The Internal market bill

Started by T00ts, September 15, 2020, 01:16:05 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

You don't live abroad and you never trusted your country in the first place.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2020, 01:16:05 PM
I have tried several times to join the thread about this but to be honest I lost the courage with all the slanging matches going on. You guys don't make it very easy sometimes. So perhaps if I try afresh someone will help.

The problem is Bojo-The Clown has now totally destroyed what little credibility and trust Britain had abroad.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2020, 01:16:05 PM
I have tried several times to join the thread about this but to be honest I lost the courage with all the slanging matches going on. You guys don't make it very easy sometimes. So perhaps if I try afresh someone will help.

I have tried to get a handle on it and can't understand why all the dissent. I have seen arguments that we signed willingly. Is that really true? Didn't the WA negotiations wander on for ever more because the EU ruled how and when they would progress? We let them set the agenda, we allowed them to hold everything up unless agreement was reached pretty much one at a time and generally in their favour. Didn't they hold a carrot out to us that a WA would precede a Trade agreement but only if we agreed to their demands? Didn't we have negotiators who were put in that position because they were Brexiteers for PR purposes but they actually had their hands tied by remainers?

Didn't we muddle along being told that we didn't know what we wanted with the EU winning the upper hand to the point that we allowed them to box us into a corner over NI? Wasn't it then that Westminster mutinied? Wasn't it then that the Remain lobby thought that they had a chance of turning it around? Didn't we then give the EU the idea that if they just hung on long enough we would never leave? Didn't May have to recourse to kidnapping to persuade Cabinet to agree?

We didn't sign that WA willingly. It was the only way to get on after so abysmally letting the country down. Even now we are being played all over again, but the EU is actually too stupid to realise that this time we are not the walk over we were. We are not going to be pushed into handing over NI as part of the EU. We are not going to stand by while they decide just how badly they can damage us. I understood that this bill was to make sure that we weren't if the EU continue to string us along.

Already German car makers are up in arms just as promised. Of course the EU is spitting feathers because at last someone has the courage to stand up to them and look like carrying through. Greece tried, Italy tried even Southern Ireland tried but all were brow beaten and bowed to the EU way. If the EU is ever going to improve someone has to make a stand if for no other reason than for the weaker members.

Sorry toots. ;) We can't help being over-argumentative arseholes....

I can't really agree with you, the bill is just laughable for every  possible reason one can possibly think of IMHO. We're so far apart on this issue that I guessit'sjust best to leave it there
+++

T00ts

I have tried to get a handle on it and can't understand why all the dissent. I have seen arguments that we signed willingly. Is that really true? Didn't the WA negotiations wander on for ever more because the EU ruled how and when they would progress? We let them set the agenda, we allowed them to hold everything up unless agreement was reached pretty much one at a time and generally in their favour. Didn't they hold a carrot out to us that a WA would precede a Trade agreement but only if we agreed to their demands? Didn't we have negotiators who were put in that position because they were Brexiteers for PR purposes but they actually had their hands tied by remainers?

Didn't we muddle along being told that we didn't know what we wanted with the EU winning the upper hand to the point that we allowed them to box us into a corner over NI? Wasn't it then that Westminster mutinied? Wasn't it then that the Remain lobby thought that they had a chance of turning it around? Didn't we then give the EU the idea that if they just hung on long enough we would never leave? Didn't May have to recourse to kidnapping to persuade Cabinet to agree?

We didn't sign that WA willingly. It was the only way to get on after so abysmally letting the country down. Even now we are being played all over again, but the EU is actually too stupid to realise that this time we are not the walk over we were. We are not going to be pushed into handing over NI as part of the EU. We are not going to stand by while they decide just how badly they can damage us. I understood that this bill was to make sure that we weren't if the EU continue to string us along.

Already German car makers are up in arms just as promised. Of course the EU is spitting feathers because at last someone has the courage to stand up to them and look like carrying through. Greece tried, Italy tried even Southern Ireland tried but all were brow beaten and bowed to the EU way. If the EU is ever going to improve someone has to make a stand if for no other reason than for the weaker members.