Disgusted, But What Next?

Started by Scott777, November 01, 2019, 10:21:01 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Kicking the can down the road will be tolerated by the Brexiteers, I'm sure, especially as they have been given an election to look forward to.

I wonder what the reaction might be if the country were told point blank that we are not leaving, because that is how it is starting to look, regardless of the election result. We will have just another bunch of stooges.
† The end is nigh †

Stevlin

The Public Sector should indeed be reduced  - and our MPS benefits are long past overdue....but making dramatic cuts to the public sector is far more difficult than in the private sector...., for a start, there is no obsession with 'profit'.....or even with expenditure control.....as we frequently see with the likes of the HS2- MPs salaries and perks continuing with their profligate ways etc.

The number of MPs is far too great. The percentage of the public that require an MP representation is a very small percentage of the population.....and as for the HoL......!!****@@@~~~....enough said.

Baron von Lotsov

I think I'm beginning to suss out what all this is about. I've been spending some time assessing economics in the global sense and what is happening to various markets, and how things are changing. Looking from the outside of this country and listening to those in other countries is giving me the idea that if we did leave the EU then it would necessarily create a condition where to survive we would have to institute nothing short of revolutionary changes in this country. It would be like all hands on deck situation, either sink or swim. To swim we would have to do a radical programme of deregulation, and slash jobs in the state sector of a social nature. The country would have to be far more business-like and inevitably there would be a lot on the scrap heap. That would include the majority of our MPs and their stupid misguided ways. It is for this reason they cling to the old system with their life. Normally in politics you have options, but economic forces of the free market would dictate to them. For us it would be great, because we would be part of that market, so it will end up the will of the people. Many who work in government at the moment are not doing anything the people derive value from. They will be jettisoned. Millions of the bleeders, like Thatcher's dole queues, but not from industry this time but state sponsored jobs.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=3630 time=1572714980 user_id=59
:hattip

Indeed, and someone only recently claimed the Telegraph to be pro-Brexit.  In reality, just propaganda to make us think Boris is genuine, but he clearly never was.

Well I never,I guess I was right again then.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Scott777

And something else that I've heard, though haven't investigated - something that Boris signed where, if the EU happens to go bankrupt, the UK is liable to bail it out.  This wouldn't surprise me.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=3536 time=1572662145 user_id=74
I said he was a liar when nearly everyone else seemed to think he was superman, not including your good self of course, but that's what the Telegraph & co were saying and believed by many forumers. I said, look at his track record of honesty. Also look at his father and what he did. In short he's a bloody Europhile.

:hattip

Indeed, and someone only recently claimed the Telegraph to be pro-Brexit.  In reality, just propaganda to make us think Boris is genuine, but he clearly never was.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Barry post_id=3527 time=1572648444 user_id=51
https://www.melaniephillips.com/nightmarish-election-dilemma/">//https://www.melaniephillips.com/nightmarish-election-dilemma/

If BoJo goes to the country promising to deliver this deal, he will be promising merely a hologram Brexit, a chimaera Brexit, an Orwellian-Shrodinger's-cat-Humpty-Dumpty-saw-the-lady-in-half-Peter-Pan-in-Neverland-legerdemain Brexit – which, thanks to the spineless so-called "Spartan" Brexiteers in parliament, he can pass off as Getting Brexit Done.

I don't think a Tory win  is a cert by any means. The opposition parties only have to keep digging at the total failure of the Tories to deliver Brexit.

This despite the promises of David Cameron, Theresa May and now Boris Johnson.

When will the country realise that the Tories have had 3.5 years to get us out of the EU, but are hoping to do the hokey cokey deal, where we'll be in out in out shake it all about?

I'm still resolute to leave, but with the FPTP system, the 10% vote for the Brexit party would mean it is a wasted vote.

In a nutshell, you've got a point, Scott and I don't have a proper answer. If the Tory plan is to get a new deal or leave without one, maybe they'll get my vote. I just do not know.  ]

I think we should all be very careful before voting for this guy.  I said Theresa May could not be trusted long before her sabotage, and I've been very wary of the current typical Tory.

Thomas

Quote from: Javert post_id=3587 time=1572697194 user_id=64
  It was at that point that Labour agreed to an election.

Turkeys voting for christmas springs to mind javert.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Javert

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=3520 time=1572646861 user_id=59
I hate having to ask, given that we should have left AGAIN.  I can't help noting the lack of news coverage on what actually happened.  Boris asked for extension, they said yes, but when was the extension made?

Regarding an election, it seems to me fairly simple.  Boris seems against working with Farage, and I can only come to one conclusion.  He knows it damages his chances, so I must assume he doesn't really want Brexit.  And, of course, where was his big plan to avoid extension?  After saying he would rather be dead!  Stinks of Theresa May Number 2 (as I suspected all along).

The extension was completed and signed off by the PM with a properly signed letter.  It was at that point that Labour agreed to an election.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=3520 time=1572646861 user_id=59
I hate having to ask, given that we should have left AGAIN.  I can't help noting the lack of news coverage on what actually happened.  Boris asked for extension, they said yes, but when was the extension made?

Regarding an election, it seems to me fairly simple.  Boris seems against working with Farage, and I can only come to one conclusion.  He knows it damages his chances, so I must assume he doesn't really want Brexit.  And, of course, where was his big plan to avoid extension?  After saying he would rather be dead!  Stinks of Theresa May Number 2 (as I suspected all along).

I said he was a liar when nearly everyone else seemed to think he was superman, not including your good self of course, but that's what the Telegraph & co were saying and believed by many forumers. I said, look at his track record of honesty. Also look at his father and what he did. In short he's a bloody Europhile.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Nick

Quote from: Barry post_id=3527 time=1572648444 user_id=51
https://www.melaniephillips.com/nightmarish-election-dilemma/">//https://www.melaniephillips.com/nightmarish-election-dilemma/

If BoJo goes to the country promising to deliver this deal, he will be promising merely a hologram Brexit, a chimaera Brexit, an Orwellian-Shrodinger's-cat-Humpty-Dumpty-saw-the-lady-in-half-Peter-Pan-in-Neverland-legerdemain Brexit – which, thanks to the spineless so-called "Spartan" Brexiteers in parliament, he can pass off as Getting Brexit Done.

I don't think a Tory win  is a cert by any means. The opposition parties only have to keep digging at the total failure of the Tories to deliver Brexit.

When will the country realise that the Tories have had 3.5 years to get us out of the EU, but are hoping to do the hokey cokey deal, where we'll be in out in out shake it all about?

I'm still resolute to leave, but with the FPTP system, the 10% vote for the Brexit party would mean it is a wasted vote.

In a nutshell, you've got a point, Scott and I don't have a proper answer. If the Tory plan is to get a new deal or leave without one, maybe they'll get my vote. I just do not know.  ]

People know who have been blocking Brexit and hopefully they will all be looking for jobs come the GE. I don't believe Boris will carry the can for what Soubry and her mates have done. I think the Tories will get a majority.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

In a nutshell, you've got a point, Scott and I don't have a proper answer. If the Tory plan is to get a new deal or leave without one, maybe they'll get my vote. I just do not know.  :shrg:
† The end is nigh †

Scott777