The Internal market bill

Started by T00ts, September 15, 2020, 01:16:05 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 16, 2020, 06:07:28 PMWell we could have left by rescinding the  1972 communities act at that was my personal choice of the way to go but I guess the powers to be decided to try and get some sort of agreement that would honour the GFA . That was  and is the only reason we haven't told the EU and  Leo Varadka  to go swivel .  ......IMO .
The GFA was 1998, a long time between 1972 and 1998. The point i you did sign the GFA and it's a international treaty that supersedes your parliament. That's a UK problem, go figure a solution.

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 16, 2020, 06:07:28 PMJohnson with the bill in place  even if it does break  international law will leave the EU as the only party of the parties (sounds like a line from the Quiet Man   that would insist on  a border .
Johnson may have played a blinder .
Johnson is an idiot, the WA allows the EU legal recourse if the UK does use the bill to break international law. The EU globally will be backed by everyone if it decides to take action. The WA agreement also allows the EU hefty financial payments from the UK for breaking the WA. If the UK does take that path it will do massive damage to its ability to do trade deals with others. Who in their right mind would trust the UK when it's going around breaking deals only 8 mths old. A loose-loose scenario for the UK, and you think he's played a blinder  :D :D

Borg Refinery

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 06:07:05 PMThe UK could have left at any point, all it had to do was say we've had enough.

In all fairness Gerry mate, that is a bit of a wild claim, I think you know that isn't how it really was.

Granted, Greenland left in '85 and others renegotiated etc, but it wasn't just some simple decision. The EU certainly does aggressively pursue people to rejoin or change their mind re skeptcism (Portugal?).

I don't blame the EU for doing that, just as Exiters do, but it's not as simple as "if you want to leave, you leave tomorrow" and I think you being a clever guy know that.
+++

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 06:09:25 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 05:45:13 PMWhere was the vote when it changed. John Major shafted us.
Seriously, a UK man shafted the UK. I thought this was all the EU's fault. Johnny foreigner, when all along it was an English man, starting to make sense now.
Just another politician shafting us all, just like all of the rest of them. nice try though.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 05:45:13 PMWhere was the vote when it changed. John Major shafted us.
Seriously, a UK man shafted the UK. I thought this was all the EU's fault. Johnny foreigner, when all along it was an English man, starting to make sense now.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 05:35:45 PM
Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 04:59:34 PMUtter rubbish, we joined an economic union and ended up in a political monster.
You could have left at any time. The UK forged the way in change within the EEC/EU, the UK would love the EU, but it would have to rule it, being a member with a shared vote is just not the English way. It's why in the UK union the other 3 parties are not equals in the union.

Well we could have left by rescinding the  1972 communities act at that was my personal choice of the way to go but I guess the powers to be decided to try and get some sort of agreement that would honour the GFA . That was  and is the only reason we haven't told the EU and  Leo Varadka  to go swivel .  ......IMO .

Johnson with the bill in place  even if it does break  international law will leave the EU as the only party of the parties (sounds like a line from the Quiet Man  :)) that would insist on  a border .
Johnson may have played a blinder .

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 05:42:51 PMNo they couldnt. Their two main political parties stopped them having a say up until cameorn in 2015 tried to ride the massive wave of growing discontent and harness this into a remain vote to stop ukip destroying his party , and he failed.

Stop talking cac gerry.

They voted in 2016 , four and a half years ago and westminster  fought tooth and nail to stop them leaving.

so how could the english people have left anytime?

You could have left britian anytime , but it still took you feckin 800 years . So you are one to talk.
Seriously, what your saying is, the people you voted into govt. won't let you leave. More of the sheriff from blazing saddles coming from you Thomas. DO you ever stop to think what your writing.

The UK could have left at any point, all it had to do was say we've had enough. If that's what people really wanted then politicians would have stood on that tickek decades ago knowing it would give them the Govt. The way you go on you would think it was every man woman and child that wanted to leave, sorry but it wasn't, not by a long long way.

Now I know you know a lot about history and Irish history with your posts. How could IRL leave when it was held at gun point, people thrown off their land to starve and die in ditches in their millions when vast amounts of food was exported to GB. Don't make me laugh. IRL had to fight for independence against an aggressor.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 05:37:22 PM...and there are many examples of nations part of some thing larger who werent captured robbed killed , but still wanted their independence.

