Main Menu

Rule of six.

Started by papasmurf, September 11, 2020, 03:08:43 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2020, 08:52:37 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 11, 2020, 07:35:47 PM
Quote from: HDQQ on September 11, 2020, 05:01:31 PM
It doesn't include people in the same family or household - but why anyone would want to meet Jacob Rees-Mogg at any time is totally beyond me!
I would like to meet Rees-Mogg in some back alley, armed with a crate of rotten eggs.

I'd like you to meet him in a boxing ring, instead of the cowardly act you suggest.
I chose not to advocate physical violence because - foolishly it appears - I assumed the mods would object. Hence limiting my actions to the throwing of a few rotten eggs. Nothing particularly cowardly about that. I might make him angry, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

It doesn't include people in the same family or household - but why anyone would want to meet Jacob Rees-Mogg at any time is totally beyond me!
I would like to meet Rees-Mogg in some back alley, armed with a crate of rotten eggs.

I'd like you to meet him in a boxing ring, instead of the cowardly act you suggest.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

He appears to have lost his horse.

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 11, 2020, 07:59:25 PM

Now why would that be? I find him intelligent and rather amusing even if he is constrained by his background. I just have a job seeing why Rees-Mogg could cause anybody to be that angry about him.

Just watch him when he makes comments in the House of Commons.

Sheepy

Now why would that be? I find him intelligent and rather amusing even if he is constrained by his background. I just have a job seeing why Rees-Mogg could cause anybody to be that angry about him.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

This is yet another example of guideline law, a law that is little more than a de facto guideline due to it's unenforceability. I mean are the police going to be knocking on doors at random and demanding entry to ascertain how many people are there? And they would need a warrant to gain entry anyway. And if there were more than 6 they'd have to investigate whether or not  they are all from the same household.

Can anyone imagine the police spending their time doing this? Because I can't.

In cases where people are holding noisy parties and get reported it might have some utility but it is otherwise virtually unenforceable.

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Right rule of six, Jacob Rees Mogg has six children, so that is 8 people in the house, (assuming he has no servants,) who is he going to kick out?