The Internal market bill

Started by T00ts, September 15, 2020, 01:16:05 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

I like Gerry, never has one man been so dedicated to overturning democracy, definitely an  EU man through and through. He has given me hours and hours of amusement.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 03:28:51 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 02:46:50 PMYou get what you vote for

Good, cause 17.4 million voted to leave the EU cartel.

Out of an electorate of 48 million.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 03:28:51 PM

Thanks for finally acknowledging democracy though.

Yep , what a strange thing for gerry to say.

in light of the fact the majority voted to leave the eu in 2016 , and gerry has been complaining about democracy ever since , and the fact gerry isnt even a uk voter?

Clearly you should get what you vote for , but if gerry and co had their way  , it would only be if they say so.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Thanks for finally acknowledging democracy though.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on September 16, 2020, 03:26:31 PM

I voted to leave the EU.
So I'm pleased.

Did you get what you voted for too?

poor old gerry is still on here banging his head against a brick wall i see.

;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 02:46:50 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 02:36:44 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 12:47:46 PMThe NHS has had funding in excess of the Bus so your point is irrelevant.

The NHS needing funding has never been at question. It's being about who pays. Johnson said the money wasted going to the EU would be used for the NHS. It now turns out you and other taxpayers are footing the bill. Your also footing the over £130b it's cost the UK so far over brexit. Any you will cost the impact of sterling falling 30% against the Euro since brexit started.
But you'll get your sovereignty back, oh wait you've signed over some to the EU in the WA and you are signing over control of state aid in the Japan deal. Wonder how much more the UK will sign over in USA and China deals. You see that's the problem with having a convicted liar at the helm, you just can't believe a word he says.
well who knew Gerry, that politicians are devious bastards, thanks for the explanation.
You get what you vote for

I voted to leave the EU.
So I'm pleased.

Did you get what you voted for too?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 02:31:01 PMJohnson said the money wasted going to the EU would be used for the NHS.

Firstly show me where it said that on the Bus.

Secondly you can't redirect funds until you stop sending it to the EU.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 02:46:50 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 12:47:46 PMThe NHS has had funding in excess of the Bus so your point is irrelevant.

The NHS needing funding has never been at question. It's being about who pays. Johnson said the money wasted going to the EU would be used for the NHS. It now turns out you and other taxpayers are footing the bill. Your also footing the over £130b it's cost the UK so far over brexit. Any you will cost the impact of sterling falling 30% against the Euro since brexit started.
But you'll get your sovereignty back, oh wait you've signed over some to the EU in the WA and you are signing over control of state aid in the Japan deal. Wonder how much more the UK will sign over in USA and China deals. You see that's the problem with having a convicted liar at the helm, you just can't believe a word he says.
well who knew Gerry, that politicians are devious bastards, thanks for the explanation.
We will eventually, you can bet on that, they might well think otherwise.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 02:38:41 PMJust look at this lot shouting and screaming and clapping themselves.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/eu-chief-says-brexit-deal-101853009.html

No shouting, or screaming. Quite reserved and to the point. And correct by the way.

GerryT

Sheepy

Sheepy

GerryT

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 01:45:48 AM
Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2020, 07:15:32 PMThank you for the detailed reply. I always read your posts with some interest because you seem to hold the exact opposite view to me. I hate long posts they make the thread difficult so in the light of our inability to be persuaded to the other's view I will just say that I hope your are wrong. 
Thanks toot's, and I hope we're both wrong and somewhere in the middle the UK and EU find a solution !
Ha, don't be surprised if the Westminster party have been stirring it all up so they can say, we have to make these concessions to get a deal, it won't be the first time.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 01:46:48 AM
Quote from: Nick on September 15, 2020, 07:32:06 PMNo, Teressa May pissed about cause her husband sells into the EU, not the UK. Brexiteers knew exactly what we wanted. The same we still want, OUT at any cost.
Where was that big red bus.

The NHS has had funding in excess of the Bus so your point is irrelevant.