Extreme poverty ‘will double by Christmas’ in UK because of Covid-19

Started by Dynamis, September 14, 2020, 09:47:37 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 08:09:54 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 06:38:01 PM
and getting me all read up about Scot history and lending me loads of books. :D)

which parts of scotlands history are you reading about dyno?

I've got about 4 books all of which purport to cover everything ever (don't they all?) which have bookmarks in them.

However, what really fascinates me is the really early history when they had the world's most unique alphabet and were literally the 'painted ones'. That's also the most obscure.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 20, 2020, 08:29:41 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 08:19:36 PMSRB is doing a quarter for 30 quid deppity , or he can get you some serious grass .

I dont do drugs mate unfortunately , so youll have to make do wae a couple of crates  lager , a few punch ups and a sing along later.

That'll do fer me. Reminds me of that old Wedding tradition about not marking the Bridegrooms face, so go easy on SRB  ;D

Still, I reckon General Dynamics will have a toke or six  ;)

So do i deppity.  :D

I've been told I should do drugs, it would make me less of an uptight prick. :D

However, I think I'm mad enough that drugs would have no effect.  :D
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 08:19:36 PMSRB is doing a quarter for 30 quid deppity , or he can get you some serious grass .

I dont do drugs mate unfortunately , so youll have to make do wae a couple of crates  lager , a few punch ups and a sing along later.

That'll do fer me. Reminds me of that old Wedding tradition about not marking the Bridegrooms face, so go easy on SRB  ;D

Here deppity read this one over on the paddy site.

All about cancel culture , apparently one of the irish MLA`s had to apologise for once dressing up as mr T from the A team FFS. ;D :D Is this a wing up or something? :D

Howling.

The world has gone feckin mad.

https://sluggerotoole.com/2020/09/20/paula-bradshaw-admits-to-dressing-up-as-mr-t-i-pity-the-fool-and-other-politicians/#more-132599

I imagine my reaction to the tweet was the same as most people – I laughed. In fact, it was one of the best laughs I have had in months – it still makes me smile writing this.

While the episode is pretty funny there is a deeper issue at stake here. It chimes into our modern obsession of cancel culture and social media mobs descending on people for the most minor infractions or perceived slight.

The modern politician must be an automaton with no emotions or desires. They should have the banalest careers possible, preferably no career and instead have worked 'for the party.'

This is a serious issue as it further discourages people from getting involved in politics – it is no exaggeration to say it is a major threat to democracy. Why would any sensible person subject themselves to the potential of Nolan on one side and the Twitter mob on the other?

I never thought I would say this, but my advice to politicians would be to be more like a certain representative for North Antrim, tell them all to f*ck off. Politicians dramatically overestimate the importance of social media. Social media is not your constituency. I would go one further and advise politicians not to do social media at all. Save your sanity and get off it.

Ignore the mob, they will soon move on to their next victim. The only thing you should concern yourself with is your constituents, not the anonymous trolls on Twitter.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

An undercover  scottish polis  called at my farm in the sticks yesterday evening...

"I need to inspect your farm for illegally grown drugs", he said.

"By all means officer, just don't go in that field over there", I replied.

The polis exploded, saying "Do you know who the feck I am?! I have the authority of the government with me!", he shouted before pulling a badge out of his back pocket, "Do you see this modded badge?! This badge means I can do what I want and I'll go wherever the modded I want, have I made myself clear?!"

I nodded politely, apologised, and went about my work. A short while later, I hear loud screams, looked up and saw the polis running for his life being chased by my angry bull. With each step, the bull was gaining ground and he seemed sure to be gored before he reached safety. The officer looked terrified and continued to run for his life.

I threw down my tools, immediately ran to the edge of the fence and shouted at the top of my lungs,

"Yer  badge, show him your f**ing badge!"

Thomas

So do i deppity.  :D

DeppityDawg

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 20, 2020, 08:17:03 PM
Feck me, wait while I get my Mouth Organ...its the Rob Roy/Dynamics "Love-in", lets all have a spliff and sing along  ;D ;D ;D

;D :D

SRB is doing a quarter for 30 quid deppity , or he can get you some serious grass .

DeppityDawg

Feck me, wait while I get my Mouth Organ...its the Rob Roy/Dynamics "Love-in", lets all have a spliff and sing along  ;D ;D ;D

Thomas

and getting me all read up about Scot history and lending me loads of books. :D)

which parts of scotlands history are you reading about dyno?

Thomas

That's great. :) I like playing with brushes a lot myself and jazz drumming is great... not quite there but maybe with a kit to practice on at home I'd get there. ;)

Phil collins was a great jazz drummer when he played in a band called brand x. I quite enjoyed listening to him , and like myself he is corrie fisted ( left handed).

