Started by cromwell, September 14, 2020, 10:47:39 PM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 03:25:27 PM
Quote from: Sampanviking on September 17, 2020, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 16, 2020, 08:03:19 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2020, 07:45:13 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 16, 2020, 07:41:07 PM

There is some logic in the argument, but surely the Novichok group is generally restricted to Russians?

All "Novichok" means is new. There are at least 100 variants. The other point being where the Russian nerve agent laboratories were (USSR), they no longer are since the USSR split.

So who else did it and why then?

As papa says, the Novichok range of agents are a least 40 years old and the west has had access to them for over thirty years, via ex soviet republics. The fact an agent can be identified, means that the west has samples or stores of these agents against which the signature can be tested against for identification. Any developed country that knows the formula can easily make them. Its just a little bit of Hollywood theatrics that calls them by a Russian name, just to reinforce any desired message.

So when and what other countries have been proven to have used Novichok variants in killings?

You seem to be suggesting it's a false flag by the west by proxy just to make Putin look bad.

I would say that even calling it a false flag, would give this incident more dignity than it deserves. I seriously doubt any Nerve Agent has been used, as there would have been a huge amount more fuss than would otherwise have been the case, plus others falling ill due to secondary contact etc - instead its largely an awkward silence.

So much of the problem is the loaded language used to describe this guy - He is called a leading Opposition Leader, which for most people who have no interest in such things, will make him sound like our "Leader of the Official Opposition", when in fact he is nothing of the sort. At best he is something like the leader of Plaid Cymru. Our media big him up and try to present him as something far more than he actually is.
This is a very dangerous thing for him to be, as it makes him more valuable as propaganda tool for the west, than he is an actual politician in Russia.
As a active politician, he is unlikely to be able to achieve anything more than be a figurehead for protest. As a Martyred propaganda tool, used by his so called Western backers to promote their own agenda, he becomes far more useful as the justification for aggressive and hostile policies against Russia and its interests. Plus of course it furthers the established Russia/Putin bad narrative of the Western Establishment.

Is this what has happened? I have no idea, but given that he poses little threat to the power of Putin alive and is far more useful to West dead or badly injured - who knows.
That is not the only possible scenario either, as Papa has already said, there are other matters with other powerful factions in Russia and abroad, that he will have crossed. Plus, nobody rises to prominence without some form of support. If he is not simply a Western Shill, than he will be the creature of one puppet master Oligarch or another and these guys do have their turf wars with each other....

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 06:06:23 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 05:34:05 PM
Ok, so you've just been writing posts is what you mean.

Not sure why you had to go all cryptic there.
Oh now you think you have the right of passage to the brotherhood, you gotta earn that dyno.

I've never earnt a Eurovision win sadly. :)
https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/joe-biden-praises-trump-led-israel-uae-bahrain-peace-accords/
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 05:51:34 PM

Oh now you think you have the right of passage to the brotherhood, you gotta earn that dyno.

I've never earnt a Eurovision win sadly. :)
+++

Sheepy

Borg Refinery

+++

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 05:27:31 PM
No, it is hacking and stalking.

I'm asking you how you've been "saving me from zoning out", what have you been doing?

Do you mean just posting mildly provocative stuff or something else?
Well you seemed to enjoy the humour at the time, and what mildly provocative stuff? see you are off again.

Borg Refinery

No, it is hacking and stalking.

I'm asking you how you've been "saving me from zoning out", what have you been doing?

Do you mean just posting mildly provocative stuff or something else?

+++

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 05:08:00 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 04:51:19 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 04:48:32 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 04:35:15 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 04:30:45 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 04:24:34 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 03:23:09 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 12:52:35 PM
Ha you don't have to worry about my getting lonely, I have millions of populists for company.
just so you know I have eyes in the back of my head.

Talking to yourself again sheepy? :D
we are taking bets on how many hours you last before you zone out.

Mere hours? Days you mean. Probably 15 days and 10 hours all in, but I can go longer with some feed in the field.
nah you started off with about five hours and we had to rescue you and usually it is between 3 and 4.

You rescued me by spending the same amount of time on as me and posting mildly sarcy comments? 😜

Not having been on here for multiple months at a time and posting from a phone, it doesn't really make much difference. The fact is you've been on here from earlier than me - and you're additionally spending time communicating about me with others as well.

That's quite stalk-y by the way.
LOL not even an hour dyno,

If you say so. ;)

QuoteA record, nobody is stalking you. Thomas myslef and Dawg saved you because you were zoning out.

?

Not really enthused by this, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, then again I'm paranoid after having been both hacked and stalked elsewhere.

What exactly have you been doing? And to what end?
well you answered your own question, you are paranoid, I ain't so sure it is all down to hacking or stalking maybe just paranoid. In all honesty I wouldn't go posting strange paranoid stuff on american forms, the Yanks are more paranoid than you.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sheepy on September 17, 2020, 04:51:19 PM
Ha you don't have to worry about my getting lonely, I have millions of populists for company.

Mere hours? Days you mean. Probably 15 days and 10 hours all in, but I can go longer with some feed in the field.
nah you started off with about five hours and we had to rescue you and usually it is between 3 and 4.

You rescued me by spending the same amount of time on as me and posting mildly sarcy comments? 😜

Not having been on here for multiple months at a time and posting from a phone, it doesn't really make much difference. The fact is you've been on here from earlier than me - and you're additionally spending time communicating about me with others as well.

LOL not even an hour dyno,

If you say so. ;)

QuoteA record, nobody is stalking you. Thomas myslef and Dawg saved you because you were zoning out.

?

Not really enthused by this, maybe I'm misunderstanding you, then again I'm paranoid after having been both hacked and stalked elsewhere.

What exactly have you been doing? And to what end?
+++

Sheepy

LOL not even an hour dyno, A record, nobody is stalking you. Thomas myslef and Dawg saved you because you were zoning out.

Borg Refinery

+++

Sheepy

Borg Refinery

+++

Sheepy

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on September 17, 2020, 04:06:06 PM

The post was addressed to Sampanbombaybermuda, mein freund.

You have stated your position many times now, roger that, recv'd loud and clear

Because you multiple quoted that was not obvious. (One of the reasons I don't multi quote.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe