The Internal market bill

Started by T00ts, September 15, 2020, 01:16:05 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 04:55:19 PMThe UK in the EU was always a free choice

Utter rubbish, we joined an economic union and ended up in a political monster.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 04:10:31 PMWhat price freedom gerry.?

As you , an irishman , should know.
Yes, IRL fought for freedom, we were "captive", robbed, killed, held back. The UK in the EU was always a free choice, join when you want, leave when you want. It improved the UK standard of life. No comparison. The UK can't get freedom when it always had it.
Leaving is one thing, it could have been done so much easier, planned, staged so as to not hurt the UK and others. But stupid, self serving politicians played on old imperialistic notions.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 04:49:22 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 04:06:29 PMthey are all devious but......you make me laugh, you really do. The EU was always built on politicians lies, all of them the devious bastards.
Great you must have ome great examples of EU politicians lying and getting away with it. As opposed to being held accountable.
The Eu was not built on politicians lies, unless your talking about UK politician's. IRL doesn't have a culture of lying either in politics, it's not tolerated.
LOL of course it was, they invented it from thin air, are you drunk?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 04:06:29 PMthey are all devious but......you make me laugh, you really do. The EU was always built on politicians lies, all of them the devious bastards.
Great you must have ome great examples of EU politicians lying and getting away with it. As opposed to being held accountable.
The Eu was not built on politicians lies, unless your talking about UK politician's. IRL doesn't have a culture of lying either in politics, it's not tolerated.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 03:58:15 PMSecondly brexit is costing more than what you were paying net to the EU, there's no money coming back, it's all going down the toilet

Short term but don't give a crap, it's about being independent, ask Tom about it.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 04:01:36 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 03:51:13 PMThen he tells us Politicians are devious bastards, but not the ones he supports, feck off they are all devious bastards not just the old Etonians.
A classic Gerry.
There are some that try it on but when caught they get the bullet. Not in the UK, they get promoted and people love them. That's the difference. The bigger the cad the more he's liked.
Our most recent was Phil Hogan, tried to ignore Covid restrictions and that cost him his job due to people calling for his head. How come Johnson survives.

It's called westmonster for a reason. ;)

Of course, the NOTA and mass abstention campaigns (and electoral history of Europe and the modern EU itself) utterly eludes these people.

But we deserve new parties, that's all I can add. I think Irl would do better with some breakage in the power of FF FG and SF also.

I think in countries like Iceland they had the right idea, sadly PR/AMS etc is manipulable to return alt-right fruits at the behest of Vladi Surkov, Bannon etc who want to break up Europe.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 03:36:09 PM
I like Gerry, never has one man been so dedicated to overturning democracy, definitely an  EU man through and through. He has given me hours and hours of amusement.

you know what lenin said sheep.

"There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen"

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 03:58:15 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 03:24:16 PMFirstly show me where it said that on the Bus.

Secondly you can't redirect funds until you stop sending it to the EU.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-says-his-350-million-a-week-brexit-claim-was-an-underestimate-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Firstly it wasn't 350m a week, it's not even half that figure.

Secondly brexit is costing more than what you were paying net to the EU, there's no money coming back, it's all going down the toilet

What price freedom gerry.?

I am not so sure about that. I have always suspected that Gerry is some sort of Plastic Paddy living in Catford in South London.

But as Tommy has posted, decisions are made by those who show up. Speaking as some one who has seen the sick, the lame and the probably dead carried into Polling Stations, if you can't be bothered to vote then tough shit.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 03:58:15 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 03:24:16 PMFirstly show me where it said that on the Bus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-says-his-350-million-a-week-brexit-claim-was-an-underestimate-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Secondly brexit is costing more than what you were paying net to the EU, there's no money coming back, it's all going down the toilet

What price freedom gerry.?

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 04:01:36 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 03:51:13 PMThen he tells us Politicians are devious bastards, but not the ones he supports, feck off they are all devious bastards not just the old Etonians.
A classic Gerry.
There are some that try it on but when caught they get the bullet. Not in the UK, they get promoted and people love them. That's the difference. The bigger the cad the more he's liked.
Our most recent was Phil Hogan, tried to ignore Covid restrictions and that cost him his job due to people calling for his head. How come Johnson survives.
they are all devious but......you make me laugh, you really do. The EU was always built on politicians lies, all of them the devious bastards.

GerryT

A classic Gerry.

GerryT

Sheepy

Then he tells us Politicians are devious bastards, but not the ones he supports, feck off they are all devious bastards not just the old Etonians.
A classic Gerry.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2020, 03:34:53 PM

Out of an electorate of 48 million.

sure but you cant force people to vote.......if they dont vote  , they dont have a say and cant moan.

Dont remember anyone saying anything when tony blair won a landslide majority for labour  on less than 25% of the vote out of an electorate of 44.5 million people in 2001.

Now all of a sudden its an issue..... :D

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 16, 2020, 03:34:53 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 03:28:51 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 02:46:50 PMYou get what you vote for

Good, cause 17.4 million voted to leave the EU cartel.

Out of an electorate of 48 million.

Correct, and only 16.1 million voted no. What's your point?

Are you staying leave didn't win?