Extreme poverty ‘will double by Christmas’ in UK because of Covid-19

Started by Dynamis, September 14, 2020, 09:47:37 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 06:09:46 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 05:13:50 PM
The mid 00's was my favourite time really..

I can play a few 80's songs on guitar anyway, and I like 80's synths... I've got a fairlite cmi emulator which was used by a lot of the new romantic-y guys.

Out of 80's stuff I'd say the Bowie, Floyd and David Sylvian stuff is my favourite, but then there's Ry Cooder and stuff.

do you play dyno?

I play drums , played pubs all round west central scotland , and today i dabble with the bass guitar.

Im into rock , punk pretty much most music from bob marley ( srbs favourit )to U2 . from niravana and metallica to pink floyd.

Some good  stuff from the eighties ( well i was only a wean unlike all you auld yins oan here  ;)) , pretty much from most decades  , and the only thing i can't stand is rap music.
You like Pink Floyd and can't stand rap.

At least we agree on something right there.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 06:09:46 PMthe only thing i can't stand is rap music.

Well, rap music with a broad Glaswegian accent would be something different I guess  :D

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 05:13:50 PM

I can play a few 80's songs on guitar anyway, and I like 80's synths... I've got a fairlite cmi emulator which was used by a lot of the new romantic-y guys.

Out of 80's stuff I'd say the Bowie, Floyd and David Sylvian stuff is my favourite, but then there's Ry Cooder and stuff.

do you play dyno?

I play drums , played pubs all round west central scotland , and today i dabble with the bass guitar.

Im into rock , punk pretty much most music from bob marley ( srbs favourit )to U2 . from niravana and metallica to pink floyd.

Some good  stuff from the eighties ( well i was only a wean unlike all you auld yins oan here  ;)) , pretty much from most decades  , and the only thing i cant stand is rap music.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 05:13:50 PMOut of 80's stuff I'd say the Bowie, Floyd and David Sylvian stuff is my favourite, but then there's Ry Cooder and stuff.

I don't know mate. I was either too pissed or too knackered most of the time to know what was going on  ;) ABC, Human League, Heaven 17, Joy Division, Madonna, Wham, Duran Duran, it was all that kind of stuff in the clubs from what I remember. Its what I don't remember that worries me  :D

Borg Refinery

+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 05:00:33 PMNot a fan of new romantic stuff at all.

I'll think of a suitable way to pigeonhole myself in the near far future soon

I loved the 80s era. Loads of Squaddies full of testosterone, German bars full of confused sexuality and the morality of sin, that 80s (Brit) stuff on full bore all the time, the odd one or two Lesbian bouncers called "Jack" or "Charlie" (for Borchesters wanking material) , and a whole lot of drink. What's not to like?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 05:02:54 PM
anyway ,  av just taken the batteries out of my Carbon Monoxide alarm, the loud beeping was giving me a headache and making me feel sick and dizzy!

..oxygen starvation that'd explain some of your recent posts then .. 😜

(J/k).
+++

Thomas

anyway ,  av just taken the batteries out of my Carbon Monoxide alarm, the loud beeping was giving me a headache and making me feel sick and dizzy!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 20, 2020, 04:52:32 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 02:45:07 PMSo the overall message from skim reading the above messages I got is: extreme poverty will double by Christmas because of skanky transsiberian lesbo's in swalecliff invading the labour party who have yet to grow up in their factional politics so ner ner ner ner ner? 

You need to chose a victim group if you want to get on in life now, General? Going on some of Rob Roys previous posts, I suggest "misunderstood new romantics"?

Not a fan of new romantic stuff at all.

I'll think of a suitable way to pigeonhole myself in the near far future soon. :)
+++

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 04:53:28 PM

You need to chose a victim group if you want to get on in life now, General? Going on some of Rob Roys previous posts, I suggest "misunderstood new romantics"?

;D

He has a large "Roxy Music" collection allegedly

Thomas

;D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 02:45:07 PMSo the overall message from skim reading the above messages I got is: extreme poverty will double by Christmas because of skanky transsiberian lesbo's in swalecliff invading the labour party who have yet to grow up in their factional politics so ner ner ner ner ner? 

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 04:01:41 PM

Isn't Borkie the 'forum jester'?

Although the way you wind everyone up, I'm thinking it's you. 😜

i hate everycant , so dont take it personal dyno. :D

heres one for you....

To the bloke who stole my antidepressants, I hope that you're happy now. ;D

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 03:58:55 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 03:13:26 PM
< trying to keep up.

Ok, so the latest skim read (the messages are coming thick and fast now) tells me:

Thomas is an agony aunt of dubious sexuality who keeps asking susan boyle if his 'dynorod' is working on a sunday afternoon, as he needs it to work to infiltrate lefty political circles at uni so he can be the scottish kim philby. 🤔

Just to add into the confusion....

A clown opened  a door for me today.

I thought it was a nice jester.

What do you call a singing lap top?

A Dell.

( i`ll get ma coat.) :)

Isn't Borkie the 'forum jester'?

Although the way you wind everyone up, I'm thinking it's you. 😜
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 03:13:26 PM
< trying to keep up.

Ok, so the latest skim read (the messages are coming thick and fast now) tells me:

Thomas is an agony aunt of dubious sexuality who keeps asking susan boyle if his 'dynorod' is working on a sunday afternoon, as he needs it to work to infiltrate lefty political circles at uni so he can be the scottish kim philby. 🤔

Just to add into the confusion....

A clown opened  a door for me today.

I thought it was a nice jester.

What do you call a singing lap top?

A Dell.

( i`ll get ma coat.) :)