Fifth ex-PM speaks out against post-Brexit bill

Started by Borchester, September 14, 2020, 12:46:22 PM

« previous - next »

Forum admin

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 17, 2020, 08:42:32 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 17, 2020, 08:23:44 AM

This is an oft repeated brazen lie. No one in modern UK history has received the backing of a majority of the electorate.

No it ain't and yes they have.

At the 1931 General Election the Conservatives won 55% of the vote.
Of course it is a brazen lie! Johnson was voted for by 44% of the electorate. That is not a majority of the electorate. If you think it is you need maths lessons.

As for modern UK history I was thinking post war. But you have to go back 85 years to find a party voted for by a majority. Has it happened since? Lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

This is an oft repeated brazen lie. No one in modern UK history has received the backing of a majority of the electorate.

No it ain't and yes they have.

At the 1931 General Election the Conservatives won 55% of the vote.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 17, 2020, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 06:43:15 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on September 17, 2020, 06:33:36 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 08:28:08 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 15, 2020, 09:30:47 PM
Boris has been given a job to do by the majority of the electorate
This is an oft repeated brazen lie. No one in modern UK history has received the backing of a majority of the electorate. Spaffwaffle only got the backing of 44% of it. If you think 44% is a majority, I suggest you need to revisit maths lessons.
Thats right SRB Boris didn't win by a landslide, you keep believing it.
He won a majority of seats. But was not supported by a majority of the electorate. That's how FPTP often works. To claim that he was supported by a majority of the electorate is a brazen lie.
You tried to pull the exact same shit after the referendum and look what that got you, you lot never fecking learn.
Bollocks. The referendum was a simple yes or no. 52% voted for Brexit. That's actually a genuine majority. Only 44% voted for Spaffwaffle. That isn't.
bollocks you all said the same thing after the referendum, it wasn't really a majority unless everyone in the country voted, now you are trying to pull the same trick. If it failed the last time, how do you think it will get on this time?
you spent four years telling us the silent majority were behind you, I have never heard so much cobblers in all of my life.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 06:43:15 PM
This is an oft repeated brazen lie. No one in modern UK history has received the backing of a majority of the electorate. Spaffwaffle only got the backing of 44% of it. If you think 44% is a majority, I suggest you need to revisit maths lessons.
He won a majority of seats. But was not supported by a majority of the electorate. That's how FPTP often works. To claim that he was supported by a majority of the electorate is a brazen lie.
You tried to pull the exact same shit after the referendum and look what that got you, you lot never fecking learn.
Bollocks. The referendum was a simple yes or no. 52% voted for Brexit. That's actually a genuine majority of the electorate. Only 44% voted for Spaffwaffle. That isn't.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 17, 2020, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 08:55:21 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2020, 08:30:04 AM

It was also a  67.3% voter turnout, so out of the electorate, that 44% is a lot lower.
So it wasn't a landslide Smurfy and the tories didn't have a huge majority, always good to know.
A majority of seats under FPTP does not equate to the support of a majority of the electorate as any honest person who is not an idiot knows. In 2005 Labour won a majority when only 35% of voters voted for them. A majority in parliament does not equate to the support of a majority of the electorate.
That ain't what you all said before the election. you were going to win hands down, typical hypocrite after the fact. We all know what it was really fought on.

srb7677

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 08:55:21 AM

It was also a  67.3% voter turnout, so out of the electorate, that 44% is a lot lower.
So it wasn't a landslide Smurfy and the tories didn't have a huge majority, always good to know.
A majority of seats under FPTP does not equate to the support of a majority of the electorate as any honest person who is not an idiot knows. In 2005 Labour won a majority when only 35% of voters voted for them. A majority in parliament does not equate to the support of a majority of the electorate.

Sheepy

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

srb7677

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on September 15, 2020, 09:17:51 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on September 15, 2020, 08:56:08 PMAs I say we will see what laws have been broken later as of yet they haven't broken one .
I suggest just threatening to break the law shows a contempt for what should be normal honest** dealing if the UK doesn't want to be shafted over those other third party deals that were supposedly in the bag...

**PS — I temporarily forgot Johnson's the head honcho here so Honesty's probably wishful thinking...
well as always you are great talker Pat, but sometimes listening is a good thing, Boris has been given a job to do by the majority of the electorate and he will receive the backing to do so, Tony Blair and his crew of vagabonds don't get to say which are the red lines so they best get over themselves pretty sharpish. Can't be fairer than that. As they are all just about detested by the electorate anyway it won't take the electorate much to tip over the edge.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 15, 2020, 08:56:08 PMAs I say we will see what laws have been broken later as of yet they haven't broken one .
I suggest just threatening to break the law shows a contempt for what should be normal honest** dealing if the UK doesn't want to be shafted over those other third party deals that were supposedly in the bag...

**PS — I temporarily forgot Johnson's the head honcho here so Honesty's probably wishful thinking...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...