Infamy, Infamy: Tory rebels want T May led Brexit Uprising vs Boris's EU WA Plan

Started by Dynamis, September 12, 2020, 10:23:22 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on September 12, 2020, 01:57:57 PM
With Surrender May as your leader....
You aren't going to put up much of a fight, now are you?

Apparently even the government of sudan was digging each other in the ribs and laughing at the thought of theresa may coming to do a trade deal with them. President moussa joked about theresa having to ask her bosses permission in brussels. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Baff

With Surrender May as your leader....
You aren't going to put up much of a fight, now are you?

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 12, 2020, 01:09:10 PM

Don't hold back Thomas!   ;D ;D ;D ;D  I gather you didn't like her!

Seriously toots , nothing to do with her as a person , purely an extremely poor politician and PM.

How many times did she throw people under a bus for her own mistakes?

The torygrpah warned us all of her record , and they were proven correct.

If she is leading some rebellion against bojo , he and his pals must be wetting themselves in laughter.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2020, 12:18:21 PM

Well she smiles a lot,never explains herself and must have a pair of yellow stockings and some cross garters lying around. She would make a great  Malvolio for Twelth Night.  :)

LOL borkie , member she came up to jockland to give a press conference in an empty shed in rural perthshire?

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 01:07:02 PM
Quote from: T00ts on September 12, 2020, 12:14:18 PM
Now hang on before you all start on Theresa. She had the PM job at the worst possible moment and was commandeered by avid remainers and was a lady. BJ is proven not a gentleman but a maverick is what we need just now. If Theresa has been asked to lead the last gasp of the appeasers they must think she can do it. They know it will fail so nothing is lost and since she won't be there anyway she won't be put in yet another hot seat. Just don't be nasty about Theresa, she had a rotten job was severely bullied by the EU, and if I remember right she didn't even have to go to the last vote in the leadership battle. The rest chickened out.

Toots i fully stand by all that i have ever said about theresa may. Nothing to do with her being a female , she simply wasnt up to the job , and is one of the poorest politicians i have ever seen.

I said the same thing about corbyn.

She was elected by the tories as being at the time a compromise for the different factions. The telegraph if you remember did a cracking article on her time as home secretary before her coronation , ( which eventually had to be pulled) and it was a damning indictment of the woman. Every word in that article came to be true.

The worst pm in modern uk history in my opinion.( i thought brown was bad , but she really was the scrapings from the bottom of the barrell.)

Don't hold back Thomas!   ;D ;D ;D ;D  I gather you didn't like her!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 12, 2020, 12:14:18 PM
Now hang on before you all start on Theresa. She had the PM job at the worst possible moment and was commandeered by avid remainers and was a lady. BJ is proven not a gentleman but a maverick is what we need just now. If Theresa has been asked to lead the last gasp of the appeasers they must think she can do it. They know it will fail so nothing is lost and since she won't be there anyway she won't be put in yet another hot seat. Just don't be nasty about Theresa, she had a rotten job was severely bullied by the EU, and if I remember right she didn't even have to go to the last vote in the leadership battle. The rest chickened out.

Toots i fully stand by all that i have ever said about theresa may. Nothing to do with her being a female , she simply wasnt up to the job , and is one of the poorest politicians i have ever seen.

I said the same thing about corbyn.

She was elected by the tories as being at the time a compromise for the different factions. The telegraph if you remember did a cracking article on her time as home secretary before her coronation , ( which eventually had to be pulled) and it was a damning indictment of the woman. Every word in that article came to be true.

The worst pm in modern uk history in my opinion.( i thought brown was bad , but she really was the scrapings from the bottom of the barrell.)

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on September 12, 2020, 12:07:54 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 12, 2020, 10:23:22 AM
Conservative rebels want Theresa May to lead a Brexit rebellion against Boris Johnson's plan to break international law and rip up his deal with the EU

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-conservatives-want-theresa-may-to-lead-brexit-rebellion-2020-9?r=US&IR=T

I think that this could almost be enjoyable to watch if... the country wasn't destroying itself as the amateur Shakespearean theatrics playout.

