Main Menu

Best age?

Started by T00ts, September 13, 2020, 03:19:09 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 14, 2020, 01:22:26 PM
All stages of life has its plus and minus but I guess being kid without a care in the world apart from which of your pals are down the rec for a kickabout is hard to beat . Nobody had a watch let alone a phone , we went home when it got dark

Good point, although that does depend on having a home worth going to. I was always lucky in that, but I am always surprised by the number of youngsters who didn't.

But as Deppity said, I woke up alive today and that is pretty good.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

All stages of life has its plus and minus but I guess being kid without a care in the world apart from which of your pals are down the rec for a kickabout is hard to beat . Nobody had a watch let alone a phone , we went home when it got dark

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 13, 2020, 10:25:58 PM
I look back to 1976 .... I never had as much disposable income as I had that year, and I never will again.

And thank god there were no police choppers with infra red cameras in 1977...

For me that would be from 1972-1979. Around £7500 a year net income, never got even close to an equivalent of that again.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on September 13, 2020, 04:52:50 PM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 13, 2020, 04:35:10 PM
The age I am now. And tomorrow it will be that one.

But if I had to chose...twenty nine. Young enough to still be able to, but not yet old enough to know better  ;D
LOL that made me laugh. My better half said why are you riding bikes again, so I said if I want to go out with a bang it is still my choice.

I was out on my bike today. It was fab.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Best not talk about choppers at your age, John.

johnofgwent

I look back to 1976 .... I never had as much disposable income as I had that year, and I never will again.

And thank god there were no police choppers with infra red cameras in 1977...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 13, 2020, 04:35:10 PM

But if I had to chose...twenty nine. Young enough to still be able to, but not yet old enough to know better  ;D
LOL that made me laugh. My better half said why are you riding bikes again, so I said if I want to go out with a bang it is still my choice.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

T00ts

For the sake of a bit of light relief amidst all the angst of fighting for freedom from the EU while facing imprisonment because otherwise bugs will rule the world,  I was reading that apparently the age of real misery is 48 but that life gets better in the 70s.

Now when I was 48 I was in love and loved, my kids were flying and successful, and I still felt strong fit and delectable. Now when I am supposed to be at a happy point, I am, but certainly not more than then.

Now perhaps for some it is something to look forward to. How many do? Any thoughts on the best age just to confound the silly experts?