Main Menu

Rule of six.

Started by papasmurf, September 11, 2020, 03:08:43 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on September 21, 2020, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 21, 2020, 07:27:37 PM
Barry - I am confused. In the beginning I thought you were pro any means possible to halt Covid. Since you had it you have changed your viewpoint it seems. Do the numbers in places like Madrid not worry you? Surely if the number of infections continue as they are here we could well slip back into the mayhem of earlier this year? Not tomorrow of course but the Government messed about last time until too late isn't it better to try and slow it earlier rather than too late?
I've changed my view on this as time has gone by. It's not only ladies who are allowed to change their minds.
My changing view has been based on the effects seen close up. Also by the figures which I have been posting in the covid facts thread.
I have not had the virus according to the NHS who say I have no antibodies. I only thought I had.
In any case, we can't "halt" the virus in the hope of a vaccine, as the Oxford vaccine is producing some very nasty side effects, I hear!
My view is now that people should act sensibly, but thaat the government should stop trying to nanny us or legislate to slow down a virus which cannot be seen.
Their methods have been far too damaging to our economy, our freedoms and our mental and physical health.
The hospitals are now virtually empty. We don't need to protect the NHS any more, the NHS needs to get back to doing its job of looking after us and our health.
You are not dealing with the government, they just are mouthpieces for half baked experts who change their view daily and the government not actually having a clue what they should do, go along with it, who then the media and Starmer blame the government. Absolute bollox.Starmer would be listening to and mouthpieceing for the exact same experts.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 21, 2020, 07:27:37 PM
Barry - I am confused. In the beginning I thought you were pro any means possible to halt Covid. Since you had it you have changed your viewpoint it seems. Do the numbers in places like Madrid not worry you? Surely if the number of infections continue as they are here we could well slip back into the mayhem of earlier this year? Not tomorrow of course but the Government messed about last time until too late isn't it better to try and slow it earlier rather than too late?
I've changed my view on this as time has gone by. It's not only ladies who are allowed to change their minds.
My changing view has been based on the effects seen close up. Also by the figures which I have been posting in the covid facts thread.
I have not had the virus according to the NHS who say I have no antibodies. I only thought I had.
In any case, we can't "halt" the virus in the hope of a vaccine, as the Oxford vaccine is producing some very nasty side effects, I hear!
My view is now that people should act sensibly, but thaat the government should stop trying to nanny us or legislate to slow down a virus which cannot be seen.
Their methods have been far too damaging to our economy, our freedoms and our mental and physical health.
The hospitals are now virtually empty. We don't need to protect the NHS any more, the NHS needs to get back to doing its job of looking after us and our health.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on September 15, 2020, 04:50:33 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 10:56:36 AMI am not going to turn into some government snitch, in spite of their best efforts to encourage us all to spy on each other and report each other to the authorities. I will not play my part in turning us into a Stasi state where we are all spying on and reporting each other.
That's the reason often given for why Neighbourhood Watch schemes don't take off round here...

My horrible Tory neighbour was part of that in Stokey, absolute nazi in every way and hated by everyone (as she was a bit screw loose).

Other than that, it was extremely snobby middle class white stoke newingtonistas from what I saw, I of course was not even slightly interested.

The Jewish community in Stamford Hill started their own watch-policing schele called Shomrim since 2008.
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 15, 2020, 05:39:09 PM

If you are being damaged by a forum, switch it off, Simples.

I will NOT be forced out, bullied out, or harassed out by people who need badly to change their behaviour. They are bloody disgraceful.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 05:37:59 PM
Quote from: Barry on September 15, 2020, 05:35:36 PM

And you would be a hypocrite to ever report a post that is said to be a personal attack after that comment.

Nothing hypocritical about it, he keeps on and on and on and on, ridiculing me, completely oblivious to the damage he is doing.
If you are being damaged by a forum, switch it off, Simples.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 15, 2020, 05:35:36 PM

And you would be a hypocrite to ever report a post that is said to be a personal attack after that comment.

Nothing hypocritical about it, he keeps on and on and on and on, ridiculing me, completely oblivious to the damage he is doing.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on September 15, 2020, 11:19:01 AM. . . BUT. . . Is there any rule that forbids a day-long house party where there are no more than 6 people present at any one time but with people coming and going, a total of 50 people attend during the day?
Think you've found a loophole, Duck.

† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 02:24:12 PM

Borchester is frankly a callous unfeeling bastard.

Perhaps there's one rule for forum jesters and another for forum pedants and pessimists.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 15, 2020, 04:50:33 PM

That's the reason often given for why Neighbourhood Watch schemes don't take off round here...

That is because the naysayers know nothing about Neighbourhood Watch.  The type of person they assume is in it, is in fact not welcome.

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2020, 10:56:36 AMI am not going to turn into some government snitch, in spite of their best efforts to encourage us all to spy on each other and report each other to the authorities. I will not play my part in turning us into a Stasi state where we are all spying on and reporting each other.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 02:14:09 PMI didn't like children when I was one.
That would only be understandable if you were an only child, and had only yourself to judge others by...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 15, 2020, 02:45:01 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 15, 2020, 02:14:09 PM

hadn't you warmed to them by the time you were two or three?

No, as time passed, the more I disliked them.