2020, 11:00:00 AM

I suppose you could try not eating unchlorinated chicken?

It won't be labelled.  Apparently the Americans don't want the Stars and Stripes flag on any of the crap food they want to send us.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2020, 07:25:41 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 10, 2020, 07:10:13 PM

Well thats fair enough , all trade deals are for the benefit of all concerned and you are not going to agree one if you are not getting something out of it . Does it really matter if the other guy is getting more than you are when everyone is a winner ?

It does when the NHS has been sold to American health insurance companies, and unlabelled as to country of origin chlorine washed chicken, lagged with growth hormone and agrichemicals meat is on our supermarket shelves.

I suppose you could try not eating unchlorinated chicken?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 10, 2020, 08:27:12 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 10, 2020, 08:23:58 PM

Put a bet on us winning the Olympic basketball  gold in  2048  .

That assumes there will be an Olympics in 2048.

Its in Paris