Question for Scottish Nationalists

Started by srb7677, September 15, 2020, 12:17:47 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

It is an reasonable question .

As you would know I was UKIP for many years . Once the goal was achieved though it all unravelled very quickly and though I dont think the same would happen to the SNP they will maybe loose some support on Independence .
Without Independence driving them their other policies will come under the microscope and they will have to make sure they are in tune with the Scottish electorate .

Im not sure the Labour party or the Tories would continue in an independent Scotland ,would they have the funds to do it for one without Westminster interest or backing ? Maybe a new party  would emerge to challenge the SNP ,I really dont see  one that has an English history being in contention .

HDQQ

You missed out the option of "Scottish Trotskyite Falangist Monster Raving Loony Party" :D
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

srb7677

I am thinking particularly of Thomas as I pose this question.

Most Scottish nationalists back the SNP with the overriding aim of gaining independence.

But what about the day when you have independence already? Imagine that you then have a separate Scottish Labour Party, a separate Scottish Conservative Party, and a separate Scottish Lib Dem Party - all of them reconciled to Scottish independence and entirely independent of London - as well as the SNP.

Who would you vote for then? Still the SNP? And if so on what policy basis? Or - with independence achieved - would you vote for the Scottish Tories or anyone else?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.