Im more of a rock drummer , and some of my favourite artists were the likes of dave lombardo , lars ulrich and neil peart of course of rush.

Quote(Also, she's my Scottish link being part Scot (Bell clan) and getting me all read up about Scot history and lending me loads of books

Bell is a borderers name  , quite well known. A lot of them got deported over to northern ireland in the early 17th century by king jamesy the saxth , for cattle rustling sheep shagging extortion and general thievery.

One of the familys famous sons was ivor bell , well know IRA commander  , irish republican and descendant of scottish planters. You are showing your labour party roots here dyno. :D ;)

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 06:28:35 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 06:22:27 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 20, 2020, 06:09:46 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 05:13:50 PM
The mid 00's was my favourite time really..

I can play a few 80's songs on guitar anyway, and I like 80's synths... I've got a fairlite cmi emulator which was used by a lot of the new romantic-y guys.

Out of 80's stuff I'd say the Bowie, Floyd and David Sylvian stuff is my favourite, but then there's Ry Cooder and stuff.

do you play dyno?

I play drums , played pubs all round west central scotland , and today i dabble with the bass guitar.

Im into rock , punk pretty much most music from bob marley ( srbs favourit )to U2 . from niravana and metallica to pink floyd.

Some good  stuff from the eighties ( well i was only a wean unlike all you auld yins oan here  ;)) , pretty much from most decades  , and the only thing i can't stand is rap music.

Awesome. :)

Yep.. I write songs, have played drums too a bit, but keyboard and guitar are the only two things I'm using now.

Were you in a band writing original songs then...

(funnily enough my ma's bf knew John Martyn and knows Eddie Reader, goes up to Glasgae every now and then. They're pals..

I love Martyn's stuff, he came down and played the beach front at Hastings a long time ago... I was only little then myself but yeah.)

Cool stuff though..

yep played in a band which wrote its own stuff and obviously covered.

Member when i first started before i drove , getting on a bus wae a bag of feckin paiste cymbals and drumsticks to go down to the practice studios. ( where you rented the dums with the practice rooms)

still dabble today with a bass guitar as i said , been learning that on and off.

Seen some crackin bands over the years , and i can even remember some of the concerts when i wasnt too pished. ;D

That's great. :) I like playing with brushes a lot myself and jazz drumming is great... not quite there but maybe with a kit to practice on at home I'd get there. ;)

*I should add (for some reason I feel the need to clarify my earlier statement) that my ma is friends with Eddie and goes up there too, hence the mention, I don't really get on with her bf as he made her a bit unhappy once or twice, so I had a go at him. /random honesty over.

(Also, she's my Scottish link being part Scot (Bell clan) and getting me all read up about Scot history and lending me loads of books. :D)
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on September 20, 2020, 06:22:27 PM

I can play a few 80's songs on guitar anyway, and I like 80's synths... I've got a fairlite cmi emulator which was used by a lot of the new romantic-y guys.

Out of 80's stuff I'd say the Bowie, Floyd and David Sylvian stuff is my favourite, but then there's Ry Cooder and stuff.

do you play dyno?

I play drums , played pubs all round west central scotland , and today i dabble with the bass guitar.

Im into rock , punk pretty much most music from bob marley ( srbs favourit )to U2 . from niravana and metallica to pink floyd.

Some good  stuff from the eighties ( well i was only a wean unlike all you auld yins oan here  ;)) , pretty much from most decades  , and the only thing i can't stand is rap music.

Yep.. I write songs, have played drums too a bit, but keyboard and guitar are the only two things I'm using now.

(funnily enough my ma's bf knew John Martyn and knows Eddie Reader, goes up to Glasgae every now and then. They're pals..

I love Martyn's stuff, he came down and played the beach front at Hastings a long time ago... I was only little then myself but yeah.)

Cool stuff though..

yep played in a band which wrote its own stuff and obviously covered.

Member when i first started before i drove , getting on a bus wae a bag of feckin paiste cymbals and drumsticks to go down to the practice studios. ( where you rented the dums with the practice rooms)

still dabble today with a bass guitar as i said , been learning that on and off.

Seen some crackin bands over the years , and i can even remember some of the concerts when i wasnt too pished. ;D

Borg Refinery

do you play dyno?

Cool stuff though..

+++

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 20, 2020, 06:17:39 PM

do you play dyno?

You like Pink Floyd and can't stand rap.

At least we agree on something right there.

and bob steve ...and cypress hill! :D