Theresa May?

;D

Well she smiles a lot,never explains herself and must have a pair of yellow stockings and some cross garters lying around. She would make a great  Malvolio for Twelth Night.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

It's not nice to see the country taking a deep dive into a nice open sewer, which is exactly what is happening as we enter the 2nd wave, nevermind any other knock-on effects like NDBrexit.

Not sure I find the Tory infighting funny anymore, as it tears the countrie(s) apart and causes great division, loss of economic confidence.. everything. As dozy Doris tries his utmost to threaten the EU with the determination of a baby snub nosed capuchin...

The answer is.. who knows what the answer is, who knows what the question is either. These things are going to play out and cause so many problems, and we are nearly powerless to alter it.

+++

T00ts

Thomas

Conservative rebels want Theresa May to lead a Brexit rebellion against Boris Johnson's plan to break international law and rip up his deal with the EU

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-conservatives-want-theresa-may-to-lead-brexit-rebellion-2020-9?r=US&IR=T

I think that this could almost be enjoyable to watch if... the country wasn't destroying itself as the amateur Shakespearean theatrics playout.

Theresa May?

;D

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2020, 11:51:48 AM
Quote from: Good old on September 12, 2020, 11:22:22 AM
Quote from: Borchester on September 12, 2020, 10:57:16 AM

Oh my, it would be like asking her to lead the Light Brigade against the British guns. And poor dozy Doris is just the girl to do it.

I thought Boris had cancelled Christmas but it looks as though the pantomime season has started early  :)

The whole country has had a ,Light Brigade, attitude for far to long. Hence Boris. ,prancing in front of the EU guns sabre in hand on his charger, desperately trying to encourage a last futile attempt to actually crack the EU s secure position.
The pantomime season started five years ago. We approach the second act.

I admit that the idea of the remainers waiving the white flag and then expecting to be taken seriously has a certain comic element, but I can't see where Boris has gone wrong. He has ramped up his demands and if he does not get what he wants then he will just walk away with no deal, which the bulk of his core support are happy with anyway.

Reading the foreign press the main response seems to be that BoJo is a treacherous sod, which is pretty much a given anyway. But other than squealing Perfidious Albion every time matters aren't to their liking I can't see what come back the EU has.

So, sod the lot of them. Walk away, trade on world trade terms and abolish this Chinese flu before it screws up Christmas.

Oh yes please. If we still had a dancing emoji I would litter this post with them. Any chance Nick?

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on September 12, 2020, 11:22:22 AM

Oh my, it would be like asking her to lead the Light Brigade against the British guns. And poor dozy Doris is just the girl to do it.

I thought Boris had cancelled Christmas but it looks as though the pantomime season has started early  :)

The whole country has had a ,Light Brigade, attitude for far to long. Hence Boris. ,prancing in front of the EU guns sabre in hand on his charger, desperately trying to encourage a last futile attempt to actually crack the EU s secure position.

I admit that the idea of the remainers waiving the white flag and then expecting to be taken seriously has a certain comic element, but I can't see where Boris has gone wrong. He has ramped up his demands and if he does not get what he wants then he will just walk away with no deal, which the bulk of his core support are happy with anyway.

Reading the foreign press the main response seems to be that BoJo is a treacherous sod, which is pretty much a given anyway. But other than squealing Perfidious Albion every time matters aren't to their liking I can't see what come back the EU has.

So, sod the lot of them. Walk away, trade on world trade terms and abolish this Chinese flu before it screws up Christmas.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Is anyone selling choc ices? Theresa won't be there for the vote apparently so won't visibly head it up.

Barry

T. May has shown that she couldn't lead a donkey, let alone a revolt against her PM with a majority of 78.
† The end is nigh †

Good old