The english dont want to be part of the eu nor tied to its rules. What part of this 4 and a half years on are you not getting Gerry?
THe UK freely joined and it can freely leave. It has always been free. The point was the UK is fighting for it's freedom, as if it were been held captive, it always had it's freedom.
I know the UK want out and decided that, but that's not at all the question. The question is, what form of relationship does the UK want with the rest of the world and with the EU. That's what the past 3 yrs have been about. If it doesn't want a relationship above WTO, just say so. THe UK doesn't have a clue what it wants, only what it doesn't want.

Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 05:37:22 PMYou are having the adverse effect you hoped for on here........even i  am listning to you with revulsion.
You are making people even more determined to leave  , and you are that daft you can't even see it.
You have left, doesn't seem to sink in with you. How can people be more determined to leave when they've left.
What the UK needs to do is start telling people what they want, then maybe the UK can move forward. It can't sit there blaming the EU on every decision the UK makes, it can't just sit calling the EU a bully. Just move on, tell the EU thanks, but we're not interested in a deal. It's like watching a 12yr old with a decision to make and he gets confused and starts crying.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 05:45:13 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 05:35:45 PMThe UK forged the way in change within the EEC/EU, the UK would love the EU

Where was the vote when it changed. John Major shafted us.

and what was it he called eurosceptics....? bastards?

This has all been building for years , we all saw the rise of eurosceptiscm , except those in their ivory towers .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 05:35:45 PMThe UK forged the way in change within the EEC/EU, the UK would love the EU

Where was the vote when it changed. John Major shafted us.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 05:35:45 PM

You could have left at any time.

No they couldnt. Their two main political parties stopped them having a say up until cameorn in 2015 tried to ride the massive wave of growing discontent and harness this into a remain vote to stop ukip destroying his party , and he failed.

Stop talking cac gerry.

They voted in 2016 , four and a half years ago and westminster  fought tooth and nail to stop them leaving.

so how could the english people have left anytime?

You could have left britian anytime , but it still took you feckin 800 years . So you are one to talk.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 16, 2020, 05:01:25 PM

Then every political party denied us the choice to say no, but they never made it up of course.

The english have my admiration for being so determined to stand up to the westminster party and pro european friends.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 04:55:19 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 04:10:31 PMWhat price freedom gerry.?

As you , an irishman , should know.
Yes, IRL fought for freedom, we were "captive", robbed, killed, held back. The UK in the EU was always a free choice, join when you want, leave when you want. It improved the UK standard of life. No comparison. The UK can't get freedom when it always had it.
Leaving is one thing, it could have been done so much easier, planned, staged so as to not hurt the UK and others. But stupid, self serving politicians played on old imperialistic notions.

...and there are many examples of nations part of some thing larger who werent captured robbed killed , but still wanted their independence.

The english dont want to be part of the eu nor tied to its rules. What part of this 4 and a half years on are you not getting Gerry?

You are having the adverse effect you hoped for on here........even i  am listning to you with revulsion.

You are making people even more determined to leave  , and you are that daft you cant even see it.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 04:59:34 PMUtter rubbish, we joined an economic union and ended up in a political monster.
You could have left at any time. The UK forged the way in change within the EEC/EU, the UK would love the EU, but it would have to rule it, being a member with a shared vote is just not the English way. It's why in the UK union the other 3 parties are not equals in the union.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 04:55:19 PM
Quote from: Thomas on September 16, 2020, 04:10:31 PMWhat price freedom gerry.?

As you , an irishman , should know.
Yes, IRL fought for freedom, we were "captive", robbed, killed, held back. The UK in the EU was always a free choice, join when you want, leave when you want. It improved the UK standard of life. No comparison. The UK can't get freedom when it always had it.
Leaving is one thing, it could have been done so much easier, planned, staged so as to not hurt the UK and others. But stupid, self serving politicians played on old imperialistic notions.
You mean we just outflanked the devious bastards and will again in a minute or two.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 16, 2020, 04:59:34 PM
Quote from: GerryT on September 16, 2020, 04:55:19 PMThe UK in the EU was always a free choice

Utter rubbish, we joined an economic union and ended up in a political monster.
Then every political party denied us the choice to say no, but they never made it up of course.