Rule of six.

Started by papasmurf, September 11, 2020, 03:08:43 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 11:14:27 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 11:11:15 AM

Don't be so melodramatic. That is highly unlikely. I am not a snitch.

I am not being melodramatic, I am asking a serious question. Only criminals usually use the term snitch.

Well, we are all your friends here Pappy so I think we should point out that snitches end up in ditches.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 11:40:07 AM
For example, most snitching or grassing attempts to the DWP turn out to be groundless and are just people venting their prejudices.

That is exactly why such reporting should not be anonymous. The vast majority of such calls to the DWP are malicious, and the innocent victims should be given the name of who has maliciously reported them. It should also be a criminal offence like wasting police time, so the DWP can take appropriate action.
(In my experience the malicious people have multiple targets.)

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 11:26:29 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 11:24:30 AM
It was frequently used at school by people who were not criminals, so don't talk emotionally loaded crap.

It isn't crap. the term along with grass is more often than not used by people who are up to something and don't want to get found out.
It is a term generally used to refer to anyone reporting anyone else for something, not just criminals. For example, most snitching or grassing attempts to the DWP turn out to be groundless and are just people venting their prejudices. Reporting people for petty things creates a society that is worse than the problems being reported. What next? Mass reporting of people doing 35 in a 30mph zone? Snitching on someone dropping a cigarette butt on the ground? Do you want the kind of society where we are all spying on each other and reporting each other for any tiny transgression, and constantly looking over our shoulders all the time? Neighbour on neighbour suspicion and mistrust? Because if that is what you want I suggest you go find some fascist state to live in.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 11:24:30 AM
It was frequently used at school by people who were not criminals, so don't talk emotionally loaded crap.

It isn't crap. the term along with grass is more often than not used by people who are up to something and don't want to get found out.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 11:14:27 AM

I am not being melodramatic, I am asking a serious question. Only criminals usually use the term snitch.
It was frequently used at school by people who were not criminals, so don't talk emotionally loaded crap. I am not spying on and reporting on my neighbours just to please you or the pigging government. I am not going to become some Stasi style spy for you or anyone else. If my neighbours annoy me with loud parties and shit I might report them for that reason, but if they are minding their own business I will mind mine, thank you very much.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

HDQQ

As I say, while the restrictions are a good idea, they have a whiff of 'punishment' about them, like we're all being punished for actions of people who ignored the rules over the last few months. I mean people who flocked to beaches, went on demonstrations or attended illegal raves. (I hasten to add that, in normal circumstances, with no pandemic, I'd not be averse to attending an illegal rave myself!)

When they come out and say no more than 6 people can be in a pub, restaurant, place of worship, workplace, bus or railway carriage at any one time, then we'll have some consistency.  The rule of 6 should apply everywhere except essential services like supermarkets and hospitals, where the restriction would cause more problems than it would solve.

I read that 'mingling' is not allowed, so a group of 4 people cannot stop and chat to another group of 3 people in the street.

. . . BUT. . . Is there any rule that forbids a day-long house party where there are no more than 6 people present at any one time but with people coming and going, a total of 50 people attend during the day?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 11:01:43 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 10:56:36 AM

Me neither. I am not going to turn into some government snitch, in spite of their best efforts to encourage us all to spy on each other and report each other to the authorities. I will not play my part in turning us into a Stasi state where we are all spying on and reporting each other.

Even if people die as a result of your inaction?

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 10:56:36 AM

Me neither. I am not going to turn into some government snitch, in spite of their best efforts to encourage us all to spy on each other and report each other to the authorities. I will not play my part in turning us into a Stasi state where we are all spying on and reporting each other.

Even if people die as a result of your inaction?

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on September 15, 2020, 10:22:59 AM

Barry

Well, I certainly won't be reporting any groups of 7 or more.

Let it go!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 14, 2020, 11:07:56 PM
Quote from: cromwell on September 14, 2020, 10:50:16 PMSame problem for Snow White 
I heard that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy.

I heard they were all in the bath feeling Happy. Happy got out so they all felt Grumpy.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on September 14, 2020, 11:07:56 PM
Quote from: cromwell on September 14, 2020, 10:50:16 PMSame problem for Snow White 
Well her house of multiple occupancy needs to evict two of them or she's in trouble.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †